Favorite Lunar V.A.

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by phyco126 »

Fairy Rain, I remember when I used to keep playing Mia's intro movie just so that I could listen to that music :)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

I think Kyle's and Nash's are my favorites (must be something with over-the-top egos and all the enthusiasm that goes with it), but with the exception of Nall and Ruby I pretty much like all of them. Maybe it's just the super high-pitched cutesy singing that does me in. :P
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

I found Lunar Songs on Ebay once a couple of months ago. I was outbid, over $90.00. I didn't want to spend that much. :( It made me sad.
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

90 bucks? O_O I think it goes for less in Japan, actually. I picked up the entire collection of Lunar soundtracks for about $300, though my EB OST and EB Prelude are SonMay unfortunately. Songs II was the most expensive, I think, but I'm not sure.
-G1

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

It definitely goes for less, or did when I was looking. Lunar Songs 2 was the last soundtrack I got. Mine was $28, bought though a third person. However, I think I did miss one auction for it before then, for $45 or so. Songs 1 was a gift, and I'm afraid I don't remember the cost.

...and having written that much I looked up the price and spent an hour or more updating my collection spreadsheet with assorted stuff I'd never entered. Wasn't I supposed to send that to you at some point, G1?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sure though it may get lost in the shuffle at the moment. I'd be likely to have a good job in a little over a month (I've got two solid leads finally, both of which could pan out quite well) and when I do start getting a steady paycheck, I'll be collecting merchandise as quickly as possible likely. I'll hit you up at that point about it.

BTW, I take that back, my Lunar Songs was like 60 or 70. The most expensive of the bunch. Lunar Songs II was the cheaper.
-G1

That Other Person
Lostest Boy
Location: That one place over there. Next to that other place. You know where I mean.

Post by That Other Person »

Oh, well the auction was for both Lunar Songs volume 1 & 2. Would that have been good? Wether or not it would have been, I still didn't have the money to bid again. :p
When you hit the bottom, the only way to go is up... unless you carry a shovel.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

John Truitt because he's sexy. ;)
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Jyd3n
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jyd3n »

I liked the voice of Lucia in EBC. It just seemed to suit her demeanor really well, though i must agree Ghaleon was pretty darn good too

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Nall and Ruby had better VAs, I think, atleast as far as EB is concerned: MP3 clip

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Nall sounds so cute!!! *0* He reminds me of Naruto's Japanese VA (my little brother thinks so too. XD) Thanks for posting the clip. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

EB Nall's japanese voice certainly sounds younger than his english one. But, I think it suits him pretty well.

And you're right, LuNaRtIc, he does sound kinda like Naruto's japanese voice. o_O I wouldn't be suprised if Nall's seiyuu was a female.

EDIT: Well, would you look at that. I was right. XD

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Really, he had a female VA? Who was it?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm totally lost. WHICH Nall are we talking about here? There are eight games in which he has a voice.

And I finally have something to say on this topic. I was listening to Lunatic Festa 3 and 4 last night and today, and I really like Xenobia's voice; it seems to fit the character very well.

On the flip side, I'm not sure I've ever liked anything I've heard of Jenny Stigile. Except maybe the Arc III song, and the Grow III title song wasn't too bad.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote:I'm totally lost. WHICH Nall are we talking about here? There are eight games in which he has a voice.

Human form, Japanese version.

Alunissage wrote:And I finally have something to say on this topic. I was listening to Lunatic Festa 3 and 4 last night and today, and I really like Xenobia's voice; it seems to fit the character very well.

And yes, Xenobia rocks in that. Although atleast one of my Festas apparently has issues, I've discovered. (Also, for whatever reason, Ghaleon in EB for SCD sounds different than he does in Lunatic Parade; I like the way he sounds in Parade much better.)

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Well my favorite Lunar VA is and will always be John Truitt. Voice acting in most other games tend to be a little shaky and annoying, but I also really like Bob Papenbrook .... Rasputin (voice) (as John Smallberries) from Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant. He's got an AWESOME villian voice, I think it fits the character very well. I'm not fond of the character design but with his voice I can overlook it. Heck, I got so far as to say SH2's voice acting is second only to the Lunar series.

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Alunissage wrote:I'm totally lost. WHICH Nall are we talking about here? There are eight games in which he has a voice.

Katze wrote:EB Nall's japanese voice certainly sounds younger than his english one. But, I think it suits him pretty well.

And you're right, LuNaRtIc, he does sound kinda like Naruto's japanese voice. o_O I wouldn't be suprised if Nall's seiyuu was a female.

EDIT: Well, would you look at that. I was right. XD
Last edited by Katze on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The question had already been answered, thanks. :roll:

And what's up with the different name in the quote?

Katze
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Katze »

Alunissage wrote:The question had already been answered, thanks. :roll:

And what's up with the different name in the quote?

Oh, oops. NatsuRuby is the name I use at many other forums, so I just entered it there without thinking.