GungHo/GameArts survey about porting games to PC

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

GungHo/GameArts survey about porting games to PC

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Title is self-explanatory. GungHo released an online survey regarding GameArts and the idea of porting their games to PC.

Get to filling out the survey and tell them we want Lunar on PC.

http://gamearts.pgtb.me/G11qsW
-Nobi

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: GungHo/GameArts survey about porting games to PC

Post by Sonic# »

Question wrote: What features do you find the most important for a PC port?
Answer wrote:DRM
I can't say I've ever scorned a game for bad DRM, though I suppose some people decline to purchase a game because of it, to put it politely.

I did the poll. Thanks for letting us know Nobiyuki! And honestly I asked for Eternal Blue Complete to come to PC, because I feel like that would (a) be construed as a vote for SSSC first if it came down to it, and (b) I've got enough versions of SSSC. I'd buy another, but I'm not the perfect customer for a re-re-re-re-rerelease.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Sonic# wrote:And honestly I asked for Eternal Blue Complete to come to PC, because I feel like that would (a) be construed as a vote for SSSC first if it came down to it, and (b) I've got enough versions of SSSC. I'd buy another, but I'm not the perfect customer for a re-re-re-re-rerelease.
I asked for the same and couldn't have explained the reasoning any better.

And likewise, thanks for the heads up, Nobi!
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I fudged a little by listing EB as my favorite instead of TSS, and also putting down EBC for a port, to push things toward Lunar 2. I like EB more than EBC, but think the latter is more likely to get ported. I admit to a certain temptation to put down Dragon Song as the one needing a port, though.

JonOU812
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JonOU812 »

damn you beat me to posting a thread.

But yeah this is big/interesting news. Definitely put my vote up for EBC.
Check Out My Youtube Channel: YOUTUBE
Follow Me on Twitter: TWITTER
Watch Me Stream: TWITCH

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Very interesting! Funny thing is, I saw no sign of any such movements on the Japanese side, leading me to think this is an American initiative. By contrast, Game Arts in Japan has been re-releasing old games on PSN for their 30th anniversary, though as expected, it was all Grandia and no Lunar...I suspect the Studio Alex issue continues to thwart ports as opposed to HOSS-like remakes.

I suppose that may potentially limit what can be expected from the US side even if this is a US-only project, both in terms of versions and translations. Could anything other than a HOSS PC port be possible? I just don't know, unless they're ready to do some serious rights-wranging, I guess.
aka Maou

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

WHOA they still care about us!!!!!
I don't think i'll ever give up hope if i wanted.
Sonic# wrote:
Question wrote: What features do you find the most important for a PC port?
Answer wrote:DRM
I can't say I've ever scorned a game for bad DRM, though I suppose some people decline to purchase a game because of it, to put it politely.

I did the poll. Thanks for letting us know Nobiyuki! And honestly I asked for Eternal Blue Complete to come to PC, because I feel like that would (a) be construed as a vote for SSSC first if it came down to it, and (b) I've got enough versions of SSSC. I'd buy another, but I'm not the perfect customer for a re-re-re-re-rerelease.
We should all do this.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Sorry. I had to ask for a graphically updated TSS. I couldn't help it.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Leo wrote:Sorry. I had to ask for a graphically updated TSS. I couldn't help it.
http://lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=5531
= D
You've probably seen it though.

BTW, we should keep in mind that Capcom once did the same thing, and I remember it having lots of options about future MegaMan games and lots of platforms. This survey happened in like 2012. Absolutely NOTHING came out of that. But on the other hand, yes, GameArts has been re-releasing games lately so who knows?
We just want to help them if you think about it. Besides playing the games we already own, we want to give them money for a new version of a game. And we want them to profit.

Nonononoki
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Nonononoki »

Oh thanks for the link :-) Would be awesome to see a Lunar title on Steam

LDSai
Meryod Yokel

Post by LDSai »

Already did it. Here a youtube video by AlphaOmegaSin talking about it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCOlBV9X9g

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Just filled this out. :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152
PSN | Psychobrit08
SWITCH | SW-1497-7723-9594

** please let me know if you add me **

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I came across a link to the survey on Facebook, and I immediately ran over here!! :)
I felt like I was under a lot of pressure while taking the survey! I carefully scrutinized every question and answer, the fate of a potential Lunar port hangs in the balance! How was I supposed to choose just ONE Lunar game I would "most like to see made into a PC port"?! @_@ Aaah!!

I eventually sided with an EBC port. :) This has been the most intense thing that has happened to me so far this week! :p lol (Not sure if that's a good thing, or just incredibly sad...)
All joking aside though, this is kind of exciting! :D It's great to see GameArts asking the fans' opinions. <3
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Not such a bad thing. I've been longing for this moment for so long.
I sided with EBC too. Its obvious. It's just the one that's had the least releases of the first 2 games.
I don't care if Lunar 1 would come after Lunar 2. I think they should just remake or re-release Lunar 2 before anything else at this point.
If they keep doing Lunar 1, not many people might care? I dunno. Maybe they might care. But it's common opinion to see people tired of it's re-releases. I wouldnt mind it at all though.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

As soon as I saw AlphaOmegaSin video on this survey, I didn't even watch his video first. I jumped on that survey and filled it out! Like others here, I decided to choose EBC as a PC port too. I personally chose EBC because the only way you can really play EBC is on the PSX, unless you buy a Sega CD and play the original. Lunar SSS has a million ports, but Lunar 2 has nothing. Plus, Lunar 2 is my favorite in the series so I am a bit bias. :P

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

I've managed to get 3 of my friends to fill out the survey too, who played the games and liked it. Maybe I can get a few more.
Anyone else getting others to fill it out?

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

jay_are wrote:I've managed to get 3 of my friends to fill out the survey too, who played the games and liked it. Maybe I can get a few more.
Anyone else getting others to fill it out?
I've seen the survey cycling through my feed on Facebook, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how many of my friends are taking it! I'm even more surprised to see so many people making positive comments about Lunar when I see a link to the survey! Lunar fans do exist and walk among us!! ;) lol!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Got one more friend to fill it out : D
Yes they do exist... such a shock : O
I see lots of comments on youtube and other pages that talk about this news.
With how sales and reception had been for the PSP release, I thought we were doomed.

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

So, looks like the survey results lead to Grandia II getting a HD port for PC. I'm disappointed nothing Lunar came from this. :(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/acclai ... n=homepage

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Dark_Fairy wrote:So, looks like the survey results lead to Grandia II getting a HD port for PC. I'm disappointed nothing Lunar came from this. :(

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/acclai ... n=homepage
God damnit!