New SSH screens...

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New SSH screens...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Apparently Famitsuu got ahold of some new screenshots. And with everyone new bit of media, the game keeps looking better and better. The biggest thing we can draw from these is that while most of the towns and dungeons seem to have an isometric view, Vane's city center doesn't look isometric at all. Have a look:

http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1228269_1407.html

Note: Thanks to fates for finding these.
-G1

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: New SSH screens...

Post by Sonic# »

Oh my, the forest is amazingly beautiful.

And it's interesting that they didn't do the isometric view for Vane. It seems like that might work better for Vane though, because it sets the Magic Guild and the two towers up on the top of the screen, and it makes the entire town more hierarchical... which you have to admit suits Vane perfectly.

I'd imagine the same for a place like Althena's Temple. Most other places, like towns and dungeons, don't have any need for such an orientation.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Looks like Mel's training room/gymnasium has a pretty similar layout to the Legend and SSS ones. The Reza tavern looks smaller, more like TSS's in scale but with some really nice decoration. It's easy to imagine that being a place in Eternal Blue, say, Nota. And is that Royce or Xenobia with Lily? I was assuming Xenobia, but there doesn't seem to be long enough hair.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Definitely looks like Royce, particularly due to the staff.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Right, and the description talks about 'a sorceress' abducting Lila (Lily) rather than the 'Sorceress Xenobia' like in the caption for Mel's stoning. Rouyce it is! ...Come to think of it, didn't SSS have Rouyce rather than Xenobia turning Mel to stone? I like to think that they would scale down the other sorceresses in favor of a better-developed/hated Xenobia like in TSS.