iOS Lunar delayed?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

iOS Lunar delayed?

Post by jay_are »

Not so many people are talking about it!
So I decided to search and found this thread:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthrea ... 618&page=9

A user in this forum named Nall apparently is working with Somoga and was giving some info about how the game port was going.
They said it's even going to have multiple control options!
It seems it was going to be released last year around September or before!
It got delayed obviously and his last post was on December 14th when he said that they were going to update their website with info about Lunar iOS in general for those who never played any Lunar before.
But obviously the website was also never updated.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: iOS Lunar delayed?

Post by Aaron »

Waaa? Lunar delayed? LOL

I suppose a lot of people are burned out on these remakes. What are we at now? 5?

Lunar The Silver Star
Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar on GBA
Lunar Silver Star Harmony
Lunar IOS

I hope that the price isn't ridiculous like $10. I don't think I would spend more then $5. Especially if they added something. I hope they don't do to Lunar what they did to that other game they did.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Aaron wrote: I hope that the price isn't ridiculous like $10. I don't think I would spend more then $5. Especially if they added something. I hope they don't do to Lunar what they did to that other game they did.
Please tell more, are you talking about Vay?
What wrong did they do that you hope they dont repeat it?
I would think $10 is really affordable. Depending on what it is they did to Vay.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

Yes I was talking about Vay

Apparently they decided to add their own animation to the battle scenes. As well as their own avatars. Only problem is that whoever did the art work did an awful job. From what I've seen in screen shots it was terrible.

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

It's not terrible! Well, it isnt better either. It's odd. Theres more detail, but most of the stuff looks like done by a kid.
SegaCD Vay could use improvement, but it was not done right.
There's no way they can do that with PS1 Lunar cause there's a lot more art.
There's no time, and no space for improvement either.

Besides we got a screenshot of the battle system last year:

http://ipod-touch-max.ru/wp-content/upl ... shot-5.png

We have the fonts changed, but the game looks the same except stretched and blurry to fit the screen.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It's just good to know Lunar's still on, though. I'm excited to see what they'll do with it. Even if it involves slapdash re-drawing of things.
「まあいいけど。」

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

If you read the last pages of the thread, you discover that the game was finished LAST YEAR!
They are only waiting an approval of some sort....

And the letter for approval probably got lost in the mail. *sigh*

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

Is it sad that I, who has no apple products will buy one just for this game?

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

S.ninja wrote:Is it sad that I, who has no apple products will buy one just for this game?
I too will!
But I really am not buying anything untill the game really sees the light of day.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Between this and getting the PSX ports to PSN there sure is a lot of red tape to go through.

AlexofBurg
Lostest Boy

Post by AlexofBurg »

localflick wrote:Between this and getting the PSX ports to PSN there sure is a lot of red tape to go through.
Have they confirmed that they're doing the PSX versions on the PSN? Because that would be beyond amazing :mrgreen:

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

S.ninja wrote:Is it sad that I, who has no apple products will buy one just for this game?
No, at least not around here. The existence of Vay for iOS was a nonnegligible component of my deciding to get an iPhone (which was the first Apple product I'd owned since we got the Apple II+ in 1981), I bought an Asian Saturn to play the Lunar Saturn games, and my husband bought an Xbox 360 because I picked up a two-dollar Burger King game for it. And I nearly forgot that we got a PSP for Lunar HSS.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Have they confirmed that they're doing the PSX versions on the PSN? Because that would be beyond amazing
It's been brought up in a few interviews, and a reddit IAMA (ctrl+F for "psn"). The answer is usually something like in the IAMA "working in it, but the license is complicated."

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Alunissage wrote:
No, at least not around here. The existence of Vay for iOS was a nonnegligible component of my deciding to get an iPhone (which was the first Apple product I'd owned since we got the Apple II+ in 1981), I bought an Asian Saturn to play the Lunar Saturn games, and my husband bought an Xbox 360 because I picked up a two-dollar Burger King game for it. And I nearly forgot that we got a PSP for Lunar HSS.
I bought a psp then traded it in a year later only to find out lunar was coming out for it So I bought a brand new shiny PSP and the video out cable just for SSH so your not alone and yes we're weirdos for it.

S.ninja
Red Dragon Priest

Post by S.ninja »

lol good to know I'm not alone