Vintage magazine feature on TSS

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Vintage magazine feature on TSS

Post by Kizyr »

Thanks to forum member Arlia, we were able to get ahold of an incredibly hard-to-find special feature on Lunar: The Silver Star from way back in 1992, just two months after TSS was released in Japan!

The special feature was in the August 1992 issue of Mega Drive Fan, and has:
- Kikuko Inoue Interview
- Manga: End of a Journey
- Manga: Love's Debut
- Fanart
- Short story: The Snake Ring
- Character contest results
- Game Arts guide and interviews

We have scans and translations of everything except the interview and short story (sorry... maybe one day). Check it all out here!
The Silver Star - Artwork: Media - Mega Drive Fan Special
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Re: Vintage magazine feature on TSS

Post by Kizyr »

........and if anyone's wondering, the April Fool's Joke this year is how long it took me to finally finish this thing... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

..But you did it, and that's great!
「まあいいけど。」

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

"All I'll say is that Kikuko Inoue is seventeen."

Lol wat.

Aww, no more Lunar april fools jokes this year?

Though who needs a joke like that when GameArts / GungHo / Whatever didn't release Lunar 1 on PSN Japan?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

jay_are wrote:"All I'll say is that Kikuko Inoue is seventeen."
Lol wat.
Yep. She's 17. Always has been, always will be. I saw her in person once a few years ago where she confirmed this, too.
jay_are wrote:Aww, no more Lunar april fools jokes this year?
Though who needs a joke like that when GameArts / GungHo / Whatever didn't release Lunar 1 on PSN Japan?
Yeah... most places around the internet seemed to take a hiatus this year. Google, Gmail (after their mistake), Cracked, etc... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Greco12
Pao Hunter

Post by Greco12 »

Looking at the character poll , I have a few thoughts:

- Alex ranking higher than the other male characters really kicks the "nice guys finish last" fallacy to the curb.

- Why the lack of love for Mel a.k.a. Cat Dad? Sure, he's old, but he still leaves a good impression. :(

- Ramus ranked higher than Nash. Ouch.

- Tempest and Fresca ranked higher than Kyle and Nash, as well as most of the side characters and villains. Now I really wish the remakes had expanded on them more than what we got, which was barely any further development.

- All three female leads made the Top 5. Pretty impressive for an early 90's JRPG. Since the voters consisted of both male and female voters, I have to wonder how much of a split there was for the female leads. Jessica and Mia are both pretty cool and positive female characters (steadfast, minimal emotional problems, dish out a fair amount of damage) for an early 90's JRPG, and I would like to think they made an impression on female gamers.