ESRB Rating

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Helios
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ESRB Rating

Post by Helios »

I know this may not seem like a big deal to most people, but i forsee this being rated E-10 as opposed to Teen to maybe boost sales? I mean The Dragon Warrior/Quest games are full of objectionable content and were rated E-10 for their DS remakes. So i was wondering if anyone cared about this trivial matter or if it had even crossed anyones mind. I'd like a Teen rated game, simply because of the mature story and the like

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: ESRB Rating

Post by LunarRaptor »

Same goes here, but this IS a JRPG. If its not Studio Ghibli, then you can expect some objectionable material, because they think that fanservice is one of their main selling points, for some reason.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Helios wrote:I know this may not seem like a big deal to most people, but i forsee this being rated E-10 as opposed to Teen to maybe boost sales? I mean The Dragon Warrior/Quest games are full of objectionable content and were rated E-10 for their DS remakes. So i was wondering if anyone cared about this trivial matter or if it had even crossed anyones mind. I'd like a Teen rated game, simply because of the mature story and the like
In all fairness, the Dragon Quest games were censored for american release.

The "puff-puff" was removed in the DS games. Though 8 still had it.

I don't think Lunar has anything in it to warrant a high rating, but I'm also very liberal when it comes to that kind of thing...

Only possible thing I could think of would be if a) more suggestive bromides pop-up, b) dark Althena... the latter being not so much a biggie either.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

So the verdict is Teen, with more citations than last time. http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.js ... cate=28391
The Teen rating is based on the frequent alcohol content and suggestive themes: characters are seen ordering drinks, waking up from hangovers, hiccuping in text ("Hic!"), and slurring their speech—they're basically drunk; they also discuss the virtues of alcohol in dialogue (e.g., "I even drank eight beers before we dealt the first hand," "I'll get the lot of you liquored up for free," and "He protects every man's right to be drunk and sexist!"). Story elements contain text-based references to adulterous affairs, a joke about transvestitism, and mild sexual innuendo (e.g., "what do YOU think is important in a minimally interactive inflated companion?"). While much of the pertinent content is presented in 2D, some of the suggestive content appears in brief animated cutscenes (i.e., better graphics): female characters occasionally wear bras or bikini tops that barely cover their breasts; characters can be seen bathing or in bed—wrapped in towels, strategically placed hair; and the camera slowly pans up a person's legs, revealing a male character's bare buttocks (fleeting—two-to-three seconds). The expletives "damn," "hell," and "bastard" appear in the dialogue.
Wait, am I to understand that Xseed is de-censoring the men's spring?? Win! (For freedom of expression.) 8-)
「まあいいけど。」

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

If it was going to get a E-10 rating they would probably have to change all the bars in the cafes and serve Soda or Juice