Jess's Mom

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Jess's Mom

Post by Alunissage »

I clearly missed some new post notifications. :P However, earlier today I read through all of the game text pertaining to Vane, so I can add a few things. But first:
Y'know, I also wouldn't put it past him for Ghaleon to send Nash away on a pointless mission just to get him the hell away from Mia. He could've figured that his creepiness was bothering Mia but she was way too polite to say anything about it. ...though this is also the person who tried to initiate an even more uncomfortable relationship with Luna, so... KF
Both of those only apply to SSSC, not TSS. (This whole thread should be in the TSS forum, but there probably isn't much point in moving it right now.) Ghaleon only meets Luna once in TSS, and exchanges about two sentences with her. I don't think there's any suggestion of what interaction they might have had after her capture, other than of course his invoking her power to take out Vane.

And actually there's only one Vane NPC who suggests that Nash has a crush on Mia, and that person is actually pretty encouraging to Nash about it. She's far more likely to be harassed by the members of her fanclub.

Back to what I was wondering about Nash's mission, here's a bit on it:
ALEX, YOU MUST BELIEVE ME!
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT GHALEON
WAS UP TO!

YES, I TOLD HIM OF THE WHITE
DRAGON'S WHEREABOUTS, AND
YES, I DID TELL HIM ABOUT,

LUNA'S SINGING...BUT I....
ALEX!

YOU'VE GOT TO LET ME
COME WITH YOU TO HELP
FIX THIS MESS I'VE CREATED!

I WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN
ANSWER! I'M COMING ALONG!

Also, here's what Ghaleon says after Alex returns from Lann:
YOU KNOW, ONE THING'S BEEN
ON MY MIND, ALEX.

WHERE DID YOU PICK UP THAT
INTERESTING LITTLE RING
SHAPED LIKE A DRAGON?

....FROM QUARK? HMMM...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT OLD
WHITE DRAGON IS STILL
AROUND. I THOUGHT....

ALEX, SOMEDAY SOON, YOU'LL
HAVE TO TAKE ME TO HIS LAIR.

WE HAVE ALOT OF 'CATCHING
UP' TO DO...HM, HM, HM....

Of course, his diary shows that he's fully aware that Quark is still around, so maybe that line was an error.

Incidentally, I had forgotten that people think the dragons are extinct in this game. But I've only looked at the text for Caldor and Katarina so far, not the other dragon caves'.

Picking up a thread from earlier, about when Dyne "died":
THERE HAS BEEN NO DRAGON-
MASTER FOR MORE THAN 10
YEARS NOW...

THIS GUY MUST BE A FAKE!

That's in Lann. There's an NPC or two later in the game who talk about Ghaleon and Dyne going off to the Frontier and only Dyne returning, I think, but I don't know yet if there's a timeframe involved. I know that it's been 10+ years since Ghaleon closed off the Frontier and started his plan there. Not expecting any further granularity than that.