More magazine articles!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

More magazine articles!

Post by Kizyr »

This week's Famitsu has a bit on L:SSH! (I just picked it up this morning at a bookstore.)

I'm on vacation so don't think I'm putting up scans and translations yet. But I will when I get back.

They say a bit about the battle/charge systems this time around, too, and have some better screenshots. More stuff on the storyline, too--so far it looks a lot like SSS/TSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: More magazine articles!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Likely someone will have scans up on the net within a day. Doesn't usually take long. I'll make a small news story of it. Have fun the rest of your trip!
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Score! What G1 said, but Kiz, you the man.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

I just read through the article. Not a whole lot we don't already know, but still a few things.

First, the story seems to be following SSS almost exactly up to the point they described (leaving Saith); presumably it's the same after that, with the addition of the new scenes. The battle gauge system they describe sounds just like the one in Lunar: Legend, though with better animations. The soundtrack is the pre-order bonus, as we know, though they also mention that it has new songs on it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

That's going to disappoint a few of my friends who were hoping it'd follow TSS more closely than SSSC.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Thanks for the quick run through of the article. I was one of the people who was hoping it'd follow TSS but already knew from the available info. we had that it would follow SSSC more. One big thing that remains for me is the soundtrack. I'm pretty sure (though I don't WANT to be) that it is indeed SSSC soundtrack with a few new tunes *sigh* oh well...
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah I was hoping they would mix the best of TSS and SSS for the soundtrack at least. Though I remember reading a few years back something about their being legal issues over using TSS music, which may be why we've always been stuck with the SSS soundtrack for every incarnation of the game. Makes sense too considering EB never got a soundtrack revamp (which is fine, I loved EBs soundtrack - save the boring dungeon cave "theme").
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I don't really mind if they don't revert to the TSS story so much since I figured that'd be the case based on keeping the Silver Star Story FMVs. However, I really do hope they at least mix some of the old skills and spells with the newer ones. I miss having a good variety.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'd prefer a remake following TSS story because it has more impact. Yeah it would omit Royce and Phacia but they were filler as far as I'm concerned.

It would be nice to re-intergrate fighting the Dragon Angels in the Goddess Tower. Overall I'd just want a remastered original soundtrack from TSS, because nothing beats the original score.

I really don't want to buy a damn PSP for this game!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh yeah, I'd LOVE to have the Dragon Angels back. They really wouldn't be hard to add back in.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I was just thinking... With the download accessibility with the PSP Go! perhaps there is a way to download the game directly to a PS3 and play it as if you connected a PSP for remote play. Yeah, it's probably just wishful thinking on my part, but Sony would be stupid not to allow people to download PSP games to play on their PS3.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

I hope we learn more about Tempest and Fresca in this one.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

There's a reliable used-hardware place in Akihabara that I'm going to hit on my way back, where I'll try to pick up a used PSP-2000 (the 3000 has interlacing scanline issues, and the newest one that just got released is download-only).

I think I'll also grab Dragon Quest IX for the DS while I'm at it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Man, I want DQIX! >> I shouldn't spend the money though... decisions decisions... >>
-Nobi

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Kizyr wrote: I think I'll also grab Dragon Quest IX for the DS while I'm at it. KF
Nice. Let me know if it'll be worth purchasing when it comes out in the US 6 months from now.

swordandshield
Lyton Singer

Post by swordandshield »

I was hoping for atleast something that was from TSS. I wish they could have restored some deleted scenes or atleast bring back some influence upon it like add in TSS soundtrack but the only thing we get is some new tunes and a change in battle system that I wasn't very fond of in Lunar: Legends.

Still, it looks like an impressive undertaking.