Making this thread so that I can ask questions that probably have short answers

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Uncle Ramus
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Making this thread so that I can ask questions that probably have short answers

Post by Uncle Ramus »

Of course everyone else is welcome to ask any burning questions they have too.

1) What is the source of this image?
sssc_splash.jpg
sssc_splash.jpg (84.95 KiB) Viewed 18973 times
I'd like to have it in higher resolution and hopefully without the quote. I want to use it as album art for the soundtrack CD.

2) Is there any meaning behind "Eternal Blue"? You know, the subtitle for the second Lunar game. We know "The Silver Star" is, well, the Silver Star. But what exactly does "Eternal Blue" mean?

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Making this thread so that I can ask questions that probably have short answers

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Eternal Blue stands for the Blue Star. The second game had to do with the Blue Star and it was about restoring it. "Eternal Blue" fits nicely into that.
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Making this thread so that I can ask questions that probably have short answers

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

This version you've attached here is a cropped version of the source material, which if I'm recalling correctly was also a poster in Japan. The source is a large vertical image with Luna's reflection and the Blue Star fully visible on the bottom. I believe it's both used as a side bar image on LUNARNet's side bar and can also be found in the promotional materials section.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

1. It's a still from the intro video for Lunar: SSSC. https://youtu.be/71ripBa8Ga8?t=38s . With a reverse image search I found this still from a YouTube video of the Making Of Lunar film:

We have this version on the Lunar-Net page, which features a fuller shot of the reflection in more muted color:

2. Blue Star, yes. I also thought that Lucia was caught up in the "Eternal" part of it, since she is immortal and watches over the Blue Star. (And she is associated with the color blue in several ways.)
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

For what it's worth, Eternal Blue is the name of the Japanese game as well. I mean, the Japanese devs gave the game an English name; it's not translated. This was also the case with all other Lunar games except the two Magic School ones.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:For what it's worth, Eternal Blue is the name of the Japanese game as well. I mean, the Japanese devs gave the game an English name; it's not translated. This was also the case with all other Lunar games except the two Magic School ones.
Also the only name changes (Japanese to English) were changing Lunar: Genesis to Lunar: Dragon Song, and Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star to Lunar: Silver Star Harmony. (And of course LWS/MSL were never ported so those don't count.)

...Lunar's actually been rather obvious about the names, tbh. "Silver" for the Silver Star / Lunar, "Blue" for the Blue Star / not-Earth-but-looks-a-lot-like-Earth. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Uncle Ramus
Lann Fisherman

Post by Uncle Ramus »

Thanks everyone! Guess I should have mentioned that I had already found that 1024x768 image though. Sorry...

But I couldn't remember exactly how I came across it and you guys refreshed my memory. Google images yields the 1024x768 image if you search for the tall/long, dark poster with the 2 Blue Stars.

And look at what Bing brings up for that same poster (this is also on a LunarNET page)

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

That image is also used in the opening of SSSC as a video
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions