More on Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

More on Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star!

Post by GhaleonOne »

A few more tidbits of information to throw up about Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star... There will apparently be new events to the story. Looking at the scan that's been floating around, we can already assume Nash doesn't show up in Burg quite as early as he did in Lunar Legend. One of the screenshots shows Alex, Luna and Ramus in the White Dragon cave, but no Nash. It should be interesting to see which of the Lunar 1 storylines they follow the closest.

It should also be mentioned that the developer is GameArts. This would actually make it the first remake GameArts themselves have done (as the Saturn/Playstation remake and Lunar Legend on the GBA were both done by outside developers for the most part). And with the official Japanese site going live Friday, we're going to try and have a new section on the site for the game by Saturday. This is certainly some unexpected, but very good news about GameArts. It seems they haven't forgotten their old franchises. With Grandia Online to be revealed next week, and now a new remake of Lunar 1, things are looking good for us GameArts fans.

And in regards to a possible North America release? There's a few thoughts floating around the 'net. First, a post on NeoGAF forums by Victor Ireland making his interest in the title known. Also of note, an interview with XSEED at RPGamer earlier this month hints at the possibility of a LUNAR localization. The final question of the interview posed this question:

I know that E3 is just around the corner, but could you give us some idea of what might be around the corner for XSEED or the XSEED/Marvelous alliance? Any other secrets you can share with your buddies at RPGamer?

Ken: We have tons of titles that we'll be announcing between now and E3 for various platforms. Though I can't quite spell out any titles yet, I will say that we listen to the requests we get from the gaming community and we've tried very hard to secure some of the games that have been requested. We also have an enhanced remake of a classic PSone RPG in North America that we'll be announcing soon which I think the RPGamer audience will be very interested in...

Lunar would certainly fit the bill of a classic PSone RPG. Obviously we'll continue to update with even the slightest bits of news about this re-re-remake.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: More on Lunar: Harmony of the Silver Star!

Post by Kizyr »

Full translation of the Famitsu article coming in a few hours. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)