This Game Can Kiss My Ass.

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: This Game Can Kiss My Ass.

Post by Monde Luna »

ShindoW you should be able to get TSS for about $20 on e-bay. It's SSC that costs a pretty penny.

And Shiva Indis you are absolutely right TSS is the most awesomer game in the series. I would give that thread some tlc as well.

-awesomer is a running joke between me and a few of my friends. I felt the need to share it w/ you all.-

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

One question about the Grindery. I don't remember if it actually ends up by Meribia in SSSC, but I assume it does. For whatever reason I was watching a Let's Play and the Grindery stopped by the Goddess Tower and seemed to stay there. It would throw off the whole concept of Taben's Peak had it not moved, so I'm sure they just didn't show that part.

I like certain aspects of the Grindery in SSSC, but the music was just so much better in TSS.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Silver Pheonix, I know between SSSC and EBC that the map is inconsistent.

For the record, I own TSS, SSSC, EB, and EBC, all US versions. I am just missing the Saturn ones and the Magic/Walking School games. I had Legend for awhile, Ive been delaying getting a complete one. I have DS as well, but God... I just cant play it.

I am looking forward to trying the Saturn versions, I just want EB w/cards. XD

As far as SSS on Saturn, which case do I need to keep an eye out for (there is the regular vers, the best release vers, and some vers where you need a movie card? I want to make sure I get the right one.)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Trust me, we're well aware of the inconsistencies concerning placement on the maps in EB. I was only referencing the Grindery itself, because if it wasn't left near Meribia then the remakes would have another flaw in reference. In the Sega CD games it's obvious that it's the Grindery and follows perfectly from the first game because of the correct placement.

As for the Saturn SSSC, you're referring to the MPEG version which has the best cutscene quality and full screen.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There are just (heh) two Saturn versions -- the first release and the MPEG one. The former has blue-toned art on it. The latter has art with a white background on it, and is the only Japanese Lunar game to have "complete" in the title. Which one you want depends entirely on whether you have or can get the card required to play the MPEG game. Well, more accurately it depends on whether you plan to play the game at all. The MPEG version comes with trading cards (of the original ten bromides from the first Saturn release) and seems to be basically identical to the PS version in the very very little I've played of it. I know it has all of the bromides that the PS game does and that the Ocarina can be used as a music player (it can't be in the first Saturn release), but never got around to playing far enough to check for the Rememberizer.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

The Grindary's Location
Originally the Grindery ran on steam power and was very steam-punk. Hence why entire cities were put into slavery to mine the iron and coal to power it. The Grindary stops outside of The Goddess Tower when it guns Vane out of the sky, later, the Grindary places itself outside of Meribia and begins to drain the nearby ocean/sea/lake to power it's steam engines. That is why it is located between Meribia and Vane in EB.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Actually, it'd be pretty cool if the Grindery turned out to be a semi-autonomous intelligence, bestowed upon it by harnessing the dragon power in the first place. That way, it would perhaps decide that the forest would be a better place to settle... or go wandering the world in search of adventure.

I see a potential sidestory game. Lunar: Grindery Gambols!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:Actually, it'd be pretty cool if the Grindery turned out to be a semi-autonomous intelligence, bestowed upon it by harnessing the dragon power in the first place. That way, it would perhaps decide that the forest would be a better place to settle... or go wandering the world in search of adventure.

I see a potential sidestory game. Lunar: Grindery Gambols!
This is the greatest Lunar Game idea ever Svet-Kun.

We'll have SilentApprovalRobot do all the voice acting for The Grindery.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

We'll have SilentApprovalRobot do all the voice acting for The Grindery.
...but that will lead to people complaining that it's not as good as Working Design's autonomous version.

SilentApprovalRobot
Reza Thief

Post by SilentApprovalRobot »

Jenner wrote:We'll have SilentApprovalRobot do all the voice acting for The Grindery.