Lunar Timeline - Please help!

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar Timeline - Please help!

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Hello everyone,

I am editing an old Lunar fan fiction of mine (it desperately needs it!) and I'm looking for Lunar timelines. I've found one at The Shrine to Ghaleon that Rune put together, but I was wondering if there were others made since then? Not that that one is bad mind you. I thought perhaps I'm overlooking it somewhere here on the site.

Any help is greatly appreciated - thanks!

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Lunar Timeline - Please help!

Post by Shiva Indis »

Lunar-net does have a timeline, is it similar to Rune's? http://lunar-net.com/timeline.php

Something not unrelated I've been thinking about...

On the back of the box for Lunar 2, it says it's set 1000 years after Lunar 1. I've concluded that WD made this up because Game Arts is vague about it, but they were thinking about half that amount of time. In the script it's been a few hundred years since Lunar 1. In the artbook Nall is about 400.
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, I think we figured at some point that WD went with 1000 years for standard RPG round-numbered drama. I recall seeing Nall's age in the artbook as being 500-600, but can't check; apparently the box my artbooks got packed in haven't been emptied since my move. >_<

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Thanks a lot for the help! I figured I was probably overlooking the timeline somewhere. I have the Lunar 2 TSS and EB artbook as well. I can scan the Nall pages if that will help in the meantime :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Also, the '34 Altar date is only in the WD translation (Ghaleon's diary entry is undated in the Japanese game). Not that it matters for the relative years, but it should probably be noted, if it isn't already, that the timeline is heavily biased toward the translations, unsurprisingly.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Shiva, one of these days, I'll have to get with you and Kiz to update this thing and at least note where WD made additions from the Japanese text.

Just looking back at this thing for the first time in probably 5 years... my writing really sucks... really, one of these days I'd love to do a complete overhaul of the site using newer design techniques and have much of this stuff re-written.
-G1

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Your memories are correct indeed! Nowhere in any Japanese packaging is 1000 years mentioned, nor in any version of Eternal Blue itself, in my recollection. Weird as the artbook ages for everyone are, without looking at it (just as well, as I've left it in another country) I can still recall that yes, Nall and friends are tagged at 400 or 600 years or so. I think "500-600." Nall of course would be the best source, outside of Ghaleon, who I think does not have an age listed, in favor of "stopped aging due to being dead," ha.

1000 years is a prettier number, I admit. Though come to think of it, part of the charm and relatability of Eternal Blue's world is that so much has been lost over the centuries, just as in real life---like Hiero, we wonder what is accurate and what is invisible or vanished. This strikes me as a good reason why the actual passage of years is never detailed.
aka Maou