Kyle has a last name!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Kyle has a last name!

Post by Kizyr »

Minor Silver Star Harmony update: Kyle has a full name now! Yes I know it's minor, but still... it's something new.

On June 12th, GungHo Works made another update to the official website with character pages for Nash, Mia, Jessica, and Kyle. Most of it is information that we already knew, and they're still keeping the same Japanese voice actors as Silver Star Story. But, for the first time, they've actually given Kyle a last name:

Reguiss (or "Regis" if you'd like, with a hard 'g' sound).
In Japanese, that's: kirii rigisu (キリー・リギス)
In English, that could be: Kyle Reguiss (or Regis, Rigis, Riguis, etc...)

I've updated LunarNET's translation/synopsis of GungHo Works' official Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star website accordingly (Link Here).

As a side note, in the Lunar SSS novels by Kei Shigema, Kyle's steamship is also named the Reguiss, though with an elongated 'e' (リーギス). LunarNET has an abridged version of the novels if you'd like to see those (SSS Volume 1 Link). KF

Relevant Links:
GungHo Works Official Site - Characters - Kyle
Website Updates - GungHo Works Official L:HSS Website, First Update
Lunar SSS Vol. 1 - Abridged
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: Kyle has a last name!

Post by Alunissage »

I was in such a hurry to track down where I'd seen that name before that I started to do so before I even read the rest of the post. :P It's also interesting to note that Kyle now has blue eyes, rather than the dark ones shown here.

You may need to asterisk Ramus's surname as not yet having an unofficial English version too. I suppose the name Noah has been in the games already, although only as Alex's father's name rather than the family name. And, um, the only official English instance of Nash's surname, in Legend, was Rumack.