Lunar The Last Hope

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Punisher699
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar The Last Hope

Post by Punisher699 »

Sorry I know it's been a while , but don't worry guys I'm still here .
Last year , I moved to another province , they lost my PC and all my tvs (yeah i know , it's not really lost... )
so I lost EVERYTHING that was in my project. Right now , I'm still working on something else , something
really better . There is NO LINK between my game and Lunar series . BUT I'm still using all the graphics
and the knowledges i got from lunar .

Now , i don't know if i can keep going here , because there is no link.
If not , I'll keep you informed , and I'll give you my youtube channel pretty soon.

Thank you

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Are you serious? Lunar The Last Hope is gone?
Yikes... and with a title like that, too. That is like extremely disheartening...
We should all learn from this, to back up our stuff more frequently. Even I have lost a lot of data and still seem too busy to back up and organize my stuff, so as of right now, i'm not safe either.

Wait, a new project, with the graphics of Lunar, but unrelated to Lunar? And if you use the knowledge you learned, it will most likely have a very similar system too. That's gonna be hard to consider unrelated!!

I have a suggestion: Why not just create a small episode related to what you wanted to do with Lunar?
I ... "kinda" develop games myself, and from personal experience and having a busy life, the only way I get things done and good is by making small projects, or dividing a bigger project into small episodes, so people get to see and become interested, if it's good.

It's tough to find something good to get motivated to work with. And since you seem eager to make games, why let it go to waste by trying to make something too big, then getting it lost?

Just a suggestion!

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

You are complety right on that point man . It's always easier to start working a on small project and get motivated.
I know my project was way too big . I just want to create a game where u can have the same experience as i had .
Don't forget that i'm working on rpg maker on my own , don't expect having a game where u can play hours and hours.
I'm not God yet ... not yet . I actually loved playing these 2 games . But this is completely over now , and that's good !
Lunar doesn't need a sequel . First I do it for myself , and I want to share you what I'm doing because we all fans of Lunar right ?

What I want to create , it's a game where u can enjoy battles , level ups , monster hunts, 10 playable characters , you'll able to play
Luna , Ramus , Laike , Nall , Tempest , what u couldn't .

The easiest way to create a game it's to create a large village , with dungeons around , missions , monster hunts,level up,many
playable characters, bosses and a LOT of hours to spend .Like Atelier Iris 3 , if you know this game.

See ya

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Punisher699 wrote:i'm working on rpg maker on my own
Hehe, nothing wrong with that. I am the same too. I use RPG Maker. I've made quite a lot of projects from start to end. Sadly, they are specific to people I know, so it's impossible to share with the world. There was ONE game I decided to share with the world once. It was my "big and only project". And it was received really well too! But it was still too flawed, cause I made it when I was still too young. (Started at age 11 and finished at around age 14). But if I shared it with for example the Lunar community, first I would like to give that game a full perfect remake. ANYWAY... my point is that I'm probably more than just familiar with all you've went through so far!
Punisher699 wrote:Lunar doesn't need a sequel
But that's demotivating. It is already demotivating enough to work alone in a project that not many people will know about. Try to make it something worthy of seeing! Something the fans have waited for! In no time you will find needs for a sequel and people waiting for it.
Punisher699 wrote:and a LOT of hours to spend
Like I said, there is nothing wrong with a short game! Sometimes, it takes 5 minutes to fall in love with a game. Not going to give you orders, you're your own boss :P
But if I was... make a 1 hour long game. This game will have a deep story, 1 or 2 towns, 1 or 2 dungeons, and a final boss. (watch as you shave off hours of unnecessary grinding from your game :lol: )
But find a partner. You seem to be the tech guy that creates the game itself. Find a friend that is interested in a story, and try to impress him/her. If it happens, you will have created an awesome game! Length is of little importance because you are making this for free.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

With all the time it takes to script a good and complete battle system , so I love grinding lol
I need a story for sure ... but I'm not really good. I prefer to script and create events .
I'm working on the menu right now , i got some issues , but i'm fine .

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

Scripting????

That is my worst nightmare, my scariest dream, and my sexiest enemy.
I KINDA want someone to take the time and explain to me how to script. But at the same time, it looks like so much trouble... I like eventing. That is how I do everything.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

I finished my battle template , i got 19 different pose ... am I missing something ?

https://imageshack.com/i/ncxdwqp

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

I'm currently working on my project. The next update will be a big one. I must leave for training on August 26th until October 16th.
So do not expect to hear from me until the middle of October

See ya

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Hey Guys !!

I'm working on a demo just to show you what I did so far

But for now here's 2 pics

Alex_Pwns_Hiro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Alex_Pwns_Hiro »

Happy to hear the project is still being made! When will the demo be ready?

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

I'm sorry to disappoint you but for now I'll offer a demo video . I actually restarted from the very beginning.
I'm not using the same software to create my game ... so really from the beginning .

So I'll start my project when everything else is set. Talking about all systems (battles,menu,addons,and more).
Because if I start and I need to stop every single time because something is not scripted , it'll be bad .

What I wanted to create initially, this is a game where you have only a large village and several dungeons to explore .
There is a short, simple story at the beginning and that will take you to explore all the dungeons in search of something.
It's very similar to the game " Atelier Iris 3" if you've already played .Why like this? How about a story like Lunar ?
It is very simple , I 'm all alone in this project and in this way , it is much easier to move on and create something to play.
Because it's much more faster to create a large village and dungeons using same tilesets.

This is what I have in mind.

Now I'm ready to take any help from anybody and this way I will be more motivated :P

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

I just did a quick gif . I wanted to animate a big monster :P

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Here some screenshots !
Faces are not completely done ! They will change depending on how much hp remains ( full(100%)happy , (99% to 25%)Normal , less than 25% Angry)

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

We are two guys working on this project now . I got approx 20-30 mins of gameplay (no battles) just scenes.
Some stuff changed , so I'll let you informed on that!

See ya guys !

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Hey guys !! From now on we are 2 on this project !

We wanted to show you this small video , I hope you'll like it ! :P

http://youtu.be/urVjIA3TftA

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Lunar The Last Hope just ends ... sorry guys !

This project will end before its 10 000 views ... sad
It was going really well but sadly the other guy just left the project , it's his own decision that I can't do anything about it .
And now I'm alone again , and I don't have much time to keep going by myself , I knew what it was to be with someone else on this project ,
and now I'm alone , it was great , but now it means nothing .

Thank you for those 2 1/2 - 3 years !

Take care and keep hoping for a new Lunar !

maybe this Last Hope will be real .... this time ...

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Punisher699 wrote:It's a dead man's party...

Jakoo56
Burg Farmer

Post by Jakoo56 »

I'm just gonna drop that here... https://rpgmaker.net/games/8940/

Enjoy.

brit
White Dragon Knight

Post by brit »

Oooo this looks nice so far! :D

3DS | 3652-1775-0152