News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

Post by Shiva Indis »

The official site and news outlets made announcements about the planetarium drawing - the prizes are supposed to be handed out by Alex's voice actor (Akira Ishida, probably the biggest name out of the Japanese cast) at an invitation-only event on Jan. 10. ( http://www.gunghoworks.jp/game/lunar/event/ )

Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star has climbed the Amazon.co.jp ranking to 64th of all games. Way to buy, Japan!

Finally, Game Watch ran a Four Heroes article with a few more details. (http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/ne ... 26267.html) No new media, though I think some of the art is clearer here. I've translated part of it below.

Dyne. 24. He is the Dragonmaster, guardian of the Goddess Althena, who commands the Four Dragons. A warrior skilled in both swordplay and magic, the most powerful human in the world. He possesses a broad heart and an iron will, is passionately empathetic with a kind smile. No matter how difficult the situation, he never gives in and always wears a smile. He will rescue a sopping wet puppy that has fallen into a river even when he must rush into battle, to the constant confusion of Ghaleon, who acts as strategist. Likes pranks and annoys everyone around him with bad puns. Has a close relationship with the Goddess Althena that goes beyond master-servant, approaching romantic feelings. But he is easily embarrassed and does not take it any further. For his age, he has the face of a middle-aged man.

Ghaleon. 25 (roughly). Belongs to a long-lived race, and thus is many times older than his apparent age. He is calm and collected, wise and far-sighted. As a realist, he seems cruel at times. Previously he only observed human affairs as a bystander, but thanks to meeting Dyne he discovers human potential and gets involved. Dyne exceeds his expectations, and he is puzzled by the way he gets dragged into Dyne's misadventures, often ending up in unfavorable roles. He lectures Dyne about this each time, but deep down he enjoys it. No matter how sticky the situation he is always cool and never over-reacts. He may seem emotionless on the exterior but he actually has quite a passionate heart. The foremost beautiful man of the Lunar world.

Mel. 27. A Beast-man. A muscle-bound strong man who was originally a pirate chieftain. A man of the sea with a strong sense of chivalry. His impolitic side stands out where his behavior is concerned. His personality is well described as frank, uncomplicated, and free-spirited, but he has a talent for seeing straight to the heart of the matter at hand. There is no man more dependable to his allies and he is a veritable demon on the battlefield, but he has a soft spot for women and children which makes him maudlin. Is romantically involved with a nobleman's daughter named Relina, whom he rescued by chance; she already has him wrapped around her finger. He and the refined Lemia like to argue with each other, though they actually are on good terms.

Lemia. 19. Leader of the Magic Guild, which governs magic in Lunar, and a magical prodigy, as her responsibility requires. A world-class refined lady, she normally is somewhat cool and aloof. Her views are frequently at odds with the unrestrained Mel and they often argue. She is also critical of Dyne and his habit of acting on hunches. However, she is actually grateful to them both for teaching her things she couldn't learn in her sheltered upbringing, and important things that she hadn't realized, though she doesn't show it very often. Ms. Hot-cold Personality.

Althena. 21 (roughly). The goddess that rules Lunar, she reincarnates over and over with an uninterrupted memory and heart. For over a millennium she has been at the center of the world; a true living deity, possessing both an impression of motherly gentleness and dignified strength. She has watched humanity for many years and has faith in their potential. She loves and trusts humans, even in their foolishness. Loves the human culture of song, and sings songs herself; her songs comfort the people and spread hope. Has fondness for Dyne not as a goddess but as a woman, though her position prevents her from acting on it.

Aiferun. 24 (roughly). Human. Due to his mask his age is unknown, but seems to be about the same age as Dyne. Journeyed around Lunar with Dyne, Althena, and the others at one point; at that time he did not wear a mask and he behaved as an ordinary human. He put on the mask after parting ways with them. He disagreed with Althena, Dyne, and the others about the state of the world and the divine presence in it, and they became enemies as a result. After a number of fierce battles he captures the Goddess Althena. He has built a mechanical fortress on the bottom of the ocean and intends to become a god himself. Due to some sort of deep-seated complex or compulsion, he thirsts for power that exceeds human boundaries. In reality, he is a very weak, human-like person.

Five Princes of the Black Star. Gods summoned by Aiferun. Their outward appearances have a mask-like form. They hijack Aiferun's body in a plot to destroy the world.

What's all this empty space, did I miss something? :P
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

Post by Alunissage »

Wow, that's quite a lot of characterization. Makes you wonder how big this addition to the game is going to be. :shock:

And at last a name for one hitherto nameless character. Who hopefully will make an appearance.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I posted this as news on the site with credit to you Shiva. If you're not okay with that, let me know, but figured this was enough stuff to warrant updating fans. :)
-G1

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Spoiler
The foremost beautiful man of the Lunar world.

LOLOLOL

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Why is that funny?

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yeah, where the hell did that come from? It's rather an odd description for Ghaleon and there is nothing being spoiled by a description. Alun, are you referring to Relina?

It would suck to mention names and not have an appearance. If they pull their heads out of their asses and finally make Lunar 3 I really hope it's not the full Four Heroes story. That should be a prequel like Lunar 0, and then Lunar 3 takes place after Eternal Blue.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Wow! Thanks for that, Shiva!

I'd really like to roll this into another website update, similar to the last few, if that's ok with you? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Aaron wrote:Spoiler
The foremost beautiful man of the Lunar world.

LOLOLOL
Glad you mentioned that, actually. :mrgreen: Several of the descriptions have these Japanese character keywords which I found amusing. Like Dyne's ojisan-gao (uncle-face). Ghaleon's is bikei, and I did get a kick out of being a little over-literal with that bit. It reminds me of the little comic at the back of the 2nd SSS novel, except that Ghaleon is called binan there, and that's really literally 'beautiful man'. Anyway, Lemia has ojousama and tsundere; it seems strange to use a trendy word like tsundere to describe anything in Lunar. If Mel has one I guess it's Man of the Sea, which is awesomeness that speaks for itself.
Kizyr wrote:I'd really like to roll this into another website update, similar to the last few, if that's ok with you? KF
Did G1 beat you to that, or do you have something else in mind?
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Shiva Indis wrote:
Kizyr wrote:I'd really like to roll this into another website update, similar to the last few, if that's ok with you? KF
Did G1 beat you to that, or do you have something else in mind?
I meant something integrated in the actual site itself, like the website/magazine updates I've been doing.

I'd have to stick your name in all-caps or something, though, so that no one thinks I'm the one who translated it this time. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, so if you haven't checked the frontpage/news yet, Shiva's update has been posted. I also translated some of the extra text with more details about the Four Heroes scenario here.

The actual update is here:
http://www.lunar-net.com/ssh/websites-gamewatch-hss.php

The specific added part is below. Spoilers of course:
Long before Alex and his friends set off on their journey, on the magical world of Lunar, at the bottom of the open sea, in the Underwater Fortress Leviathan...

In the throne room, surrounded by walls of machinery, stood Aiferun, a man in a grotesque mask, and the Goddess Althena, imprisoned in a magical furnace, in a ring of light. It matters not that Aiferun is a human; he means to replace Althena as a god and to destroy all of humanity himself.

Aiferun: Do you really think anyone can come close to the Underwater Fortress Leviathan? Well, then I'll just destroy the world first!
Althena: No, you will not destroy the world. That is certain.
Aiferun: Hmph... Then I'll just extinguish that belief with magic fire!

Holding fast to her belief in humanity's latent strength and potential, Althena was sealed within the magic furnace. Aiferun the summoned the Five Princes of the Black Star, intent on destroying the world, as he turned up the fires of the magic furnace... And then:

Dyne: Not so fast, Aiferun!

Dyne, Ghaleon, Mel, and Lemia, the Four Heroes who protect Althena, burst into the throne room.

Aiferun: You dare get in my way again, Dragonmaster?
Dyne: Yes, whenever you choose the wrong path, no matter how many times...

Aiferun, with the power of the Five Princes of the Black Star, attacked the Four Heroes. After the battle, once Dyne tried to approach the defeated Aiferun, sheer power shot forth from the Five Princes.

Five Princes: In the end, you're nothing more than an empty human vessel, too weak to handle Althena's power. Perhaps the vessel we give you will be enough?
Aiferun: Wh... what? No, wait! Stop!

Thus Aiferun was absorbed into the Five Princes of the Black Star. And the form that appeared before the Four Heroes was...!?
KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've run into one small (though not big impacting) new scene in the game. The scene is when you first go to the Magic Guild to meet Ghaleon.

After Alex finally meets Ghaleon, he tells them he has a task for them, but this time asks them to spend the night. Alex and Nall walk around for a bit when they here Ghaleon playing the melody again on his long guitar thing. Luna is there again, listening to the melody, and they talk for a little bit. Alex then joins them, a little more dialogue goes by and the scene ends. After this, they're back in Ghaleon's office where he bids them a Good Morning, and then tells them about the fake Dragonmaster in Lann (i.e. back to normal stuff)
Last edited by Nobiyuki77 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Nobi

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I'm pretty sure that was in SSSC. I don't remember the scene there, but I do remember Luna walking in on Ghaleon playing his guitar?

dairugger
Lyton Singer

Post by dairugger »

Luna did walk in on Ghaleon, but the rest is new.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I did notice one small change in one of the FMVs, specifically in one of the bath scenes...
Kyle has a towel now :lol:
dairugger wrote:Luna did walk in on Ghaleon, but the rest is new.
That sounds disturbing!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It's a lute, or possibly a mandolin, but NOT a guitar. :roll:

Am I the only one who spent two and a half hours just on the prologue?

On another note, in posts with spoiler text, please make sure to do as DevNall just did and note WHERE in the game your comment applies to, so people who haven't played up to that point can decide whether or not they want to read it before getting there themselves.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

I'd also like to suggest that an actual spoiler bbcode tag might be useful.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Sorry about that Alun. I've edited my post accordingly.
-Nobi

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I've run into yet another small (though not big impacting) new scene in the game. The scene is when you return to Vane from Lann, before meeting with Lemia.

After reporting to Ghaleon, Nash tells you he's going to get ready for your audiance with Lemia, and warns you NOT to go to Mia's room. However when you go to the main door to meet Lemia, you can't open the door. So there's nothing else to do BUT go to Mia's room, where Alex, Luna, Nall, and Mia have some tea and discuss their adventures, while Mia expresses her concern about the changes in Vane and her mother recently. Luna offers her some advice and Nash barges into the room insisting that they're hard of hearing and does everything short of dragging them out, while Mia insists that they are her guests and not an intrusion at all. Cut to the Lemia scene and back to normal story.
-Nobi

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Nobi, your Japanese seems to have improved markedly from way back when you were posting on the Japanese Language thread.

...I don't mean to come off as patronizing; I just wanted to mention that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:Nobi, your Japanese seems to have improved markedly from way back when you were posting on the Japanese Language thread.

...I don't mean to come off as patronizing; I just wanted to mention that. KF
Why thank you! :-) I'm only up to 161 Kanji that I know 100%, but there are about 50 or so more I can recognize when I see it in a sentence.

And a NEW SCENE. I highly recommend you do the following when you get here, as unlike the others new scenes I've posted, this one is OPTIONAL and can easily be missed. Do this when you get Ghaleon in your party, before seeing Quark (Fidy).

Go to Burg and talk to your parents with Ghaleon in your party. When you leave, Luna will ask if you can go to the Spring where you always perform, and Ghaleon says he doesn't mind at all. Go to the spring and this will trigger a scene where Luna performs her song for Ghaleon. He remembers the song, and there's a flashback of the prologue. Ghaleon stops for a bit and Alex and Luna leave. Ghaleon comments on the power of that song, and thinks "No, I'm not the same as you, Aiferun."
-Nobi