News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

Post by Alunissage »

Just so you know, there is an optional scene in that location in SSS, also, but Ghaleon just listens rather than participating. This is how it goes in SSSC, so you can compare:

Luna: Something about this situation is familiar...isn't it?
Luna: I always get such a strange feeling when we practice our songs, Alex. It's as if we're not learning the songs, but...reawakening out memories of them.
Luna: You've become an amazing man since we started this journey, Alex.
Luna [sad]: No, I'm wrong... You've been a man for a long time...it just took this journey to open my eyes to you.
Luna: We've already had so many adventures, Alex... And we have so many more yet ahead of us. I know not all of them will be joyful.
Luna: But whatever we encounter, I know we'll face the future together. Won't we, Alex?
Alex: Of course, Luna... Is something wrong? You seem sad, somehow.
Luna [sad] N...no. Nothing... [normal] Let's go and see Quark. I know he'll be happy to see you!

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

I think i may have stumbled upon that one... hmm
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Just so you know, there is an optional scene in that location in SSS, also, but Ghaleon just listens rather than participating. This is how it goes in SSSC, so you can compare:

Luna: Something about this situation is familiar...isn't it?
Luna: I always get such a strange feeling when we practice our songs, Alex. It's as if we're not learning the songs, but...reawakening out memories of them.
Luna: You've become an amazing man since we started this journey, Alex.
Luna [sad]: No, I'm wrong... You've been a man for a long time...it just took this journey to open my eyes to you.
Luna: We've already had so many adventures, Alex... And we have so many more yet ahead of us. I know not all of them will be joyful.
Luna: But whatever we encounter, I know we'll face the future together. Won't we, Alex?
Alex: Of course, Luna... Is something wrong? You seem sad, somehow.
Luna [sad] N...no. Nothing... [normal] Let's go and see Quark. I know he'll be happy to see you!
Ah I never knew that. This is probably just an extension of that scene then.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Can anyone who can read the manual tell me what, if anything, it says about the Arts Gauge filling? I don't quite seem to have it figured out.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Alunissage wrote:Can anyone who can read the manual tell me what, if anything, it says about the Arts Gauge filling? I don't quite seem to have it figured out.
I don't know enough Kanji to read the manual sadly, but from my experience with the game so far, do something other than Defend or Run, and it slowly fills up.

Attack an enemy? Fills up a bit
Cure a character? Fills up a bit

Though I've noticed that as I level, it takes longer to fill the gauge. I think. Could just be my imagination.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, that's what I've noticed too (including it taking longer as one levels). But it doesn't seem to be just that; it seemed to me that there was a connection between being attacked and having it fill. And I noticed in the prologue that when one character attacked it didn't fill but when the same character did an attack spell it did. So I wonder if there's more to it.

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

have you tried the faq at gamefaqs.com? it has some nifty explanations about the battle system as well as shops, magic, etc.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

[Prologue spoiling rambles]

You know, it was kind of interesting that even while TSS' reality has been completely written out of the Lunar series at this point, the nature of the prologue in this new version actually gives a nod to the original scenario in a way that never was much mentioned (to my memory) in SSS. I recall TSS mentioning that the crisis that the Four Heroes originally faced was the rise of an evil god or demigod (in my fancifal imagination, it was someone invoking Zophar, since I played EB before I played TSS), whereas in SSS I feel that for all the backstory expansion with Dyne and Ghaleon and Althena, they actually never describe the Four Heroes' crowning moment outside of it having been a 'crisis.' Here with Aiferun, they seem to have brought the demigod bit from TSS back. Granted, the rest of the prologue's dialogue now causes SSS (err, HOS) to jump the gun and hog EB's themes even more, but alas...
aka Maou

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Why thank you! :-) I'm only up to 161 Kanji that I know 100%, but there are about 50 or so more I can recognize when I see it in a sentence.
Know 100%? :shock: I only hope can write 161 kanji anymore... Skill atrophy is a terrible thing. :cry:
Nobiyuki77 wrote:Ghaleon comments on the power of that song, and thinks "No, I'm not the same as you, Aiferun."
Keep telling yourself that, buddy.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm just kind of amazed that it's possible to recognize kanji clearly on that little screen. I spent some fruitless time trying to find the kanji at the beginning of a weapon name to put it in my notes and just couldn't make it out well enough to search for it by radical. Fortunately, I should be getting the guide today, which will hopefully have larger print. Sigh. I really need to study this language someday.

I have some spoilerish comments on the prologue myself but am really really late for work already. They're more about the mechanics than the content. But to be brief, yes, Temzin, I noted that nod to previous backstory as well. And had had the same retcon notions as you even though I played the games in the opposite order.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Dunno if this is this is the right thread to ask, but...

Do the character's weapons in battle reflect what they have equipped? I always love that in games.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I haven't played the game, but it seemed that they did based on the screenshots I've seen.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

fates wrote:Dunno if this is this is the right thread to ask, but...

Do the character's weapons in battle reflect what they have equipped? I always love that in games.
Yep, they do. You could also see this in the demo (I mentioned it in my Let's Play videos after the demo was released). Slings, daggers, swords, darts, etc., all get different animations as well. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

All you Kyle fans are gonna be disappointed...

I got to the bath house and watched the cinema. They digitally added a towel to Kyle. It looks horrible. I swear if they add a towel to Mia's cinema there'll be HELL to pay!!
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That was already mentioned somewhere around here. And re your other comment, oh the horrors! A modicum of male entitlement might be thwarted! That might utterly ruin the titillation of spying on a teenager at her private ablutions! :roll:

It won't, though, because that cinema wasn't changed. But what an idiotic thing to say.

As for the first bit of your comment, it makes perfect sense in terms of consistency with the rest of the scene.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I guess my attempt at sarcasm didn't come off that well. It was moreso meant as just my way of expressing how weird it is to censor something like that after all these years ya know?
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It is a bit weird, albeit perfectly in line with the usual double standard. The picture itself makes more sense this way, though.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I just felt that before, when Kyle was towelless, it was more fair ya know? Guys get their Mia/Jessica fan service, and girls got their Kyle/Nash fix.

Well, nothing to do. On to Lyton with me.
-Nobi

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

You know what Japan has now that it didn't when SSS was last released? A rating board. :|

The Lunar 2 remake thought about the ladies at least a little - too bad they didn't apply the knowledge that there's a female fanbase to this game.

Of course, you might argue that the Lunar 2 remake lost sight of the bromide concept as established in SSS (there's nothing remotely titilating about Nall's bromide, for instance,) or that the current art style wouldn't match the existing ones.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm nowhere near this point in the game (still fighting Dross's cute lizard with both a spike collar and a ribbon bow around its neck), but according to the guide the cinema with just Nash admiring himself is unchanged. Go fig.

I'm happy with the concept of bromide as shown in Lunar 2, just little bonus art bits that needn't be so blatantly fanservicey.

Of course, nothing quite compares with the NA release of Legend turning Dark Althena's thigh-highs into pants in the oft-shown still of her raising the Fortress, while not changing her sprite to reflect this.