jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: News Which Includes but is Not Limited to Spoilers

Post by Aaron »

Do the citizens of Burg get kidnapped?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

...The question doesn't need to be in spoiler tags, unless you're worried about spoiling a detail of TSS for someone. It's the answer that needs to have the tags. Also, using spoiler tags without mentioning what it is that you're potentially spoiling is not helpful.

That said, given how similar this game is to SSSC, it's probably a safe assumption that everything that is in SSSC is in HSS unless someone mentions otherwise. People will be posting things which ARE different, so it's really not necessary to keep asking whether this or that feature is the same.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Kizyr wrote:
fates wrote:Dunno if this is this is the right thread to ask, but...

Do the character's weapons in battle reflect what they have equipped? I always love that in games.
Yep, they do. You could also see this in the demo (I mentioned it in my Let's Play videos after the demo was released). Slings, daggers, swords, darts, etc., all get different animations as well. KF
I held off on answering this because I didn't know whether fates was asking if the type of weapon was shown in battle (which is normal, I'd think) or whether the specific weapons looked different -- e.g., does the Fortune Cane look different from the Fire Cane. And the answer to that is no. I've had Nash equip both those canes and they look the same; when Luna equips the Fortune Cane it looks different, and I expect that any other canes she can equip will look the same as the Fortune Cane does when she has it.

I don't remember to what extent the other games distinguished between specific weapons wielded by the same person, but I do recall that in Legend one of Mia's canes looked different from others -- that was the Magical Cane, which when used to attack would cause things like fish and books and dishpans to fall out of the air onto the enemies for about 1 damage. I'm looking forward to see if that makes an appearance in this game. ^_^

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Alunissage wrote:
Kizyr wrote:
fates wrote:Dunno if this is this is the right thread to ask, but...

Do the character's weapons in battle reflect what they have equipped? I always love that in games.
Yep, they do. You could also see this in the demo (I mentioned it in my Let's Play videos after the demo was released). Slings, daggers, swords, darts, etc., all get different animations as well. KF
I held off on answering this because I didn't know whether fates was asking if the type of weapon was shown in battle (which is normal, I'd think) or whether the specific weapons looked different -- e.g., does the Fortune Cane look different from the Fire Cane. And the answer to that is no. I've had Nash equip both those canes and they look the same; when Luna equips the Fortune Cane it looks different, and I expect that any other canes she can equip will look the same as the Fortune Cane does when she has it.

I don't remember to what extent the other games distinguished between specific weapons wielded by the same person, but I do recall that in Legend one of Mia's canes looked different from others -- that was the Magical Cane, which when used to attack would cause things like fish and books and dishpans to fall out of the air onto the enemies for about 1 damage. I'm looking forward to see if that makes an appearance in this game. ^_^
Yeah, that's what I meant.

IIRC, in SSC the only weapons that changed appearance were later on... but that was just with an orange glow.

I saw some different staffs in the press screenshots, so I thought weapons would reflect more in game. Kinda sad that they didn't, but it's a trivial thing...

On the topic of sprites and everything, does Dragonmaster Alex still have his cape? And are the monsters of Althena's Keep and Goddess Tower still present? (Namely Gades and Ultra Fiends, they were awesome looking monsters)
Last edited by fates on Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vicdaman
Saith Pirate

Post by vicdaman »

only the character's final weapons look different, and no dragonmaster alex does not have his cape anymore. which always bothered me so i'm fine with it. they are quite unique looking though. not just an orange glow like in SSSC.

also noticed some laziness with character portraits. dragonmaster alex's portrait has althena's sword right when he turns dragonmaster.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Is the Dragon Shield noticeable or does it only show up when defending? It's a shame they didn't put the extra bit of effort into making the weapons look different depending on what you used aside from the final weapons. Does anything look as cool as the weapons in the Prologue, namely Althena's Sword, Lemia and Ghaleon's staffs?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I realized today that the planetarium event happened over the weekend. The official site doesn't have any updates about it thus far but there are blog accounts, mostly from 'Akira Ishida fan' perspective. Photos will probably come from official sources if at all.
After translating Shigema's Twitter feed, Shiva wrote:Tomorrow is the Lunar planetarium event! As just another fan of Ishida-san I've been looking forward to it.

I requested Ishida-san as the voice of Alex in Lunar 1 because I had a strong image of Wesley from TNG. Dyne is Ohtsuka-san, and I wanted to convey a forerunner-to-inheritor thing, like the link between Wesley and Riker.

Don't tell anyone that at the planetarium event today, I felt a little like crying during Ishida-san's live reading as Alex. But having your own writing read in front of a large group of people is sort of a humiliation game or a penalty game. I was sweating like a pig. (ha ha)
YES. STAR TREK. XD In the Japanese dub of TNG Akira Ishida played Wesley and Akio Ohtsuka played Riker.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

<- = major Trekkie.
This just makes it even more awesome. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »