Another big SSS Novels Update!

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Another big SSS Novels Update!

Post by Kizyr »

The pages for SSS Vol. 4, the final volume of the Lunar SSS novelization, is now complete! This is the longest of the novels (around 300 pages), and a lot happens here: Alex's Dragon Trials, Ghaleon's revelation, Luna's transformation, saving the world...

But besides just the summary, there's also a translation of the 20-page epilogue! Everything's available here:
Lunar SSS, Vol. 4 - Heir to the Wind - Summary
Lunar SSS, Vol. 4 - Heir to the Wind - Epilogue

So enjoy! And yes, this is the volume where Ghaleon unveils his plan to transport Lunar's inhabitants to Venus. No kidding; but you need to check out the summary/novel for details. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Another big SSS Novels Update!

Post by Kizyr »

Oh, and if anyone's curious as to why I don't just translate the entire novel...

The Epilogue was 20 pages. I spread out the translation of that over 3 or 4 days. It'd take me, on average, about 30 minutes to translate (properly) each page. So, stretch that out, and we're talking about 150 hours of work for Volume 4, and maybe 100 hours per each of the other volumes. So, if you take all 4 SSS novels, all 3 EB novels, that's around 750 hours of work total. And that's not including editing.

...it's a little bit too much work for me to do without getting paid.

Now the manga, on the other hand... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

HiroOne
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Another big SSS Novels Update!

Post by HiroOne »

That's amazing Kiz! You do so much great work for the lunar community, I'm very grateful. If you have any plans to do another lunar panel at the otakon this year let me know and I'll be glad to be a part of them.