My LUNAR Collection

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My LUNAR Collection

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

I mentioned it in a prior thread but now that I've gotten a larger house with a gaming den area I managed to finally put up a small display of all my LUNAR games. I've been wanting to do this for I guess ever now but it's only taken oh the later portion of my 30s to get into a large enough house where I can display this stuff sensibly :D

https://ibb.co/fYqAKG

https://ibb.co/mntmtb

The obvious stuff is obvious. LUNAR Eternal Blue is actually behind everything in a small jewel case. I wasn't fortunate to get EB in it's original case (I bought it from FuncoLand in the 90s as thats the only place I could find a copy). The other used game was The Silver Star, which I bought in it's long box from a video rental store going out of business for around $5 back in around '95. Considering not a lot of people had Sega CDs it was in near new shape. Every other item I'm the original owner of.

The other games are mostly just stuff I'm a fan of and I rotate them out periodically with other JRPGs and fandom games. All of it I'm original owner of. Magic Knight Rayearth was the one item I bought from Working Designs back in the day and it gets a special spot. I still remember calling them up and speaking to a lady whom processed my over $80 order for it. I was a big fan of Rayearth in the 90s so I still have a lot of stuff from that series stowed in boxes.

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: My LUNAR Collection

Post by Alunissage »

It's definitely neater than mine.

BTW, watch out for the red foil on the TSS and SSSC manual/box fading. This has happened to mine, purely from indirect light. :( The other colors are fine, and the non-foil reds are fine, but the red foil itself seems to be unstable.

AkagisWhiteComet
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AkagisWhiteComet »

Yeah I've been conscious of that. Thankfully my den gets hardly any natural light. Off to the left of this is the sliding doors leading out to our patio (it's a split level home with the "den" being actually a basement). The only other natural light is a window to the right of all of this along the far wall. That window has built-in shelves also (houses mostly books, manga, other games, etc). The entire den area is around 370 sq ft rectangle shaped. For ambience sake I typically keep everything fairly low level for lighting, and as it's a partial basement it's ideally cooled in both summer and winter.

Both my TSSC complete game box and strategy guide are a bit worn, more so to my own doing. I was pretty excited back in the day to play a TSS remake and poured over the games and manuals. I wish I had bought another TSSC strategy guide as they're much more fragile than the EBC guide. Although the other thing is I simply just did not divulge into EBC complete as much so all of that is in better condition.

What did a lot of my stuff in back when I was a child was second hand smoke. My parents were hardcore smokers. Living at home I mostly kept my favorite items in boxes; games, close fandoms, etc. I've noticed in going through some items from my childhood I have a small handful of white-boxed items that have clearly yellowed slightly. I can't stand being around second hand smoke now.

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Wow! What a nice set up! I love it! ^_^
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions