Quick Announcement about Otakon

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Quick Announcement about Otakon

Post by Kizyr »

Otakon, one of the largest anime conventions on the East Coast, is taking place this weekend from August 8th - 10th. In past years we've had a Lunar panel co-hosted by myself, (Dragonmaster) Lou, and a couple other guests. We -may- have one this weekend as well--so if you're going to be at Otakon this weekend, be sure to check the schedule and the errata sheet to see if we're there.

But, even if we don't, we're trying to have a meetup on Saturday. So if you're just going to be in Baltimore this weekend, even if you're not at the convention, then try to make it there! Here's the details:
Saturday, August 9th
Time: 1:00PM
Place: the doorway outside the Charles Street Lobby (at Charles and Pratt Streets)

link to map

I know, it'd be better if we had more advance notice. But, if we do have a panel this weekend, it'll be great. Really. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

SleihStrifeVII
NPC

Re: Quick Announcement about Otakon

Post by SleihStrifeVII »

If I were to been in the Baltimore area, let alone the east coast, I would have venture my way there. Unfortunately I am not. ;_;

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Sorry to have missed you guys :( I didn't go to Otakon this year, and I won't be there next year either... maybe after that? :p I'm trying to get my nerve up to do some lunar karaoke perhaps in my Luna costume. Anyhow, if you guys did the panel I of course hope it was successful! :)

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Sorry, guys; Otakon's too far away for me to make it, being on the Left Coast and all. If you tried branching out west, I MIGHT be able to make it, depending on con and location.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

[quote="PrettyGirlJean"]Sorry to have missed you guys :( I didn't go to Otakon this year, and I won't be there next year either... maybe after that? :p I'm trying to get my nerve up to do some lunar karaoke perhaps in my Luna costume. Anyhow, if you guys did the panel I of course hope it was successful! :)[/quote]

Sadly, we never got the chance to do the panel since we applied late and only got on the waitlist. :(

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

It's a bit late, but sorry to hear that. Also, if you apply early, you MAY be able to arrange a panel next Otakon, or even for California's FanimeCon; I'm local to that, so you might see me around if you did that.