dragonmaster for a bad guy

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Alunissage
Goddess
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Alunissage »

phyco126 wrote:I still say that Lucia or Lunar had any part in restoring the Blue Star. Someone just accidently left their car running.

Sorry, Phyco, but this seems to be missing a word and I really don't get what you mean.

Does anyone protect Lucia at all in EB? Besides Hiro's getting her to Ronfar (and of course taking the crystallizing shot for her in EB, though I imagine Ghaleon intended to get him all along to push Lucia into realizing things) The dragons attack Pentagulia, but I don't remember that being so much to do with her as to take down Zophar. In EB, the Phantom Sentry (who is likely also the Star Dragon) actually attacks Lucia, along with the rest of the party. At least I don't recall her not being in that battle; away from my references I'm suddenly unsure.

Re Hiro and being fit to be a dragonmaster, I remember a review of SSSC commenting that Alex's love for Luna seems so overriding that saving the world is almost secondary. I suppose the distinction is perhaps that Alex had always wanted to be dragonmaster. (I wonder if his parents, knowing the prophecy, guided him in that direction.) Hiro wants to learn about history and legends, but doesn't say anything about taking an active role beyond that of archaeologist, I think. Then again, he wouldn't dream of being dragonmaster because there aren't any anymore.

Say, why does everyone know that Alex was the last dragonmaster but not that Althena stepped down? Doesn't anyone wonder why there haven't been any in a thousand years? The dragons still exist. They believe Althena still exists (or the Fake Althena wouldn't have had much of a chance). But what explanation is there for why they don't think a dragonmaster should have existed in all that time? Maybe just because Ghaleon was thwarted, but that doesn't seem big enough to make the role of dragonmaster obsolete after it was over.

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

One of the books in Vane says that the Dragonmaster only appears when the Goddess does. But the Dragonmaster doesn't appear every time the Goddess does.

Also, the books contradict themselves.

Vane calls Alex the last Dragonmaster...and he is.

Yet there's Ghaleon, assuming that title. Much to his own distaste. Of course, Ghaleon's so strong he can pull off faking it without claiming the title.

So, Fake Althena had a Fake Dragonmaster indeed. And people in Pentagulia assume the role's filled.

Since there were no Althenas showing up in the flesh till the fake, they assumed there was no need for a Dragonmaster.

So, they figure Fake Althena is just another reincarnation (That took a really long time.) Then, Ghaleon shows up to play Dragonmaster for her, and it all makes sense to the people. Zophar's no dummy, when it comes to setting things up.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Alunissage wrote:
phyco126 wrote:I still say that Lucia or Lunar had any part in restoring the Blue Star. Someone just accidently left their car running.

Sorry, Phyco, but this seems to be missing a word and I really don't get what you mean.

Oh, I meant "I still say that Lucia or Lunar didn't have any part in restoring the Blue Star. Someone just accidently left their car running."

I was making fun of greenhouse gasses :P