How excited are the Japanese fans?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

How excited are the Japanese fans?

Post by Aaron »

Simple question really. I wanna know if the Japanese gaming community is excited about this remake. I realize that Lunar isn't a real headliner type of game. But I know that it can and should be.

I hope that it's getting a big hooplah in Japan but I guess we have to wait for game sales to see if anything happens.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: How excited are the Japanese fans?

Post by Shiva Indis »

Over at Amazon.jp, preorders have gotten it ranked 125th in Games, 20th in PSP, and 5th in PSP RPGs. Dengeki Online has a half dozen articles on it and Famitsu.com has run four. I haven't seen any banner ads or anything like that yet.

Most comments I've found have been postive and written by fans of previous versions. As far as negative, I remember someone on 2ch commenting that the new art made it look like a bishojo game reject. That was good for a chuckle. ^_^ Lots of people are wondering if Lunar 2 will also get PSP treatment, even Shigema (on his blog).
「まあいいけど。」

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

2ch review bombed Dragon Quest IX too for trivial things...

But yeah it looks like the campaign Gungho is doing is really generating hype for this game.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

thats great, I wonder who is going to publish the US Version. I hope they do a good job promoting it state side. Otherwise its up to us...

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Aaron wrote:thats great, I wonder who is going to publish the US Version. I hope they do a good job promoting it state side. Otherwise its up to us...
Um... really? Its Xseed. Its been stated all over the place. *tsk tsk*

Edit: Orrrrrrrrr, xseed is merely the translator and you are talking about the company that will actually manufacture the stuff and ship it out. Outsourcing, it confuses me in talk like this.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."