Lunar Harmony of Silver Star - Four Heroes scenario (video)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Lunar Harmony of Silver Star - Four Heroes scenario (video)

Post by GhaleonOne »

You know, it really feels like they're setting up an actual Four Heroes game with this. Why write all this backstory for a 30 minute prolouge if that's all they're going to do with it. They mention stuff like the woman Mel is with, Remilia was it? And Aiferun says something about "How are you still alive", alluding to some near-death battle or something. Plus, the mention of Myght building something that apparently went underwater. It'd also be nice to find out more about the Leviathan. I still hold to some belief that it might be the Mystic Ruins perhaps.

Anyways, just my ramblings on it. And that final form after the demi-gods hyjack Aiferun's body really does remind me of Zophar's final battle. Just... a lot easier. :)
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Relina, not Remilia. Remilia = Lemia.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Dang it, I knew that subconsciously as I was typing it, but was in a rush. Still, it feels like there's an entire backstory for this waiting to be made. Even if the ending is already given away. :P
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I was thinking that too, that it seems a setup for a possible prequel. Would make it all the more disappointing that the magic is copied directly from that of the regular party, though.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I don't think that this "prequel" was the end of Dyne, Ghaleon, Lemia, and Mel's adventure. I think it actually leaves open a newer less epic ending.

spoiler
I'm getting this feeling because I didn't see Dyne lose his powers. So, it doesn't make sense in my mind.

To me the prequel was just what it was, a story about one of the many adventures of Dyne & Co.

I want to get to the meat and potatoes of Dyne dying and becoming Laike.
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Spoilers for the prologue

Eh, it's pretty clear that it's their final adventure before Althena leaves them, so it's not just a random one amongst many. They suggest at the end that Althena has to be reborn and cycle back through the Goddess Tower to restore the balance of magic. Lemia even mentions that they have to hurry so that Vane can stay airborn. We can assume that they go to the Tower pretty much straight away, resulting in the FMV flashback scene with which we're all already familiar.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I definitely would not be opposed to Lunar: Discord of Black Star. :-P How did Dyne and Ghaleon meet? What was Mel like as a pirate? Where does Lemia come into the picture? There's a whole huge story waiting to be told, I don't care that I know the ending.

So long as no medichlorians are involved I'm A-OK with a prequel. XD

Oh, and G1, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those are most definitely the Mystic Ruins. Perhaps 1000 years after Silver Star, the water levels receded a bit, putting it above water?
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

"Most definitely" is quite a limb. Do you have any logic or evidence to back that assertion up that doesn't depend on the graphics of a game which redesigned many places?

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Nope. I'm the gamblin' type. XD

And if I'm wrong, I'll definitely be embarassed, but I'll get over it. :-P
-Nobi

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

After reading what you said I just realized your avatar is Ronfar...I always thought he was a random dude from some anime.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Aaron wrote:After reading what you said I just realized your avatar is Ronfar...I always thought he was a random dude from some anime.
Yeah, I think it's from the back cover of the manga edition if I recall correctly, I haven't looked at it in a while. :-P But I think that's why I like Ronfar, I like to take chances.

But I never bet money, 'cause sadly I usually lose. XD
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Let me just say, the prologue is epic, but I was seriously disappointed that the magic/skills was just copied from Alex and gang. :(

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

White text on light background time!

I didn't assume that this story would immediately preceed Althena's reincarnation as Luna... but the dire circumstances being described would mesh well with the mystery hiccup in the process that forced Dyne to give up his powers. On the other hand, I can't figure out how Althena would hold the world together and fend off the Black Star by forsaking her divinity.

I am very interested by how Ghaleon is sort of under a prophesy of betrayal now. That's what Aiferun's last line is supposed to be about. The video could have done a better job translating that, but the fact that it's incomplete makes it tricky. I wonder if it'd be possible to interpret Ghaleon as an Oedipus figure? (Not at all related to the concept of the oedipus complex, which is kind of a misnomer anyway. I mean a character who fulfills a prophecy by trying to avoid fulfilling that prophecy.) Probably a stretch at best, but it might be fun to try.
「まあいいけど。」

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Shiva Indis wrote:White text on light background time!

I didn't assume that this story would immediately preceed Althena's reincarnation as Luna... but the dire circumstances being described would mesh well with the mystery hiccup in the process that forced Dyne to give up his powers. On the other hand, I can't figure out how Althena would hold the world together and fend off the Black Star by forsaking her divinity.

I am very interested by how Ghaleon is sort of under a prophesy of betrayal now. That's what Aiferun's last line is supposed to be about. The video could have done a better job translating that, but the fact that it's incomplete makes it tricky. I wonder if it'd be possible to interpret Ghaleon as an Oedipus figure? (Not at all related to the concept of the oedipus complex, which is kind of a misnomer anyway. I mean a character who fulfills a prophecy by trying to avoid fulfilling that prophecy.) Probably a stretch at best, but it might be fun to try.
spoiler
I assumed that the prequel story would include the reasoning why Althena and Dyne chose to do what they did. I wish I knew more about the Black Star. I got the impression that Althena wasn't returning to her tower to give up her divinity but more to protect Lunar. Which brings to mind the Blue Star. Does Harmony give any new lore on this? Nodoby is really talking about it. Or do they merely stick to the old script?

Another thing that dissapoints me is that there was audio dialogue in the prologue. This to means to me that there are either going to be new voice actors or the US version just wont have any voice overs in the prologue...

I'm also not so sure Ghaleon is really just following in Aiferons footsteps. The addition of this character makes it hard to argue who is more evil. I don't really understand why Ghaleon would decide that he should be a god when earlier in his life he had fought to stop someone from doing that. It's needlessly confusing and dramatic.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, then, your assumption was wrong. And while no one's commented on it yet, it wouldn't make sense for that reasoning to be in the prologue when the new player doesn't yet know what happened. The general populace of Lunar thinks Dyne's dead and Althena's in her tower, remember?

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I find it interesting that Althena doesn't seem to understand or foresee these things yet, in the EB Epilogue, there's a letter written from to Hiro.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Aaron wrote:I assumed that the prequel story would include the reasoning why Althena and Dyne chose to do what they did. I wish I knew more about the Black Star. I got the impression that Althena wasn't returning to her tower to give up her divinity but more to protect Lunar. Which brings to mind the Blue Star. Does Harmony give any new lore on this? Nodoby is really talking about it. Or do they merely stick to the old script?
I'm not far enough in the game to be certain, but I'd say expect more new questions than answers.
Aaron wrote:I'm also not so sure Ghaleon is really just following in Aiferons footsteps. The addition of this character makes it hard to argue who is more evil. I don't really understand why Ghaleon would decide that he should be a god when earlier in his life he had fought to stop someone from doing that. It's needlessly confusing and dramatic.
Who's more evil? That's easy, Aiferun is more evil. Ghaleon is a Well-Intentioned Extremist (since SSS, anyway).
「まあいいけど。」

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

The blend of politics and fictitious characters in that article is pretty cool. I like to do that kind of armchair analysis. Reading it made me wonder what the political affiliations the major lunar characters would hold.

An analysis of Ghaleon would be interesting.

He loves fairies
Thinks the masses are stupid
Thinks he's smart
Thinks the ends justifies the means
Well intentioned

can't think of any more right now...what else?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:The general populace of Lunar thinks Dyne's dead and Althena's in her tower, remember?
Unless they can put two and two together when Luna just sings the same song that Althena sang in the prolouge. I really wish they changed that.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."