"new episodes"

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: "new episodes"

Post by Alunissage »

Possibly. I've never actually paid much attention to the names, since they mean little to me, so I'm just going by what they sounded like. Most of the voice in TSS is Ghaleon, and it really stood out to me how different the character was, and so I noticed that that VA was different when I finally heard some version of SSS months or years later. The other characters didn't make so much of an initial impression and so I didn't notice whether or not they were the same.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Alex were rerecorded. Though what would be interesting is if the Japanese voices were kept. :P

Egad. Another thing to get up on the site -- the comparative voice clips from the Korean and Japanese games. I think the MegaCD Ghaleon was different from the Saturn/PS/PC one, so that's four Ghaleon voices to compare.
Do you (or does someone here) actually have a copy of the Korean game?

All the Korean cutscenes are up on YouTube, but of course I'd like to see the actual game.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Kizyr wrote:
GhaleonOne wrote:If that's the case, they may not be able to use the same voice actors. I really hope John Truitt remains as Ghaleon.
John Truitt is still awesome enough to be up for it. I get the feeling Rhonda Gibson and Jenny Stigile would be good for it, too. As for the others, I don't know how easy they would be to reach.

Oh, and forget about Ashley Angel. He got a taste of fame with O-Town and is too good for anything now. KF

Jenny Stigile said that she wasn't sure that she wanted to do that anymore and the last I heard from her, she's been trying to start a family.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

DevNall wrote:Do you (or does someone here) actually have a copy of the Korean game?

All the Korean cutscenes are up on YouTube, but of course I'd like to see the actual game.
Yep. I have both the LE and regular release, and PrettyGirlJean has it too.

As for Jenny Stigile, she didn't do much voice acting in SSS; Royce doesn't have much to say. So it'd hardly be a big deal if she weren't involved in the new game.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

As Alun said I do indeed have the korean version. For my birthday my husband bought me a Japanese PC LSSSC game which I was surprised about. The only other thing I had for PC was the All in Lunar and I thought that was it... Did everyone but me know about this JPN PC version? lol

BTW, Ashley Angel may have gotten that O-town buzz, but that fizzled pretty quickly, more like his famey fuel is from his role in the broadway production of Hairspray these days :p My best friend was pleasantly surprised when she saw him... he also kicked a piece of dirt at her forehead while he was on stage... she and her bro took a trip to the big apple and won some lottery for free front row seats... classic lol :p

Oh and I'm totally all about having John Truitt reprise his role for Ghaleon! If they were doing an EB remake I'd be a lot more picky about the voice acting since I think most if not all of the VAs were perfect fits for the characters.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Nobiyuki77 wrote:Weren't all of the seiyuu different from Mega CD --> Saturn?
Yes, 100% different. I couldn't help but want to fill this bit in...

MCD
Alex = Kikuko Inoue
Luna = Kikuko Inoue
Nall = Rei Sakuma
Ghaleon = Rokurou Naya

Saturn
Alex = Akira Ishida
Luna = Kyouko Hikami
Nall = Junko Nagashima
Ghaleon = Kiyoyuki Yanada

I think it's worth noting that the remake cast is being retained now. Another curious thing is that Rokurou Naya was back as Ghaleon in the Lunar 2 remake.
「まあいいけど。」

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Shiva Indis wrote: MCD
Alex = Kikuko Inoue
Luna = Kikuko Inoue
:?:

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight