Megadrive Fan Mag with Nall on Cover

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Megadrive Fan Mag with Nall on Cover

Post by Shiva Indis »

I'd been wondering if this magazine was published long enough to cover EB, and I'm glad to see that it was.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I'm really hoping to someday turn up an attack guide or the like for EB (similar to the ones for TSS that Megadrive Fan and other mags put out), since as far as I've found, there are no guides for it. Makes it harder to compare stats. I know WD tweaked spell costs, and almost certainly made Borgan less difficult, but it's rather harder to tell what changes might've been made to regular monsters.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage, I found a magazine relevant to your interests:

http://livedoor.blogimg.jp/slime_matome ... 02d9-s.jpg

Megadrive Fan changed its name to Saturn Fan the month after Lunar 2 released, but apparently there was still plenty of Megadrive-related content in there through 1995.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Cool, thanks! I do have a couple of issues of Saturn Fan, but they're from when SSS was released. I wasn't sure when the name change happened.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sorry I haven't forgotten about this, I've just been a little too busy to get around to it... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone... there is a Lunar novel on the Kindle?! Is it in English?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

^Yes, it was released just after SSH. It's an English translation of Shiegma's first SSS novelization, but this first book is all we ever got.

http://www.amazon.com/LUNAR-Silver-Star ... B004E9UC9W
「まあいいけど。」

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Aaah!! Thank you so much for sharing, Arlia! It's sooo cute! <3
I've never seen any of this before! Yay for new Nall art! :D (Well, new to me, at least! lol)

EDIT: Totally putting the baby Nall picture in my signature. He's too adorable to pass up! ;A; <3 Thank you again for sharing the magazine with us, Arlia! Nall art always brightens my day! :)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I was thinking of making that picture my avatar or sig, but didn't want to upset Alunissage, though she gets the magazine in the event of my death. You did a good job patching it up! Although I do apologize again for the fuzzy edges.. I would've had to have smashed the magazine's spine against the scanner for a clearer picture.

Baby Nall... too cute.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hahaha, thanks. I think I'm mainly over it. :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Hi Arlia! My apologies for taking so long to get around to this. But, I've finally gotten around to translating this, and would like to put it up on LunarNET in the next week.

Only problem is, there are a few pages and sections missing from the scans you took... Would you be able to take some scans of the following?
- Page 60 (entire page, including the section at the bottom)
- Pages 67-71 (not all of the text on the seams is legible or in the detailed scans, and p.70 is missing)

Hopefully this isn't a bother... Thanks all the same! If you can just get around to some of this, then if you can scan p.60, I can at least put up the translation of the manga sections. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ahh, that's so awesome! Looks like lots of great stuff in there!

Greco12
Pao Hunter

Post by Greco12 »

Heh, the gag comic made me chuckle. I wonder if Nall's thought bubble with an elderly Luna is a reference to the fact that Luna is growing to grow old like any mortal?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Greco12 wrote:Heh, the gag comic made me chuckle. I wonder if Nall's thought bubble with an elderly Luna is a reference to the fact that Luna is growing to grow old like any mortal?
In the panel before, Nall says that they've been drifting on the sea for a few decades. In that panel, he makes a joke about how they need to change the title now to "Luna: The Silver-Haired Star" (...at least that's how I'm translating the pun). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I'm so sorry, Kizyr, I know you must have been hard at work. My internet was actually disconnected on a fundamental level by mistake from our provider, and today, after almost a month, we got it back.

I'll get the magazine out and try to get it scanned by tonight. I'm sorry I missed them.

Thanks so much!! I wasn't going to hold it against you if you never translated it; I'm sure you're busy, but thanks!!

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I didn't forget, but I sent Kizyr a message a few days ago, he hasn't responded. If anyone else has another contact method, they might tell him he has a message.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, I could write him a snail-mail letter... =) I expect he'll see it all whenever he can, but it wouldn't surprise me if he were either really busy or traveling.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I just feel bad because he asked ten days before I was able to respond. >_<

If he usually travels around now, I have confidence he'll see it when he has time, but thanks for the offer.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok I got back to this!

Arlia, I sent you back a response. Sorry for the delay! I wasn't actually travelling, but just taking a break for a while... Didn't mean to alarm anyone. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

So, update...

It's taken me a while longer to translate because of some competing obligations. But anyway, I do have nearly everything I'm willing to translate except for the short story done. I also made some higher-quality scans of the whole thing (including the Kikuko Inoue interview -- which I'm not translating, by the way).

Because of how much longer it may take to tackle the story, what I think I'll do is split this into two, and post what I have now sooner (my goal is within the next week, but definitely before MAGFest). I'll then try to translate the story next and post that later. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)