If Lunar 2 came out for Vita...

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.

How many copies of a new Lunar 2 would you buy?

15%
62%
No votes
No votes
23%

Total votes: 13

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: If Lunar 2 came out for Vita...

Post by jay_are »

Alunissage wrote:I collect Lunar games, so I have one of every variant ever released. That means seven copies of TSS for the different disc art, five of SSSC, etc.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: That is a dream come true. I actually have two copies of TSS with specific art I liked.
Alunissage wrote:The boxes were constructed slightly differently so I wouldn't be surprise if one was a bootleg.
Way to get my curiosity :shock: it may be off-topic but I want to see that, if it's still somewhere.
Alunissage wrote:The only thing I've kept sealed, though, is my MegaCD EB demo. That's because I unexpectedly found two copies within a week
OMG...
Alunissage wrote:Oh, and I think I have the regular-edition Korean SSS PC jewel case still shrinkwrapped, because I already owned and had opened the LE one and the game discs were the same.
I really seriously wish to have the PC version! .... But maybe not so seriously to pay the high price it sells for today when it rarely appears. They should port it to Steam. Wait no, nevermind. That's too much money and risk involved etc.
Alunissage wrote:(Can't say the same for my mom's dog, who chewed the life out of my sister's Minish Cap cartridge -
Nooohhhhhhhh!!
Alunissage wrote:Though come to think of it she has my Link Between Worlds game right now.)
:shock: ............... near a dog that likes Zelda so much, you risked it?
TempestOne wrote:That concept is so unheard of where I'm from.
LOL hey, it's not like it's a common thing to do. No one I know has EVER owned an extra copy of a game just for me or others to borrow. I can count with 1 hand the games I have 2 copies of. Kinda.
But some people do this with the one game they like most.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

I've replaced Pokémon Red Version when I lost it or it got stolen but I got the Blue Version in its place. How would you know if you even like the game that much when you haven't even played it or even opened it on release? It seems like a waste of money to my own personal account when you first make the transaction. It doesn't seem legit when one person buys half the entire stock - maybe if they helped spread the word and different consumers and buyers come into the picture - yes. I can see helping out the series in that way if a gamer is like a street team that pays it forward. There's only one reason to keep sealed games and that's to sell it at a later date. Which I'd have no problem with, hehe, it's funny to me.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

TempestOne wrote:How would you know if you even like the game that much when you haven't even played it or even opened it on release? It seems like a waste of money to my own personal account when you first make the transaction. It doesn't seem legit when one person buys half the entire stock
LOL very good question man! It's puzzling. Imagine going to the store and standing there in front of that 1 game you've waited 10 years for.
"Do I buy it?... Do I buy 2?... What if I won't even like it? Can't I just buy 1 copy, try it, and sell it if the game sucks? What if I can't sell it? GameStop only gives you 3 dolla for a used game. My friends will hate me if I give them a game that sucks. Ohhhhh the dilemma. I will never make this!"

Ok, jokes aside...
It doesnt have to be on release date and it doesnt have to be half the entire stock.

If you're quick with games, and most people are, you will know if you like it within just 1 to 3 days of playing it the first time.
See that abandoned Silver Star Harmony save you have? I won't blame you, but there's people that played the whole game within the first 3 days after release. Then you decide if you think your friends must play or own it too.
Some people just see a game I'm trying out for 5 seconds, and that was enough to make them go and buy the game AND EVEN finish it before I could.

So yup! That's how you know if you will like it or not before buying. By seeing it first. There are trailers now and demos and youtube :P its easy.

TempestOne

Post by TempestOne »

Oh, I get it. You just want to. For the Hell of it. Hehe.

I think I played the demo of Silver Star Harmony and I downloaded the game to play in the future or just later. And, I forgot 'cause I got really busy.

I lost all interest, nearly, in videogames mid-way into the PlayStation 2 just because I think I was getting older and my interests lay in other things, obviously. That's really the only reason. Then I bought a PlayStation 3 'cause *drool* Blu-ray and some of the games were really good. I totally forgot about the PlayStation 2 - almost abandoning it - but I've recently started diving online a bit more than usual and my interest in the hobby have peaked once again. I randomly bought a SEGA-CD and the LUNARs for it, for Christ's sake. Been looking into SEGA Saturn stuff, too, while I play some equally random unfinished PSX games.

I'm really interested in the PlayStation Portable right now and handheld gaming in general like the Nintendo DS RPGs. I'm just torn because I have a ton of questions about playing catch-up in gaming circles but the GameStop employees either look hatefully at me when I enter the store with eyes shooting daggers looks for absolutely no reason or they're too busy chit-chatting amongst themselves when it's nearly empty inside and it makes everyone around me feel like walking out that I kind of do, too. Anyway, I'm just like I want all those physical copies of PSP games but with the PS Vita I feel like I'd be going backwards on a more up-to-date system.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I don't always buy multiple versions of the same game.

But when I do, it's a Lunar game.

(Runs and hides)
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Hahaha. I'd say that too, except that I've ended up with multiple versions of every Zelda game but the last three. Had less reason to double up once the NA releases were no longer after the JP ones. Minish Cap and Lunar Dragon Song share the distinction of being the only games I have in three regions though.

And I guess we have multiples of nearly all of the Ys games. Kind of hard not to for that series though. Hm, maybe should start a thread for this.