lunar tattoo: almost complete (not colored)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

lunar tattoo: almost complete (not colored)

Post by The Greatest Story »

I would be interested to know if anyone could figure out what the images represent and where I found the text in the game (especially the second part!) (:

I've been waiting to figure out the right tattoo for lunar, while also keeping it very ambiguous to others... And I finally got it done. Lemme know if there are any takers to try and tell me where the text is from!! (:<

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: lunar tattoo: almost complete (not colored)

Post by Kizyr »

...were you gonna attach a pic or something? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit

I didn't know if anyone else would be excited about a piece of lifetime-lunar, or not!

* Points for guessing the background images (unfortunately there are multiple options size no color has been added)

* BIG points for finding the text !!! Might order you pizza...
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (73.5 KiB) Viewed 45780 times

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

This is gonna drive me nuts...

The Boat Song
Saith Pirate

Post by The Boat Song »

Are these dragon diamonds? I find the text a bit hard to read tbh. It looks cute though.

The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit

They ARE the dragon eye jewels! I won't say which pair they are though.. I'll repost when they're colored 1-2 years from now. Please let me know if there's a word you can't read (as its black on black right now, which I get is tough to decipher!)

The text is hidden in the game in a pretty unexpected place! The current prize is pizza if found. I know other major lunar fans love a little lunar based challenge here and there. This isn't at the level of the dark scimitar or bromide X, but it should be fun...

The Greatest Story
Nanza Bandit

Leo wrote:This is gonna drive me nuts...
If I were in your shoes, it would drive me crazy too. :twisted: :lol: :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Huh... I'm actually stumped. It's not the Sega CD games since (a) I would've certainly recognized it, and (b) ...I searched the text dump. So it'd likely be from somewhere in SSS. But other than that, I can't place it! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm thinking it's from a dragon trial but not 100% certain.
-G1

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Sorry for the late reply - changed emails and profiles (thanks Kizyr!).

As of right now I won't give any hints - I want this to be fun. :) I'll come back maybe once a month and up the prize.. Right now it's still pizza.. From a place of your choosing.

Edit: to be fair I will say that it's confirmed in LUNAR 2 eternal blue complete.. Can't wait till someone finds it :P

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'd already figured out it was in EBC, but I don't have an active game so the only way for me to check is to go over screenshot archives, and while they're good, they're not comprehensive. The Madoria carnival, for example.

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

It's definitely in an obscure location... I could mail you the game if you'd like! However, I have a feeling you're currently without it for all the appropriate reasons hahaha.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Ηiro wrote:It's definitely in an obscure location... I could mail you the game if you'd like! However, I have a feeling you're currently without it for all the appropriate reasons hahaha.
Huh? Appropriate reasons? I'm a collector. There is no Lunar game I do not own. I just don't happen to have a game of EBC in progress, and long ago misplaced the mem cards with my 70+ EBC saves, which makes checking in-game text difficult.

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Alunissage wrote:
Ηiro wrote:It's definitely in an obscure location... I could mail you the game if you'd like! However, I have a feeling you're currently without it for all the appropriate reasons hahaha.
Huh? Appropriate reasons? I'm a collector. There is no Lunar game I do not own. I just don't happen to have a game of EBC in progress, and long ago misplaced the mem cards with my 70+ EBC saves, which makes checking in-game text difficult.
I totally misunderstood !! That's amazing.. I would love to hear more about it eventually. Have a great rest of your week (:

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Is it during the storyline or should I be looking at both NPCs and bookshelves?

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

Ηiro
Lostest Boy

Post by Ηiro »

Look at NPC's, bookshelves, and anything that might illicit a textbox! (: - happy hunting

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That seems like something the Star Dragon would say in the Star Dragon Tower.

Btw, it was a bad idea having the text put on now as it's going to have to be redone when the dragon turds get colored.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

In your rush to be crass you didn't read the thread. They're the Dragon Eye Jewels, not dragon diamonds.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's not crass, it's game related. Your sense of humor is as non-existent as ever Alun. Dragon Eye Jewels are close enough to warrant the reference. :P

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ They're at least two removes away from being a dragon diamond, so the humor is too much of a stretch. At best, it's a bad pun, as if I were to say to you, "It is a green, eco-friendly reference," because crass ~ grass => green ~eco-friendly.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time