How big are Althena statues?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Leo
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

How big are Althena statues?

Post by Leo »

I was having one of those "What if?" thoughts on the Lunar related things I'd do if money was no object and the idea of someone making a "full sized" Althena statue popped into my head. I never stopped to think what size that would be until just now.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: How big are Althena statues?

Post by Sonic# »

There may be a more official answer. Going off of the relative size of the sprites, does 10-15 feet sound right? I've always imagined it about the size of a statue I might run across at the park, or (for SSSC and after) a statue in a cathedral.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Well the sprites are the same size for all of the characters even though Kyle is definitely taller than Alex in the videos. Are there any instances of an Althena statue visible in any of the FMV? Maybe we could estimate better that way.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but looking at the artbooks might help. There might be concept sketches with scale people. That's just a guess, though, and my books are alllll the way across the living room from me.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:I can't think of any off the top of my head, but looking at the artbooks might help. There might be concept sketches with scale people. That's just a guess, though, and my books are alllll the way across the living room from me.
I can't find anything definitive... I'd go with Sonic#'s method in absence of that. Based on where you usually find Althena's statues, and the relative size of other things around it, I think about 3 meters is a good estimate. Definitely larger than average human-sized, but no larger than could fit inside of a building. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Kizyr wrote:
Alunissage wrote:I can't think of any off the top of my head, but looking at the artbooks might help. There might be concept sketches with scale people. That's just a guess, though, and my books are alllll the way across the living room from me.
I can't find anything definitive... I'd go with Sonic#'s method in absence of that. Based on where you usually find Althena's statues, and the relative size of other things around it, I think about 3 meters is a good estimate. Definitely larger than average human-sized, but no larger than could fit inside of a building. KF
Now lets estimate how big the one in Azado is. :lol: