Official Press Release For Lunar: Silver Star Story Novel

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Official Press Release For Lunar: Silver Star Story Novel

Post by GhaleonOne »

Figured it might be worth posting the official press release regarding the news about LUNAR: Silver Star Story's novel release today. It has a new bit of information I haven't seen reported yet that the second LUNAR Silver Star Story novel will be released in the 1st quarter of 2011. You can read the full press release below:

------------

Tokyo, Japan –November 28, 2010 – GAME ARTS announced today that the first volume of the novelized LUNAR: Silver Star Story is now available to download from the Kindle Store of Amazon.com/ Amazon.co.uk, for $7.95/ £5.86.

Originally released over 10 years ago in Japan, the novel LUNAR: Silver Star Story was written by the scenario writer of the role-playing game LUNAR series, Mr. Kei Shigema. It is based loosely on the events of LUNAR: Silver Star Story, which was released on the Sega Saturn in Japan in 1996; but is more familiarly known in North America as LUNAR: Silver Star Story Complete, which made its appearance on the PlayStation® in 1999; and then more recently on the PlayStation®Portable as LUNAR: Silver Star Harmony this year in 2010.

Following the epic journey of a young boy named Alex whose adventures to become the Dragonmaster eventually set him on a path to save the world of Lunar, one of the most beloved fantasy role-playing games of all time, LUNAR: Silver Star Story, is now, after years of waiting by fans around the world, finally receiving its first novelized release in English.

“We are pleased to release the novelized version of LUNAR: Silver Star Story outside of Japan” said Kazuki Morishita, President of GAME ARTS. “We believe this story is very enjoyable to read not only for those fans of the LUNAR series but also those who may have never played a LUNAR game before.”

The novel comes in four volumes, and the second volume is scheduled to go on sale sometime in Q1 of 2011.
For more information, visit http://www.gamearts.com/products/kindle-lunar.html

About The Author| Kei Shigema
Kei Shigema was born in Ehime, Japan, in 1960. He is currently the president and CEO of Scenario Factory GEKKO. He is also known for his exceptional skill as a writer. Some of his works include the "Silent Möbius" novels, the scenarios for the beloved RPG series "LUNAR", the original storyline for "GRANDIA II", and the main scenarios for "Way of the Samurai 2" and "Way of the Samurai 3". He is the father of two elementary school-aged boys, and would love nothing more than to have them play LUNAR and get to know his work in the upcoming years.

About GAME ARTS Co., Ltd.
GAME ARTS Co., Ltd. was established in 1985 and has been in the industry for more than 20 years, becoming one of the most prestigious development companies in Japan with role-playing games such as the "GRANDIA" and "LUNAR" series, the shooter series "Silpheed", and the mechanized
shooter series "Gungriffon". Currently developing titles for next gen home consoles, portable devices as well as PC, the technology gained through their vast development experience working on first-party and original titles across a wide range of platforms has prepared them to tackle every new project dynamically and professionally. GAME ARTS Co., Ltd. is a subsidiary company of GungHo Online Entertainment, Inc. For more information, please visit http://www.gamearts.com/

"PlayStation" and "PSP" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

©1992 GAME ARTS
©2010 GAME ARTS
-G1

Texcap
Meribian Merchant

Re: Official Press Release For Lunar: Silver Star Story Novel

Post by Texcap »

Appreciate it.

I heard the news early this morning while my wife was getting ready that the 1st novel was released on Amazon's kindle over the weekend. I was so excited to hear it that I downloaded the preview in the few minutes I had before gulping down my milk and heading out the door for work.

I went ahead and posted about the news on my blog along with an encouragement to pick up the game for those that have never played it, or are looking to rekindle an old flame. Great news all around and I can't wait for news of the next translation...these have been a long time coming for a lot of us.