On its way!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Siazair
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: On its way!

Post by Siazair »

Now to figure out how to obtain this soundtrack...if it's not getting sent over...allbeit, I can't go the route of getting a Jap Copy. I can't read it ><

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

If anyone gets their hands on it, let us know how it is -- I have multiple copies on the way, but they're not coming express, so it'll be a while.
Alunissage wrote:I'm...not following the logic there. Why would one impact the other?
I can only assume he intends to buy the domestic version from the same place (assuming they carry those, too).
Siazair wrote:Now to figure out how to obtain this soundtrack...if it's not getting sent over...allbeit, I can't go the route of getting a Jap Copy. I can't read it ><
I imagine the mp3s will show up somewhere sooner or later.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

I'd love to find them here, but I know that's a sore subject for folks. As I think I said something ages ago about the soundtracks. But then I bought one from Alun and all was good :3

Justinzero
Lostest Boy

Post by Justinzero »

Alunissage wrote:I'm...not following the logic there. Why would one impact the other?
I have the US version preordered from Playasia as well. If there ends up being a pack in bonus for the US release too, and my Japanese preorder doesn't show up, then I'm not going to count on Playasia.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Is there a track list anywhere for the CD yet?

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Justinzero wrote:
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Sadly, my girlfriend needs some major work on her teeth so I had to cancel my preorder :( I will now go sit alone in a corner and wait for the US release sometime next year *sighs*

Unacceptable! We (My fiancee and I), went through the same thing with my teeth last year. I understand your gripe, which is why I'm totally open minded to sending you my copy after I bugger with it for a week or so. I only wanted the Japanese version for the CD, and to really mess with the game. I don't want to really spent time with it until I can read the text, so its no biggie to me. Fire me off your addy on here, or back on ALoY, and I'll totally lend it to you. We can't have you sitting in the dark. Lunar fans help each other out :D

Hey, thanks a lot! I just might take you up on your offer! :)

As for the preorder bonus, that kinda sucks. I have myself have ordered from Play-Asia before and, although they were very easy to deal with, my order had no preorder bonus so i couldnt speak in reagrds to that. I DID have my SSH preordered with NCSX just because they are also easy to deal and they guaranteed the preorder CD.
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm just hoping NCSX.com gets their shipment today. Then I might get it Friday. :-)
-Nobi

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I had heard Play-Asia was pretty good with pre-order bonuses too, however, the ONE time I actually import a game from them (Tales of VS for the PSP) and had pre-ordered it a few months in advance, do I get the DVD bonus I wanted with it? Nope. >_>

I would have pre-ordered Lunar, but with my lack of Japanese skills (and considering I'd much rather wait for the US release), I don't want to even bother. The only reason why I thought about it at first was for the bonus. Then I remembered Tales of VS and my mishap with it and decided not to even bother. :\

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

My account just got charged, I think it's in!

EDIT: NCSX just updated their site, it's in. If you didn't preorder they still have a few CDs left if you want to order the game today.
-Nobi

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yep, I've gotten my confirmation that it's shipped.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Yay, got it!! ^_^
-Nobi

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Whats the Soundtrack like? Thats the thing I really want, and, I don't really want to buy the Jap game, for the soundtrack..20 bucks is okay, but 50+ is too much :/

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

The soundtrack is 34 tracks from the game, including the opening song and boat songs. The main town themes are there, as is the main battle and boss battle music. It's not the entire soundtrack mind you, but a fairly good selection of songs! ^_^

The first few tracks are brand new, and come from the new scenario. I wouldn't worry about spending the $20 bucks though. More than likely it'll be ripped and on the net in a few days.
-Nobi

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

One can only hope >.> So far, I can find the jap image of the game, but not the OST, and i'm not playing the full game til it's it English.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:The soundtrack is 34 tracks from the game, including the opening song and boat songs. The main town themes are there, as is the main battle and boss battle music. It's not the entire soundtrack mind you, but a fairly good selection of songs! ^_^

The first few tracks are brand new, and come from the new scenario. I wouldn't worry about spending the $20 bucks though. More than likely it'll be ripped and on the net in a few days.
So how do the new tracks compare? Are the similar to the greatness of TSS or more akin to SSSC?
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Got mine. Won't have time to play it until late tonight though as I have a commitment that I should be leaving for right now. My husband is burning me a copy of the soundtrack to listen to in the car, though. I took a quick peek at the soundtrack. The last three tracks are piano arrangements, and two tracks are TSU BA SA 2009 (yes, written in Western alphabet) and Wind's Nocturne 2009. Saw a few familiar katakana names, like Burg, Vane, and (Magical Weapon, probably) Nash.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:
Nobiyuki77 wrote:The soundtrack is 34 tracks from the game, including the opening song and boat songs. The main town themes are there, as is the main battle and boss battle music. It's not the entire soundtrack mind you, but a fairly good selection of songs! ^_^

So how do the new tracks compare? Are the similar to the greatness of TSS or more akin to SSSC?
The new tracks? The first one is kind of hard to say, the second one is definitely more SSSC-like (and as someone mentioned on another forum, kind of Ace Attorney like).
-Nobi

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

I'm mostly just amused that once again Iwadare has included the universally despised "Passing Beyond the Cave" dragon dungeon music from EB on another Lunar album, and on a limited edition CD, no less! I can't tell if he finds it hysterically funny to keep alive the worst piece he's ever written, if he does so as penance, or if he is actually crazy and think's it's great. Track 18, all the time!
aka Maou

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The three new tracks at the beginning are more comparable to EB's music, I think, in terms of orchestration (which includes some chorus). I've only listened to them once, though.

The soundtrack itself isn't bad. There's one thing that frustrates me a great deal, though, and that's that pieces which have different instrumentation on their second repeat (such as the Burg music, as I mentioned in the demo thread) still fade out halfway through that repeat, so you don't actually get to hear all of the new instrumentation. I would rather have fewer tracks than partial ones.

The second thing that annoys me I'd actually managed to forget until Temzin mentioned it. That really adds insult to injury, that the interesting new repetitions of melodies were chopped off so that horrid cave piece could be there. Someone needs to be shaken.

On the plus side, there seem to be a lot of actual instruments used, which is always nice. Apparently the ocarina, trombone, and guitar were all played by Iwadare. There are also credits for violin, trumpet, and chorus. I thought I heard a real flute, though, for the Meribia music -- a better balance than the similar track on one of the Festas, where you can hardly hear the flute over the rest. Aside from the different melody instruments mentioned above, the track that sounded the most different to me was Magical Weapon Nash, but admittedly I've heard the vocal version of that a lot more than the original. (It struck me as I was listening to this that it's been a decade since I played some parts of SSSC.)

There isn't much in the way of a booklet with the CD, but it does have a new drawing of Luna leaning on the crows'-nest railing, from above. Very nice. I expect there will be a scan or photo up tomorrow.

And now it's time for me to actually play the game. Which will probably be a very slow process given my compulsion to take notes on everything. At least the part covered by the demo is already noted, so to speak.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

My only disappointment with the soundtrack is that it excluded probably the best song from SSSC: Mysterious Cave. That's easily my favorite song from the game.
-G1