NA release announced for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

NA release announced for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Post by GhaleonOne »

It looks as if the rumors are true, and XSEED games will be bringing over the new LUNAR remake. It has also been retitled Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. A press release has apparently been made public for XSEED Games E3 showings and it lists our new LUNAR title...

"Torrance, Calif., (May 29, 2009)—XSEED Games today announced that Lunar: Silver Star Harmony and Half-Minute Hero, both for the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system, are currently in development and will be among the company’s E3 2009 lineup. XSEED Games will showcase titles for the PSP as well as both Nintendo platforms, the Nintendo DS™ and Wii™, at E3 2009 which will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center from June 2nd-4th.

'This is going to be an especially exciting showcase for XSEED Games as we just announced new titles that represent what our fans have been asking for,' said Jun Iwasaki, President of XSEED Games. 'We are especially excited to be releasing them in the North American market and look forward to supporting our growing fan base'.

XSEED Games will be showcasing the following titles during E3 2009:

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony PSP

While everything is calm on the surface, the world of Lunar is slowly devolving into chaos. The legendary Dragonmaster Dyne and his faithful companions have faded into obscurity only to have a shadowy figure known as the Magic Emperor begin to wreak havoc on the world created by the Goddess Althena. Meanwhile, in a small, humble village far removed from the turmoil in Lunar, lives a young man named Alex. As one who idolizes the legendary Dyne, Alex dreams of one day becoming the next Dragonmaster and matching the accomplishments of his life-long hero. Egged on by his childhood friend Ramus and with his adopted sister Luna in tow, Alex heads off on what seems to be a meaningless adventure, unaware that it would be the first step in an epic journey with the fate of the entire world at stake.

Since it debuted over a decade ago, Lunar: Silver Star Story has continuously captivated fans with its timeless tale of love, betrayal and redemption, expertly woven into its involving gameplay and cinematic presentation. The classic masterpiece has now been reborn on the PSP as Lunar: Silver Star Harmony with all new graphics, added gameplay features, and a re-mastered soundtrack so a whole new generation of fans can experience this legendary first entry of the Lunar universe, while added story elements are sure to intrigue returning fans alike. This title is being developed by Game Arts and is scheduled to be released Fall 2009 exclusively for the PSP."

In addition to the press release, doing a domain name search on http://www.lunarsilverstarharmony.com/ brings up a new page listing. Obviously, we can assume this will be where the North American official site will be made public.

Relevant Links:
XSEED Games Press Release, May 29, 2009
NeoGAF's forums on the Press Release
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: NA release announced for Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

Post by phyco126 »

Awwww. :( Well, from what people said, I guess that xseed won't be horrible, but I would have really liked to see Vic manage it again.

Also, too bad about the official website, kinda hoping it would be LNet again.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

All right! The main L:HSS page has been updated, and I added the XSEED Games press release to the first post and the L:HSS Media Page. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Yay! Granted, I was kind of hoping Atlus would pick it up because they do great translations and their releases come with extra goodies but I'm glad it's being ported over by someone, in any case...I actually went and got a PSP today >.> Gamestop is having a Buy 2 Used, Get 1 Free deal this weekend, too, so picked up some of the games I was wanting to play. Anyways, yay for more Lunar

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

So is this going to be DD only or are UMD copies going to be available too?