Famitsu Reviews for Lunar: DS

The latest LunarNET news that shows up on the frontpage. All replies to topics here will show up as comments on the homepage. Forum rules are more strictly adhered to on these posts.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Famitsu Reviews for Lunar: DS

Post by GhaleonOne »

The reviews from the popular Japanese gaming magazine Famitsu for Lunar: Genesis (Lunar: Dragon Song) have come out, a total of 6-9-6-6 (27). All had positive comments about the game, such as the traditional RPG feel of it, the easy interface, and of course the storyline. But, it suffered the most points on some displeasure with the dual battle modes. Following is LunarNET's translation of the reviewer comments from Famitsu.
<br />
<br />----------------------------------------
<br />
<br />"Lunar -Genesis-"
<br />
<br />- 6 points -
<br />It has all the feel of an orthodox-style RPG. There are many sidequests outside of the main storyline, giving it more depth. The downside is its uneven tempo. This is most apparent during battles. The idea of having two battle modes for earning experience points and items was good, but the result is bothersome and stressful.
<br />
<br />- 9 points -
<br />It's really been a while since the last game. Even the look of the battles has changed considerably. Among this, the two types of battle modes are excellent. Because the value in destroying all monsters is clear, there is more motivation to do battle. Movement from place to place is also very smooth. Although, I don't quite agree with how you tire and your strength diminishes if you use the B button to dash.
<br />
<br />- 6 points -
<br />During the main storyline, I was so completely drawn into the game. I liked the nice system where, whenever you were confused, with just one button you could view your goal and purpose. It was difficult how the pace was interrupted during battles, since you could not obtain both experience points and items at the same time. Also, it was stressful that your energy diminished in using the dash feature.
<br />
<br />- 6 points -
<br />The game is extremely convenient to play, since the graphical interface is so easy to use. But, I didn't quite like the trouble of conducting battle while trying to switch between two modes--the Virtue Mode where you earn experience points, and the Normal Mode where you obtain items. This game is designed for people who are moved by an excellent storyline and characterization.
<br />
<br />----------------------------------------
<br />
<br />There still is quite a bit to look forward to for Lunar: Dragon Song. Continue to check back for more frequent updates as the release date approaches. KF
-G1