SSH Merchandise

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

SSH Merchandise

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Besides the bonus soundtrack with the Japanese version, has anyone heard about any new Lunar merchandise for the impending release?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: SSH Merchandise

Post by ilovemyguitar »

There's also the Lunar planetarium they're giving away in Japan as part of the online minigame contest. That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

There were a couple of things given away at TGS -- a fan and a voice card with a sample of Alex's voice. Mine will hopefully arrive today, so I should have a better idea of what that is tonight.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Strategy guide should be out on the same day as the game. Not really what you'd call a big deal of course. A couple of game retailers in Japan have special preorder bonuses, like this screen cleaner.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Huh, that's quite different from the Genesis screen cleaner.

Thanks for mentioning the strategy guide. I've been so busy I haven't done any of the poking around looking for this stuff that I should be. :(

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Dang, lots more to update the merchandise section with.
-G1

Aquaignis
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Aquaignis »

hehe, just wait till the game is actually released :shock: Then there will be a massive update for Lunar merchandise and LNet hits for even more pressure...that, I do not envy...
Some of the answers in this post are made of frozen lose with whipped failsauce topping and suck sprinkles......

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

I'll definitely need to keep an eye on Yahoo! Auctions Japan then.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Speaking of merchandise I wonder if the Soundtrack CD that comes with NCS's preorder is packed with the game, or separately packaged.

Also... has anyone found anywhere with that screen cleaner for sale online (that would ship to the US)?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Probably seperate, or at least it'll have it's own sleeve likely, considering that piece of artwork that's on the official GungHo site for the soundtrack.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'm imagining something similar to the preorder bonus CD that came with the Japanese version of Suikoden Tierkreis... which was nothing fancy. A disk, an insert, and a clear jewel case. If Gungho was putting together a nice box I think we'd know by now, but we shall see. ^_^

On another note, three game shops have exclusive phone/prepaid card preorder extras, and you can see mockups of them here.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I just found out today one of my coworkers is taking a vacation in Japan starting tomorrow, and she's asked me if there's anything I'd like her to look out for. I don't think I can ask her to just make the rounds of shops looking for random Lunar stuff, but if something specific comes up which would be at a brick-and-mortar shop she might be willing to look for me.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

It would be nice if they came out with some action figures and some other stuff or something for us fans who missed out on the earlier stuff, and dont have hundreds of dollars to spend on ebay. I would love to have something Lunar

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I wonder if XSeed will do anything special for the US release like some awesome Working Designs-like guidebook or give out the soundtrack CD that's coming out with the Japanese release...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That would certainly put a feather in their cap, aside from bringing the game here in the first place.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I guess this is as a good thread as any for my notes on the reprint of Vane Hikuusen Monogatari... It's 99% the same as ever. Funato wrote (on her blog) that she made no revisions, so the only things to compare are minor cosmetic differences.
  • All the same color pieces are included but in different sizes and arrangements.
  • Same front and back cover art, different (IMO better) cover design.
  • The pages are a lighter paper stock than before, and the book is thinner.
  • In a nice touch, there is art from the story printed in gold under the dust cover.
  • A different font (a sans-serif I think) is used for chapter headings and the like. I miss the old brush font.
  • Shigema adds a few paragraphs of extra afterword after the pre-existing one. It's directed at readers who are more familiar with Under the Rose (the manga Funato's writing now) than Lunar.
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I'd better go ahead and order a copy myself, then. Thanks for the update! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)