Updates on Voice Actors? (English)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Updates on Voice Actors? (English)

Post by Zalbag »

Was going to ask if there was anything eventually on the voice acting in English. I've been looking around and I am unsure. Perhaps I could find the answers I seek here.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: Updates on Voice Actors? (English)

Post by DevNall »

As far as I know, nothing has been announced yet. Sorry!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Have you read my response from XSEED thread? There should be an announcement about the game coming soon. As for VA's, we'll have to wait and see.

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

Not sure if any updates upon the voice actors but, this is a link to Lunarwiki I guess, anyways It says,

"Same Voice Actors were credited but it is not yet confirmed if they'll reuse the same clips. "
Lunar Wiki

But then again Wiki isn't anything official but they had to get a source somewhere, so just saying. :) I hope it's true I enjoy the original voice actors.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think they're referring to the Japanese voice actors so far actually. Notice how it says the game is still 62% complete, and has Fall 2009 release dates listed for both Japan and NA. I don't think it's been updated in months.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

XSEED isn't so giving with the details. Let's just hope for the best, because if we got something like Grandia U.S. it would be a travesty.

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

Well in hope, I just hope they keep it original. And yeah I kind of noticed the progress bar so like I was saying, wiki isn't always truthful. And in this case not nearly updated enough.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

GhaleonOne wrote:I think they're referring to the Japanese voice actors so far actually.
The voice in the Japanese version certainly sounds the same. Perhaps those jaded 2ch posters were right and nobody wants to hear 40-something Kyouko Hikami (Luna's actress) attempt a moe heroine voice at this point. :| I suppose I prefer to think that it was a cost-reducing move above all. It's kinda weird when you unlock the sound test, because before the addition of the prologue there was very little voice in the game outside of anime scenes.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Wiki's/Wikapedia is not to be taken as fact, because more often than not it is not factual. It doesn't help when you can have anyone add or change things. I never use it as a reference.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Blah, all this voice actor business is making me a nervous wreck. We're about a month from the release now (???) and there is still no news regarding the subject. I can't imagine new voice actors, but I know they can't possibly stick with the same people. Whew, I don't know how I'm going to handle all this lol.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Watch them get lazy and leave all the Japanese voices in and just add subtitles. :P

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Ugh, oh no. X_x
Still, I kind of think that would be better than pulling a whole new english cast. @_@
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

... Why is everyone so afraid of the cast? I know people have fond memories of the original game and the earlier remakes, but geez, it's not like the old cast consisted of gods who descended from the heavens to bestow upon us the most beautiful voices ever heard. Most of them were pretty mediocre, in fact.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

Lunar Eclipse wrote:the old cast consisted of gods who descended from the heavens to bestow upon us the most beautiful voices ever heard
I claim this as historical fact.
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Aqua, I'm going to slap some sense into you! Cower... in FEAR.. as I demonstrate my TRUE POWER!!!

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

The corniness is not lost on me, my friend :P
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Wiki's/Wikapedia is not to be taken as fact, because more often than not it is not factual. It doesn't help when you can have anyone add or change things. I never use it as a reference.
For the Lunar series it's inaccurate in several places. ...me and Alun never got around to cleaning up the place. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It doesn't matter, because as soon as you clean it up some idiot will come in and make a mess of it. If you want to do a serious Lunar history with facts it should link directly to Lunar-Net where no one can touch it aside from the Dragon Angels.... oh wait, they're dead.

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

Bad news.

Email I received from XSEED

Hello Marcus,

"We never release the list of voice-actors working on our titles, but I can tell you that none of the actors that worked on the PS One release returned to reprise their role for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony.

With that said, we are very happy with how the new voices turned out. We will be launching the website shortly, you will be able to see for yourself as we have posted voice samples on there exactly for passionate fans like you to listen and compare."

Seriously...no John Truitt...>.>.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

It may be strange hearing different voices to spout from the mouths of characters I have known since I was 11...but I'm fine with this and look forward to listening to the samples from their site. :)