Lunar TSS Section: Upgraded!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar TSS Section: Upgraded!

Post by Kizyr »

Starting now, we're on a mission to upgrade LunarNET. This is not just a cosmetic shift. Starting with "The Silver Star", we're going section by section until the entire site has all of the content -- artwork, music, text, translations, everything -- that we've been wanting to bring to you for years.

LunarNET's improved TSS page is now up! We've fixed up sections like packaging, lyrics, and movies. And we have 100% new content in the characters, artwork, music, game saves, and credits sections. Let us know what you think!

Links:
TSS - Main Page
TSS - Characters
TSS - Artwork
TSS - Music
TSS - Game Saves
TSS - Credits
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Lunar TSS Section: Upgraded!

Post by GhaleonOne »

Quality work! I especially like the characters pages! Much of this was stuff I had hoped to have up 5 years ago...
-G1

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

You guys can thank me later.

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

Awesome stuff..Thanks! Thanks! Now I look forward to the other sections

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Brilliant work, Kiz! Loved the character section, and the in-game animation screenshots reminded me of some of the raw 1992 charm of the (slightly off-model) art direction.
Zhane Masaki wrote:You guys can thank me later.
And why, pray tell? I seem to recall that your "gathering of information" consisted of a number of requests for translations (i.e. in-game ocarina soundtracks) by other people. I think Kiz is the one to thank here.

[note from Alunissage: Temzin, I edited this to uncheck the "disable BBCode" box so your quote tags would work, and deleted the duplicate post. Posts on the LunarNET News board require approval, since they also are displayed on the main page, so they don't show up immediately.]

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Zhane Masaki wrote:You guys can thank me later.
Dude, you're mentioned on the credits and info pages both. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Just started looking through this, finally. It looks great! Though I'd be careful about citing the Vheen manga too much for the TSS section, as it was written after the game came out and relates more to the SSS storyline. There may be no specific contradictions, but as an example, I remember getting the distinct impression from TSS that Dyne was Ghaleon's "elder", in the sense of being one that Ghaleon looked up to -- rather the opposite of the relationship they actually have in the Vheen manga. And indeed, the I+II artbook has a sketch of Dyne showing him with facial hair, looking much older than the SSS Dyne. So I think the backstory was re-envisioned enough for the remake that the manga is not as good a source for it.

Shiva Indis translated or summarized bits from the TSS guides and maybe the artbook as well relating to the backstory, I think including the "de" in Mel's name vs its lack in Jessica's. All my Lunar docs are on a different computer, but I'll try to look all that up -- it's probably all on the boards here too, but I collected whatever I could find.

And yeah, I'll definitely get you better CD photos. I think my massive original picture, higher-res, is still on my webspace somewhere, but need to figure out how to access it on this Macintoy. And I'll be happy to take better pics, of both the discs and the boxes (the metallic on the manual and box liner didn't show up until the second and later printings). I'm sure I have a thing or two here and there to add as well. Afraid it'll be a week or two before I can do much, though, since I'm about to leave town again.

Forgot to mention -- in my browser (Firefox on Mac) the font for the screenshot sections in the right sidebar is different, and big enough to be crowded. The TSS navigation links are just fine, fontwise.

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Hmm, I don't remember this game. Was this for the 32X?

Nice work guys!