Xseed announces limited edition bundle

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Xseed announces limited edition bundle

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:It'll prolly be February. Which is actually fine with me. I haven't even touched the import since my move. I'm still at Lann.
I'm embarrassingly behind as well... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You two should be ashamed of yourselves! *Administers spankings*

By the way, I just received an email from XSEED's mailing list and here is where you can preorder the game.
Where can I pre-order?
Pre-orders to reserve the Limited Premium Packaging for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony can be made at Amazon.com, EB Games, GameStop, Game Crazy, and other participating retailers.
I never pre-ordered a game on Amazon, and would be worried that during shipping something could be damaged. I would rather give them the business over Gamestop though.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I just checked Amazon and they have a release date of February 2nd. I'm curious to see if Gamestop is going to offer anything additional as they sometimes do.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Huh, I searched on GameStop and EB Games and only saw the normal version.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Silver Phoenix wrote:You two should be ashamed of yourselves! *Administers spankings*
Borgan ('s American outtakes) sez: "You need a shpanking! Ugh! If I weren't dying I'd give you a good shpanking..."

Also, I've not really seen much in the way of damage via shipping from either Amazon Japan or Amazon America, so I'm sure you'd be fine.
aka Maou

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Pre-ordered my limited edition bundle. ^_^

Kind of stinks I have to wait until the about February 8 - 10 to get it though (if Feb. 2nd is the correct release date). I wish shipping was instant. XD

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

This isn't limited to GameSpot and/or Amazon only, right?
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

GameStop, EB Games, Amazon.com, Game Crazy, and any participating retailers.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Best news ever! Thanks guys, now I have to go to gamestop to make sure I get the bundle. =)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Since the game was just announced officially with the Limited Edition, (EB Games/GameStop) will have to update their system before you can pre-order it.

If you notice, Amazon didn't even have an image for it. It would be nice if there was a box or something that everything is packaged in with different art to make it extra special.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

SP I did go into GameStop yesterday and they had it in their systems. I am such a L-nerd I am buying two limited editions, one to play and one to collect dust. (not that I should be spending that much money but hey it's Lunar) They had it set for release on 2/2/2010 (still unofficial I believe). Part of me wants to get a regular copy as well only to use the LE for the soundtrack but that would be a waste of money.

I also glanced through Game Informer and saw no mention of Lunar SSH but I'll look through it more thoroughly once I get off of work today.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Monde Luna wrote:SP I did go into GameStop yesterday and they had it in their systems. I am such a L-nerd I am buying two limited editions, one to play and one to collect dust. (not that I should be spending that much money but hey it's Lunar) They had it set for release on 2/2/2010 (still unofficial I believe). Part of me wants to get a regular copy as well only to use the LE for the soundtrack but that would be a waste of money.

I also glanced through Game Informer and saw no mention of Lunar SSH but I'll look through it more thoroughly once I get off of work today.
That actually just gave me the idea of not canceling my regular edition from Gamestop. I would be able to play it earlier, and I would be able to keep the limited edition mint condition. Thanks for the idea, Monde Luna. ^_^

On another note, Gamefaqs also lists Lunar Silver Star Harmony for 2/2/2010.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

No problem Dark Fairy. =) Looking back at things it would have been nice to have an extra copy of SSSC and EBC in mint condition.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It seems as though February 2nd should be the actual release as multiple sites have that date. Dark Fairy, do you plan not to ever look at the bromide cards or listen to the soundtrack? In this case I wouldn't buy an LE just for show, but to enjoy it's contents. Of course if you buy two LE copies you can do that, but if you buy the regular and one LE you have to choose which to open.

If you already have the Japanese game and the soundtrack it doesn't really matter.

As for coverage in game magazines it depends on what they want to focus on. Sometimes you'll only see a date for an upcoming game, and little to no coverage. There may be a spread in another magazine, or it could show up after release as a review.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

It's not the official date, and I'd be surprised if it made that. I was specifically told there is no official date, and I'd bet more on late February, truth be told.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Silver Phoenix wrote:It seems as though February 2nd should be the actual release as multiple sites have that date. Dark Fairy, do you plan not to ever look at the bromide cards or listen to the soundtrack? In this case I wouldn't buy an LE just for show, but to enjoy it's contents. Of course if you buy two LE copies you can do that, but if you buy the regular and one LE you have to choose which to open.

If you already have the Japanese game and the soundtrack it doesn't really matter.

As for coverage in game magazines it depends on what they want to focus on. Sometimes you'll only see a date for an upcoming game, and little to no coverage. There may be a spread in another magazine, or it could show up after release as a review.
I plan on using the soundtrack and looking at the pretty cards. I meant keeping the game in good shape considering I'm bad at doing that sometimes. I would want everything in the package to stay mint. ^^;

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

In the case of sales it would be better for them to release it in February, because with big name games like Final Fantasy XIII on March 9th people are going to focus on that. Unless of course they only have a PSP.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Monde Luna wrote:No problem Dark Fairy. =) Looking back at things it would have been nice to have an extra copy of SSSC and EBC in mint condition.
Heh. Strangely enough, for all that I have a copy of every official release, none of them are mint. Maybe one of my EBCs; seems to me I ended up with three new copies of that somehow and although I played one and gave another to my sister I don't remember how much I got into the third. Possibly just enough to put the demo from VB in it.

I saw a sealed copy of the Japanese TSS on Yahoo Auctions Japan a while back and was almost tempted to get it just because it'd be neat to have the very first release be my only sealed copy. But I've owned at least four copies of that game at various times (I think I have no more than two now) and it seems silly to pay premium for a fifth when the whole thing with my collecting stuff is that I want to see it all.

So I may well do something unusual for me and only get the LE of this game, if there's no difference at all in the packaging and such of the actual game. For that reason, I encourage someone else to get both and let me know, since I doubt anyone I know IRL who would be getting this game would get the regular one. =) If there's any difference at all then I will get both, just as I have the Best versions of the Japanese PS games even though the only difference is some ugly yellow labelling.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Haha, obsess much? :mrgreen: I have a bad habit of going for long periods of time not buying things to collect that I want just for the sake of them being new or rare. Of course on impulse I buy something very expensive and then regret it even though I like what I bought.

I don't collect as much now as I did years back, but once in a while I make an expensive impulse purchase. You can buy new sealed copies of SSSC and EBC on Amazon for $200 or a little under depending on the seller, but if you already have them it really isn't necessary unless you plan to sell it to make a profit. Yeah, my Ghaleon punching puppet sits on top of my game/anime shelf unopened and I'm sure I'd want an unopened Alex to go with him. I'd also want the nice plush Nall, but they're very expensive and I never am able to find them before someone else does.

You can be just as big of a fan as someone who has everything, except you have less than what you'd probably want. I am a diehard Lunar fan, but I don't even have my Sega CD or the original Lunar games anymore since I gave them to a former best friend when I was younger. I have the memories of enjoyment and that was good enough for me. It's hard to replicate those feelings even playing the game again, because it was at that point in time where it had the biggest impact.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It gives me something to do, I guess. I actually started collecting Lunar stuff in earnest in about 2001, after I came into possession of two Nall plushes, both free, within a few months of each other. It seemed like if I had two ultra-rare (at the time) collectibles, I should have a collection for them to be part of.

I collect a few other series in a minor way, but Lunar's the only one I've really tried to be comprehensive. Though for a while I was hunting down every Zelda soundtrack, or every soundtrack with a Zelda bit on it, that I knew of. I still kind of do that, but didn't bother with things like the Famicom anniversary STs, because I already have the same music on other things. And I think right now Spirit Tracks is the only Zelda game I only have one version of, and Twilight Princess is the only other Zelda game I only have in English. I was actually kind of annoyed when the NA versions started coming out at the same time as or before the JP versions, because I didn't have any real reason to get the JP ones.