Xseed announces limited edition bundle

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Xseed announces limited edition bundle

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Are you interested in the Japanese Zelda Mangas or just the music?

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

I just got gamestop to switch my preorder to the limited edition ^_^

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

By the by, Kotaku now says you can't have too many versions of Lunar. S'truth.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You can never have too many "new" versions of Lunar would be better, aka Lunar 3.

It's a shame they used such a bad quality image to display in that article, as there are far better quality images they could have used.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Well, it is Kotaku, after all. Ick.
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I've never gone to that site unless I clicked on a link that took me there. Explain your disdain.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Thank you guys so much for this update. I just ordered my copy from amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031A ... oh_product

Now I'm off to Gamestop to cancel my reserve!! ^.^

Quark
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Quark »

Does Gamestop not receive any Limited Edition copies of the game even if you request one? I already put down $5 with them.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If they have the listing in their computer it means they're receiving them.

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Quark wrote:Does Gamestop not receive any Limited Edition copies of the game even if you request one? I already put down $5 with them.
There's a very good chance that you can, but I don't trust gamestop for my collectors/limited edition purchases. That is sad to say considering I was employed there for about 3 years. I would say order online unless you personally know one of the employees at that gamestop that you reserved your game. Sometimes it was okay for me because I knew the guy, and I knew he'd set the game aside for me. :3

PS. found the link for that:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=76785

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

What I don't like about Gamestop is that they sometimes try to keep things from you that you're supposed to receive with a pre-order. If there is a collectors edition of something and they have a keychain or something with any pre-order they only give them to people who pre-ordered the collectors edition.

Yet when I "pre-paid" for Soul Calibur IV:LE I was supposed to be given a keychain and they never got them in. They are not very reliable with giving out what they are supposed to. Again this could be based on the employees or the store itself.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Silver Phoenix wrote:What I don't like about Gamestop is that they sometimes try to keep things from you that you're supposed to receive with a pre-order. If there is a collectors edition of something and they have a keychain or something with any pre-order they only give them to people who pre-ordered the collectors edition.

Yet when I "pre-paid" for Soul Calibur IV:LE I was supposed to be given a keychain and they never got them in. They are not very reliable with giving out what they are supposed to. Again this could be based on the employees or the store itself.
My Gamestop was generally good about giving pre-order bonuses, but I've been a little weary of them ever since I didn't get my Castlevania Order of Ecclesia pre-order bonus. At first, it wasn't their fault they didn't get it in. A lot of Gamestops didn't get them. Then when they did get them, they lost mine. That wasn't really too surprising though considering the stacks of stuff they had lying everywhere. >_>

So, now I'm trying amazon for the LE of Lunar HSS. I still have my regular copy with Gamestop, but I'm not sure if I trust them for LE. That's why amazon is where I'm going for the LE. I started using amazon lately, and it seems to work for me.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Isn't ordering a LEB a little different from getting preorder bonuses though? You’re paying extra money for the bundle so I don't see how GameStop employees can raid anyone’s bromide cards or soundtrack.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

It is different, but I've had my copy of Dracula X Chronicles I pre-ordered put on their shelves and opened before, so I'd rather order the LE of SSH from Amazon. Nothing bad happened to my game that got put on the shelf, but still. What if they did that to my Lunar and had it sold? I'm sort of overprotective with my Lunar stuff and might harm the people who work there if they did that, lol. XD
Last edited by Dark_Fairy on Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I also pre-ordered Lunar: SSH on Amazon because if there is a problem they are more likely to make sure you get the complete package. Gamestop employees seem to not understand how pre-order bonuses work, because there usually seems to be a problem with making sure the customer gets what they're supposed to.

There was a huge issue with people not receiving their Juggernaut free character code when they pre-ordered Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, or they were sent a code for the wrong system. They just aren't reliable with bonuses.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I don't trust GameStop because they've forgotten to include the actual game with my purchase before. (Not the pre-order bonuses. The actual game. I paid for two empty boxes. [Don't worry, I got refunds.])

Given that, I definitely don't trust them to follow through on pre-order bonuses. The surprising thing is that they fall through on pre-order bonuses despite requiring you to put a down payment on the pre-order in the first place--if you're going to require that, at least follow through with the damn bonuses.

*ehem*
Anyway, really, stick with Amazon. They're a lot more reliable. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I refuse to take a copy of a "New" game that is open, and they put the disc inside the box. I've heard of other people who have bought a game and there was no disc inside. What the hell kind of business practice is that? They generally are overpriced compared to other stores, and yes it is ridiculous to pay to pre-order or pre-pay and not receive the bonuses.

Unfortunately they usually get exclusive content so you're stuck with buying from them on certain games. What were the two games you bought with no disc, Kiz?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Unfortunately they usually get exclusive content so you're stuck with buying from them on certain games. What were the two games you bought with no disc, Kiz?
Civ Revolutions and the fourth Ace Attorney game, for the DS. I got them right before a week-long trip to Las Vegas so I'd have something new to play on the flight and in down-time. So I didn't even have time to go back to the store until after the vacation. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm surprised they gave you a refund, and didn't try to say you kept the games but brought the boxes. Were they manufacturer wrapped before you opened them?

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Dark_Fairy wrote:My Gamestop was generally good about giving pre-order bonuses, but I've been a little weary of them ever since I didn't get my Castlevania Order of Ecclesia pre-order bonus.
This does happen all the time, but as mentioned previously the collector's edition bundle shouldn't have any separate goodies for the employees to take. However, back in 2004 I reserved the original collector's edition of world of warcraft. Despite my reserve, they sold my copy because the store just "didn't receive enough." I believed them at first, but now that I've worked there I can say that was -Dung Beetle-. I saw daily the employees lie to customers about what they had there, and they would set aside stuff for themselves or hang on to it and sell it to a friend. Amazon just seemed like a more reliable and easy purchase for SSH that's why I recommended it. :3