Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Silver Star Story being remade for PSP

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Someday I HAVE to make it out to Otakon for your Lunar panel Kiz!
If G1 is going then I am too. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I really would like to make one. Even if not Otakon, it sounds like there are quite a few around the midwest area. I think that might be the weekend I'll be in Kansas State Games up in Topeka though. I'll look into it. Are there any other cons over the next 3 months that some of you here would be at? Or even later in the year?
-G1

Loud Mouth
Student of Vane

Post by Loud Mouth »

I'm still waiting for a localization of Magical School Lunar... or at least a way to play it without importing the game.

As for this new game... between this and .hack//Link it seems I'm going to have to even another PSP before they come out with the PSP Go. >_<

If they can't get the original voice actors back, then I can only hope that only the cinematics are voiced using stock audio from previous games while leaving the rest of the in-game text un-voiced. At least that way I'll be able to imagine the original voices in my head as I read along.

I too also miss the explorable world maps. It seems like a lot of the games are just doing away with them, either going to point and click such as Suikoden Tierkreis and Lunar Legend, or having open dungeon areas such as FF:XII and Star Ocean: Last Hope. Or they just forego the world map idea altogether and warp you to the area as in .Hack// and Disgaea.... In other words. I miss my world maps!!

lutomboy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by lutomboy »

it will be called Lunar Harmony of the Silver story

http://www.destructoid.com/lunar-harmon ... 2650.phtml

this is all the info and NEW SHOOTS of the game it looks so good :D

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

lutomboy wrote:it will be called Lunar Harmony of the Silver story

http://www.destructoid.com/lunar-harmon ... 2650.phtml

this is all the info and NEW SHOOTS of the game it looks so good :D
The information -- and more -- is also on Lunar-Net.com. You know, the site that hosts these messageboards.

I know it seems a lot to ask to actually READ THE SITE when you can't even be bothered to transcribe the name correctly, but seriously, give it a try. :roll:

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I'm really optimistic about this release. The first Lunar has been remade so many times that it's become sort of an icon for how far gaming has come, and with each new version of it there are trade offs, but it's almost like Lunar 2009 or something.

Unless they do something to really screw it up there will be something that should be at least as enjoyable as Lunar Legend, though on psp it will probably be closer to the psx remakes in terms of how much they can put in so there will probably be less cut out and hopefully decent voice overs. If Riviera can have 2 sets of voice overs maybe it's possible here too.

I know another remake is frustrating when we've all been yearning for a new entry in the series, but I'd much rather see a remake of a great game that creates the interest and potential to improve the series' popularity than a sequel to Lunar DS.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

localflick wrote:I know another remake is frustrating when we've all been yearning for a new entry in the series, but I'd much rather see a remake of a great game that creates the interest and potential to improve the series' popularity than a sequel to Lunar DS.
To be completely honest, I'd prefer EB remake, and even more MS remake. (with translation this time)
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonix wrote:
localflick wrote:I know another remake is frustrating when we've all been yearning for a new entry in the series, but I'd much rather see a remake of a great game that creates the interest and potential to improve the series' popularity than a sequel to Lunar DS.
To be completely honest, I'd prefer EB remake, and even more MS remake. (with translation this time)
An MS remake would be easy:

Step 1) Decrease the encounter rate to 20% of what it originally was.
Step 2) Quintuple the XP you get from each encounter.
Step 3) Hire me to be lead translator for the US release.

Done. Really, besides the encounter rate, everything else about MS was fun. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

alexhiro
Burg Farmer

Post by alexhiro »

I am late.
I heard there would be a new title just 3 days ago and soon checked this site.
another remake of lunar1. more details will be given for the story of the 4 heros. That's just what I know.

will be published in this autumn soon. A little Hesitated, though easy for me to get it. I haven't played any games recently. It has been a long time since I visted a game shop last time.

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

GhaleonOne wrote:I really would like to make one. Even if not Otakon, it sounds like there are quite a few around the midwest area. I think that might be the weekend I'll be in Kansas State Games up in Topeka though. I'll look into it. Are there any other cons over the next 3 months that some of you here would be at? Or even later in the year?
I usually go to the midwest cons. In fact, I'm going to Colossal Con in Sandusky, OH next weekend. My con schedule for the year usually looks like this:

January: Ohayocon -- Columbus, OH
May/June: Anime Central -- Chicago, IL *OR* Colossal Con -- Sandusky, OH
October: Youmacon -- Dearborn, MI

So if you or anyone else attends any of these cons, let me know. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm still considering Otakon if anyone is going, just because it seems all the Lunar people go there. Youmacon seems possible as well. In fact, the Ohio ones would be nice, as I know there's a few people here from Ohio (MiaOne, Jenner).
-G1

cj iwakura
Student of Vane

Post by cj iwakura »

XSeed are publishing it in the US, as rumored.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2009/052909b.html

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

And it appears the official subtitle will be "Silver Star Harmony."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just posted it on the site, with a tidbit about some domain name research. I actually like the subtitle rename personally. Now I don't have to fret over whether to abbreviate it as HSS or HoSS. SSH is much easier.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

GhaleonOne wrote:Just posted it on the site, with a tidbit about some domain name research. I actually like the subtitle rename personally. Now I don't have to fret over whether to abbreviate it as HSS or HoSS. SSH is much easier.
If they hadn't changed it, I would have gone with HSS. I don't exactly relish the idea of referring to a Lunar game as "hoss."

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

I sort of liked Harmony of Silver Star better, but it's fine either way as long as it's getting localized. XD
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

"Harmony of Silver Star" was honestly irritating me. It's missing an article... Silver Star Harmony rolls off the tongue much better.

...now we gotta rename all those folders. Dammit. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Kizyr wrote:"Harmony of Silver Star" was honestly irritating me. It's missing an article... Silver Star Harmony rolls off the tongue much better.

...now we gotta rename all those folders. Dammit. KF
and this forum. >>
-Nobi

alexhiro
Burg Farmer

Post by alexhiro »

That is, japanese made a lot new words of phrases with English which are sometimes strange.
Silver Star Harmony is better!

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

I have to say that I'm honestly dubious about the fact that this is being released on the PSP when that system is being outsold by...just about everything. Yeah, way to try to revitalize an old series. Put it on a system that's dying and needs to be put down.

I think the DS would have been a much better outlet for this, overall.

Anyway, I'm still happy to see the series getting an update, even if it means that I have to buy a machine I have never had any interest in before now.
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray