Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, in all reality, there's always the possibility that most of the voice acting could just be inserted from TSS/SSS if the right people have the rights to the voice acting. Just depends on how much the cutscenes/voice scenes change.
-G1

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

XSEED is usually quite good. I like their work with the later Wild ARMS, at any rate.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

I can't believe this. Im SO excited. I can't wait! This is the best news I have ever heard, lol. Hopefully after this they will do an EB remake, and I am praying that they will both sell very well. If they sell well, this could lead to a Lunar 3. The day Lunar 3 gets announced for the PS3 is the day I die from excitement. That's my DREAM!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I have to say, to stumble across such awesome news like this for a game series I'd written off as totally dead is amazing. I think I'm even more amazed now than when Dragon Song/Genesis was announced, since at that point the series hadn't had a single entry that genuinely tanked. (Legend wasn't exactly a giganimous runaway success, but from what I understand it turned a tidy profit.)

The PSP might honestly be a great place for the Lunar series, now that I think about it. From what I understand, it has a plethora of great SRPGs (like Jeanne D'Arc and the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics), and the traditional Lunar battle system is best described as a hybrid of SRPG and traditional turnbased RPG gameplay.

And the fact that GameArts is developing this themselves, instead of farming it out to JAM or Marvelous or some other company, gives me faith that they're doing what they can to make this series work. They care! All of a sudden Lunar doesn't feel quite so obscure and niche anymore.

G1, if GameArts wanted L-Net to be the Lunar:HSS's official US site (like it has for the other handheld Lunar games), how soon do you think you'd find out?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, it was UbiSoft that used LunarNET in the past, and I'm not sure who will be publishing it here. GameArts never used us, though they definitely know about us.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You know... what would really help us out is if folks would link back to us when spreading the news about L:HSS elsewhere. Particularly if you could link back to the Famitsu translation (here) or the frontpage. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

Xseed did a great job on Retro game challenge, they even translated the fake magazines in the game.

Also, they have a publishing deal with Marvelous, Marvelous published Dragon Song if I recall correctly, through this chain of connections I think it's highly likely Xseed picked it up.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

If they get a new cast to record voices for the english port (if we get one), then I hope they use Sonny Strait for Kyle. :D He has a sexy voice.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

SQUEE!! Dear sweet Moby! I am a very happy man right now. Oh... crud... Now I HAVE to get a PSP. My roommate and I have been at odds over our portables. Ah well, it is going to be SO worth it.

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

phyco126 wrote:If they get a new cast to record voices for the english port (if we get one), then I hope they use Sonny Strait for Kyle. :D He has a sexy voice.
Haha! Sonny Strait is an awesome guy. However, he's based in Texas and if this game gets a US release I imagine they'll be developing it in California. Personally, I hope they would keep all the voice over tracks from the original game. I can't imagine the characters with new voice actors. I grew up listening to John Truitt and all his amazingness. xD

At any rate; this is soooo amazing! I'm really excited! It looks fantastic so far. Love that page of the Japanese site, even if I can't read it lol. It's just wonderful to see some life being breathed into the series again. Maybe if it does well, we can get a Lunar 3 in the future?? Har, har, har. :P
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Coolness! Now I have a reason to buy a PSP! I only bought one game, and didn't want to buy a whole system just for one game. But I'll buy one for two! Ironically, LUNAR DS was one of the reasons I bought the DS. Granted it sucked, but it was worth it for the DS. And should HSS come out over here, I am buying a PSP, case closed. Can't wait until then. ^^;;

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Something nice to confirm, I just noticed on one of those high-res screenshots posted that you can see an enemy lurking around what looks like Weird Woods. Goodbye random battles of Legend! (P.S....I''ve come back after hearing the news and am thrilled someone is actually putting some effort into the series again! Not just anyone, but the original creators themselves. Personally I think it shows Game Arts may be ready to re-introduce the series. Also, considering I just so happen to have bought a psp ^-^)

Ana
Saith Pirate

Post by Ana »

DragonmasterDan wrote:Xseed did a great job on Retro game challenge, they even translated the fake magazines in the game.

Also, they have a publishing deal with Marvelous, Marvelous published Dragon Song if I recall correctly, through this chain of connections I think it's highly likely Xseed picked it up.
It's looking even more likely now, since Xseed just announced they're publishing Ragnarok Online DS, which GungHo, the very same ones working on this Lunar game, also developed. The game would definitely be in great hands with Xseed, so I hope it's true.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Kizyr wrote:You know... what would really help us out is if folks would link back to us when spreading the news about L:HSS elsewhere. Particularly if you could link back to the Famitsu translation (here) or the frontpage. KF
Upon seeing your post I went straight to deviantart and posted a journal and notified all of the Lunar clubs I'm a member of the great news! All notifications included the Famitsu translation :) If I can think of any other places to get the word out I definitely will! Will you be going to Otakon this year Kiz? Maybe time for another Lunar panel? ;)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

LuNaRtIc wrote:
phyco126 wrote:If they get a new cast to record voices for the english port (if we get one), then I hope they use Sonny Strait for Kyle. :D He has a sexy voice.
Haha! Sonny Strait is an awesome guy. However, he's based in Texas and if this game gets a US release I imagine they'll be developing it in California. Personally, I hope they would keep all the voice over tracks from the original game.
While I would love to have the same voice actors, in the event that they cannot do it, might as well as just go for the next best thing, right? The best thing about this day and age is that they don't have to go to Cali to do voice acting. Just a local studio, send the sound file to the company, and they'll insert it. :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

PrettyGirlJean wrote:
Kizyr wrote:You know... what would really help us out is if folks would link back to us when spreading the news about L:HSS elsewhere. Particularly if you could link back to the Famitsu translation (here) or the frontpage. KF
Upon seeing your post I went straight to deviantart and posted a journal and notified all of the Lunar clubs I'm a member of the great news! All notifications included the Famitsu translation :) If I can think of any other places to get the word out I definitely will! Will you be going to Otakon this year Kiz? Maybe time for another Lunar panel? ;)
Thanks {^^}. I appreciate it.

I'm going to Otakon this year again, by the way. We signed up for another panel but haven't heard word back yet (we did make it before the deadline, though). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

If we do a Lunar Panel then I get to dress up as Lemina this year, Kizyr. I'm sick of you always saying you look better in her dress!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

What weekend is Otakon? I always thought about going, and an AirTran flight wouldn't be too bad from here. It just depends on what weekend, as I'm in quite a few soccer tournaments this summer.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:If we do a Lunar Panel then I get to dress up as Lemina this year, Kizyr. I'm sick of you always saying you look better in her dress!
Fine, fine. But I at least get to dress up as Jean.
GhaleonOne wrote:What weekend is Otakon? I always thought about going, and an AirTran flight wouldn't be too bad from here. It just depends on what weekend, as I'm in quite a few soccer tournaments this summer.
July 17th-19th. If you go, though, I recommend pre-registering and coming in on Thursday. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)