Favorite Lunar Cut-Scenes

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Favorite Lunar Cut-Scenes

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello all :)

The idea for this thread came from another one in the SSSC section: http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?t=953

In this topic however please list and/or describe your favorite Lunar Cut-Scenes, they can range anywhere from TSS, Magic School to Dragon Song. :)

For me my list will be somewhat similiar to that which I posted in the SSSC thread:

All-time Favorite:

Ghaleon's Introduction (TSS) - For me, this one will always be easy. I think this will always be my favorite because it's the first time I heard or saw Ghaleon. Sure, the animation isn't the greatest, but Ghaleon never sounded so awesome as he did in this clip.

Honorable Mentions:

Burg Spring Song (TSS) - Again, animation wasn't great, but it really struck one of the many cords in me that made Lunar my favorite RPG series of all time. I think this really hooked me.

Ghaleon's Last Words (EB) - I really felt so sad, especially the line "Are you watching in secret Dyne..." And when he looked into the light. Wow.

Raising of the Fortress (SSS) - This was just awesome, it was such a powerful scene both literally and figuratively. I think some people have mentioned they don't like how Dark Althena sings, but I actually do. I think it was pretty cool.

Drunk Kyle (SSS) - The first time I really got to see Kyle (my second favorite TSS man) animated and he sounded and of course acted like I thought he would. I laughed out loud and loved it.

Ghaleon: Any cut-scene with Ghaleon is one that I love, so his name is to simply represent that :) I don't know how, but Ghaleon has become the best villian ever, in my opinion. The only villian that has caught my attention for any amount of time is Rasputin from Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant... but that is simply his voice. I haven't finished the game so I can't adequately compare the two villians although I'm quite sure Rasputin doesn't stand a chance :D

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

My favorites:

1) Ghaleon's Final Words - EB(C)
2) Ghaleon's Intro - EB(C)
3) Ghaleon with Lucia in Pentagulia - EB only (was removed from EBC)
4) Ghaleon and Quark - TSS
5) Lucia vs. Zophar - EBC
6) Lunar EB introduction (I don't include EBC because when I first turned on EB and saw that intro, I was in love with the game)
7) Grindery vs. Vane SSSC
8) Quark's Intro - TSS
9) Quark's Intro - SSSC
10) Ghaleon and Luna in the Garden - SSSC
-G1

Post by Guest »

Hmm it's hard to decide which ones I like best but i'll give it a try:

1. Ghaleon Vs. Quark SSSC (I just loved how he talked about his new world order :) )

2. lucia's bath scene EBC (me and my friend almost fell over laughing as lucia walked naked in the hot springs :lol: )

3. The 4 Dragons attack EBC (I always show people this mivie when I want to get them to play Lunar)

4.The two reunited (need I say more the only movie I in Lunar that I cried on :cry: and also the last great lunar cut scene)

5. Nall's entrance ( Nall's funny)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The moment that sticks out to me as favorite isn't a cutscene -- it's when the field music kicks in after Laike tells Alex to take his place as dragonmaster in TSS. That just suited the moment so well, since the music itself conveyed determination. Likewise when it first played, after Luna's capture. And again, the ending credits of TSS, showing what everyone did afterward.

Mostly cutscenes aren't as important to me, actually. Maybe because I'm not into anime and generally don't care for voices much (they break the immersion for me, since it's too easy to recall some person talking into a mike rather than seeing the characters -- puts another person between me and the characters by using a voice other than the one I'd been hearing their written dialogue in). I liked the still of Luna hugging Alex's mom in Legend, though.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Here are my favorites...but I don't know the titles, so I'll just make them up:

Vane vs. Grindary (TSS & SSSC)
Mia's Intro (SSSC)
Rise of the Fortress of Althena (SSSC)
Luna meets Ghaleon (SSSC)
Opening Credits (TSS & SSSC)

Ghost from the Past (EB & EBC)...it still sends chills through my spine
Zophar's Arrival (EBC)
Lucia vs Zophar (EB & EBC)
Lucia's Farewell (EB & EBC)...it made me cry
Opening (EB)...all I can say is Lunar + creepy hands + blood=complete awesomeness
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

MiaOne wrote:Opening (EB)...all I can say is Lunar + creepy hands + blood=complete awesomeness

Yes! The bloody hands!! It easily beats the destruction-wave-thingy in symbolic-ness and all-around coolness. And the animation was excellent. Overall I have to say I prefer the Sega/MegaCD EB opening. I like the old design of Lucia's tower and the old hand-drawn statues and such (the relief carvings are nicer in the remake, though). On the other hand, the snow-swept mountains of the Blue Star did look awesome in the remake. That was probably the best use of full-on rendering in the game.

I too really like Ghaleon and Lucia's chat in Pentagulia (S/MCD only cutscene). That was a witty bit of dialogue.

The Dragons attacking Pentagulia was stunning in the remake, but the frame-rate shat out at the end. :(

The cutscenes for the each of the Dragons in the original EB have excellent atmosphere and artistic quality, and I missed them in the remake.

I seem to recall enjoying the sequence in Magic School Lunar where Elly changes costumes, though it's been a long time since I saw it last. Elly is a strange girl. :)
「まあいいけど。」

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Luna's Boat Song - anyone who knows me should have been able to guess that. lol
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~

Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane

Post by Blue_Goddess »

SSSC:

Trinity of Terror: The transformation of the Vile Tribe Sisters... they were so gorgeous!!!

Rising of Althena's Fortress: when Dark Althena sang... sure it was a bit creepy ( glowing red eyes, her voice was really creepy...), but the fear of it vanished when i saw the Fortress rising.

Luna in the Springs: When she was singing with Alex, remember? she was just singing 'la la la', but i really liked it. as well as Alex played the Ocarina

EBC:

Hiro and Lucia in the Springs: Remember when Ruby scratched Hiro's face for staringf at Lucia naked?

Jean Dancing: The part wherein Jean dances in front of Hiro, Ronfar, and Lucia in the Caravan in the forest
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Here's my list of favorite FMVs:

TSS
Vane vs. The Grindery: not as spectacular as in SSS, but more effective. They never saw it coming.

The Dark Goddess: Completely humiliates the supposedly Evil Althena from Dragon Song. Less words, but more meaning. After seeing that, you KNOW the group is in trouble.

EB
Ghaleon Defeated: Easily my favorite FMV of the entire series. Just by watching that, you could tell he was no longer the Magic Emperor. And the following scene, where Ghaleon stands alone, smiling for the first time in a thousand years, makes it more memorable in my book.

Luna's Message: We see Luna in her true form, 'nuff said.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm mildly confused; are you only referring to the SegaCD games there? Dark Althena is hardly seen in TSS (actually, the first couple of times I played I thought she was Xenobia in really weird lighting), and Luna's true form as Luna would be in the EBC recording, not the EB one; we see Althena's form, not Luna's.

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Alunissage wrote:I'm mildly confused; are you only referring to the SegaCD games there? Dark Althena is hardly seen in TSS (actually, the first couple of times I played I thought she was Xenobia in really weird lighting), and Luna's true form as Luna would be in the EBC recording, not the EB one; we see Althena's form, not Luna's.

Yes, I was. Remember when the group encounters the Dark Goddess right after they think they've defeated Ghaleon? That's what I was referring to. Sorry if it confused you.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Oh. I had in fact completely forgotten that you see a still of her there, not just a sprite. I can't imagine I thought that was Xenobia at any point; maybe I just always blinked then. :P That's some really strange lighting in that pic, too.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Did you think she was Xenobia in the opening animation, with the song? That would make sense to me.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Probably, or when Vane was shot down (since we hadn't seen the Goddess before then, I didn't really connect Ghaleon's words with her; she didn't look like a goddess to me). I know by the time I finished the game enough time had gone past that when I put the game disc into my CD player I couldn't figure out what Nall's speaking track was because I'd totally forgotten about the opening. That's understandable, though, since when it started I had no interest at all in RPGs and would rather have been playing something else. :)