All The Lunar- Physical photos + Summary Post

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
viletribe
Burg Farmer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

All The Lunar- Physical photos + Summary Post

Post by viletribe »

Well, she's here, lads.
All The Lunar.
I bought this from Amazon Japan (via ZenMarket) for $45 CAD. I waited a while to be able to ship it, and it showed up while I was waiting for a bus- So naturally I immediately dashed home when I got the text from my girlfriend that a Japanese package had shown up at our door (again, to her annoyance :p)
It's absolutely beautiful.
I popped it into my laptop after a good ten minutes of excited crying, and typed up what I experienced.
The game installer opens up with what seems to be a shop, belonging to none other than Ramus. Click on him- or anyone else around- to talk to them.

Ramus is our installer himself. Speaking to him will bring up a menu of icons, which you click to select and install.

After agreeing to terms and conditions, you’re met with an installer loading screen that features Alex and Luna walking across the screen in various game scenery. They take a lot of breaks, then Luna lets you know it’s finished when they leave the screen. It then informs you the installer is made with Macromedia and closes, with all the files installed on your computer. These files are in Japanese, so a JPN language pack on your computer is recommended.

The program is meant to run on Win95/98, so certain items won’t work on newer OS’s. There’s a lot of strange things involved including clocks, the gallery, a wallpaper changer(?) and what seems to be a Luna desktop pet.

All in all, it’s an interesting program- But I think I’d be able to enjoy it more if I could speak Japanese.

I may be posting all the files to a Google Drive so that others (maybe those who have JPN packs) can poke through it.
-Jericho-
Local Lunar fan, artist, author, gamedev and Vile Tribe Apologist.
Art in my icon is always my own.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: All The Lunar- Physical photos + Summary Post

Post by Sonic# »

A Luna desktop pet?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

I've had a tough time getting this to work on different later OSes (especially Windows XP and Win7 -- had to install a pre-Unicode language pack and trick it into thinking the entire system was Japanese). What OS are you using and did you have to do anything special to get it working? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Every time I see this referenced I"m fascinated by it simply because it seems like a true "product of it's time" but also something that had you given it to a LUNAR fan around Y2K they would have probably had a real blast. Does this mostly use the remakes assets? Like is there any new artwork included or anything of the sort that could be considered difficult to find? The cover just looks like the character scroll from the remake as one solid picture with the heroes (har) and heroines from each game prominent. And I'm guessing ultimately it just re-purposes assets for it's programs.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

In pouring through the assets I didn't find any art that was actually new. Though if I recall, there are some new music assets/files there.

Also I didn't notice earlier: $45 CAD is a fantastic price for this. Because of its rarity, it used to go for anywhere from $90 to $150 USD. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I actually knew of someone paying $400 for it new back in the day. (This was around the time I got mine used, for $95.)

Maus
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Maus »

I don't fully understand what this is, but kudos for getting a copy of it in such a nice state and for such a nice price!