Lunar The Last Hope

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar The Last Hope

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

Ghaleon777 wrote:This project was looking so good... i hope someday it will happen
My thoughts precisely. Please don't give up completely. Please come back to it someday!

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:
Ghaleon777 wrote:This project was looking so good... i hope someday it will happen
My thoughts precisely. Please don't give up completely. Please come back to it someday!
You know what was holding us to completely do it? the battle system... we couldn`t never replicate the battle system of Lunar 1 and 2, RPG Maker VX Ace is limited, and its mostly used for normal turn based games like Final Fantasy... i recently took the idea to continue with this project but not under the "The Last Hope", instead i wanted to do a Lunar game were you could play with all your fav characters in Quests, kind of the idea that Punisher had for this game (since i am not a writer so i can`t come with a good story for Lunar and also i don`t want to mess anything)...
With a guy we tried to do the Lunar battle system but its not fully functional and as lot of glitches, however, if the battle system doesn`t matter that much i will do it, people kept saying that is a must for Lunar, on the other hand Lunar Legend as got a normal turn based system and as got a good reception overall, what killed that game was how short it was i think...
I have everything i need (minus the battle system) for a Lunar fan game, i really want to do it, but this system is holding me back.

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

This comment will come off as ignorant as I am in terms of how much it takes to design, program, integrate a system but would that be a herculean task? If the system is holding you back, make a new system!

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:This comment will come off as ignorant as I am in terms of how much it takes to design, program, integrate a system but would that be a herculean task? If the system is holding you back, make a new system!
Its almost impossible to make, like i said, we tried with a guy but its not very workable, we are not pro scripters haha, the other guy named Jakoo is the one who created that battle system, but its kind of a mess right now, and he stopped working on the project too (im sending messages to him but he is not active anymore it seems...) So all i am alone in this and my only hope to continue it is with the basic battle system of Final Fantasy.
This whole video and battle system was made by me back in 2015 with Punisher on scripts/story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVjIA3TftA

Then came Jakoo and tried to replicate the battle system:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaFmp7HEFdg

It may look OK in that video but its not, problem comes when various characters are on the screen...

Haru
Pao Hunter

Post by Haru »

Can this battle script being converted to rpg maker mv version?
Ghaleon777 wrote:
Dragon Master Lunar81 wrote:This comment will come off as ignorant as I am in terms of how much it takes to design, program, integrate a system but would that be a herculean task? If the system is holding you back, make a new system!
Its almost impossible to make, like i said, we tried with a guy but its not very workable, we are not pro scripters haha, the other guy named Jakoo is the one who created that battle system, but its kind of a mess right now, and he stopped working on the project too (im sending messages to him but he is not active anymore it seems...) So all i am alone in this and my only hope to continue it is with the basic battle system of Final Fantasy.
This whole video and battle system was made by me back in 2015 with Punisher on scripts/story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urVjIA3TftA

It may look OK in that video but its not, problem comes when various characters are on the screen...

Ghaleon777
Lostest Boy

Post by Ghaleon777 »

Haru wrote:Can this battle script being converted to rpg maker mv version?
Ghaleon777 wrote:

Hey buddy... this script cant be ported to MV, MV is pretty useless for me anyway, VX Ace is the most complex one, we used Theolized Battle System with HEAVY edits from Jackoo to make that range system.