Updates on Voice Actors? (English)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Updates on Voice Actors? (English)

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I am greatly saddened by this, I loved those voices
Well the new VA's have a lot to live up too, they better be great. Hopefully it wont be a familiar voice that we've herd hundreds of times before

8 hours after posting this...I just realized that, that means a new VA for Nall, i don't know about the rest of you (and your all probably more upset about John Truitt which is a great loss) but I love Nall's cute little voice, it better be pretty darn close or i just don't know what I'm going to do with myself
Last edited by Kaiya-Sky on Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Its likely to be useless thinking, but I'm hoping it'll be "whoopsie, all new save John Truitt.." I didn't care about anyone else..but Ghaleon..:(

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!!!! ;0;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

In the (admittedly limited) examples I've been able to find, Xseed's casting and ADR choices seem decent. Looking forward to more info on this.
「まあいいけど。」

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

It'll be interesting to say the least to hear the new voice actors for each of the characters. I wonder what the opening theme song and Wind's Nocturne will now sound like with a new female vocalist...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I can live without the others voices, but no John Truitt?! D:

*sigh*...Well, whoever they get for Ghaleon better fit.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

And you're surprised by this? I said before it's most likely a whole new cast, and it is. Before you all commit mass suicide perhaps you should go and re-listen to most of the cast from the first two games. I'm sorry, but none of them were that great. Hiro's VA sucked goat balls, and even John Truitt sounded much better in EB than he did in TSS.

It's a clean slate now, and hopefully we'll all be pleasantly surprised with some good talent.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Hiro's VA sucked goat balls
Which of his voice actors? He had different ones in the original and remake.

In the original, his voice actor sounds several years younger than his character looks. Maybe what you meant to say there was "Hiro's VA sounded like his balls hadn't dropped yet?"
Silver Phoenix wrote:John Truitt sounded much better in EB than he did in TSS.
His character was just way more badass in EB than TSS. Although, with the new crowd the game's release may bring in, we may want to be careful what we say about EB.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

DevNall wrote:"Hiro's VA sounded like his balls hadn't dropped yet"
Sega CD Hiro. Yep.
DevNall wrote:Although, with the new crowd the game's release may bring in, we may want to be careful what we say about EB.
Something strange and wonderful about the phrase 'EB spoiler'. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well, I did say John Truitt and not a character name. Not everyone will realize who he is if they're new.

Yes, I was referring to Hiro's VA in the original Eternal Blue. It's not that his balls hadn't dropped, it's like he talked as though he was in a permanent state of surprise when he spoke. It just wasn't right. I'll have to go and check out the VA in EBC (since it's been a long time), followed by XYZ AC/DC LMNOP.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I've shown EB to several people who've played only EBC, and they've commented that Hiro sounds a little feminine. In her LP, LuccaRPG says he sounds like he has a lisp.

To me, he sounds like a young boy entering puberty, and obviously his character is older than that.

But, hey, maybe people on Lunar are late bloomers.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Actually, it's the audio recording that makes certain characters sound like they have a lisp. Original EB Hiro just sucks performance wise, and Lucia wasn't much better. Let me speak to you in monotone while delivering emotional lines. Granted, not every bit of speech was horrible but it was more often than not.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I told you all last year that Truitt would not be returning, and I was scoffed at. See, the person you perceive to be the annoying complainer is sometimes right.

Well, all we can hope for now is that they hire some decently talented voice actors who can fill the roles. I'm hoping for either Johnny Yong Bosch or Kirby Morrow for the voice of Alex, myself.
I think David Kaye or Paul Robson would be excellent for Ghaleon.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zalbag »

I hate to say it, but I doubt in light of all of this I won't be purchasing it, I want to remember Lunar the way I enjoyed it and just play my PSX versions till PSN sells it on the PS3 system. But With all my love, Lunar is a wonderful world, I just am sad it came to this.

Don't let it effect your Judgement, I let it do it to me, in which I can't do it. I just hoping Ghaelon's John would be just in it, like someone else said, could have lived without anyone elses.

Now I am going to go on a Journey to Find Mr. Truitt and interview him xD
:(
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

You are an incredibly shallow person.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

LunarRaptor wrote: I'm hoping for either Johnny Yong Bosch or Kirby Morrow for the voice of Alex, myself.
I Love Johnny Yong Bosch's voice but im really hoping hes not Alex, every time i herd his voice it would make me think of Tales of the Abyss.
Well im just hoping for some one who sounds close to the originals, i can't think of anyone who i would like to hear in lunar

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Yes, let's keep going with the JYB OD. :mrgreen: There are indications that he's had roles in other Xseed games, why not this one too?
LunarRaptor wrote:I told you all last year that Truitt would not be returning, and I was scoffed at. See, the person you perceive to be the annoying complainer is sometimes right.
There, there, it'll be all right. I believed you...wait, did I really believe you if we just happened to have the same expectation? Guess not. Never mind that second part... it's still going to be all right, though.
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Ghaleon will be voiced by an extremely gassy anus, just because without John Truitt this is how you perceive any replacement.

Guess what, this is the definitive version of the remakes and it won't offer a truly "new" experience with all of the old voices. Working Designs no longer exists, it's 2010, and Lunar needs new breath.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I'm with Silver Pheonix here. Lunar is getting perhaps it's one last chance to be brought back. Make it worthwhile.

Seriously. Don't get all up in arms just because one voice over isn't returning. There's a whole bunch of actors will would be excellent for the role of Ghaleon. They just need to be given a chance. Lunar fans, don't skip out on this game just because of one casting choice. That's just further damning the series. We've got to create awareness of Lunar so that it doesn't just die all over again.

You all claim you want the have what happened on the Blue Planet explained or at least have a really good Lunar 3. Well, here's your chance to prove the series has enough interest for you to get L3 and/or to have the plot filled in. If you pass this up, chances are this is the last chance for Lunar, and those PS1 disks are going to wear out sooner or later. Then where will you be in terms of being able to get new copies? Sure, there are emulators, but not everyone can emulate and not everyone wants to. Besides, this is bringing Lunar to a new generation of gamers. Rejoice!

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Right you are, sir. I am 100% on board with enjoying Lunar on PSP. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」