Lunar The Last Hope

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Punisher699
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar The Last Hope

Post by Punisher699 »

Lunar The Last Hope just ends ... sorry guys !

This project will end before its 10 000 views ... sad
It was going really well but sadly the other guy just left the project , it's his own decision that I can't do anything about it .
And now I'm alone again , and I don't have much time to keep going by myself , I knew what it was to be with someone else on this project ,
and now I'm alone , it was great , but now it means nothing .

Thank you for those 2 1/2 - 3 years !

Take care and keep hoping for a new Lunar !

maybe this Last Hope will be real .... this time ...

PS: This last hope was mine too ... I'm sad when I think about it...
Last edited by Punisher699 on Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:55 am, edited 26 times in total.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Re: A little question for you guys

Post by Punisher699 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bb1xUwl ... e=youtu.be

and dont forget guys, that's just a small demo of what my game looks like ... anyway i did a lot more than just that :P

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I love you. But I don't know about any of the ripping stuff. Perhaps you might want to find out about that kind of stuff on http://rpgmaker.net/

Sorry! Good luck with your endeavor.

Je ne parle pas français, mais je voudrais aider dans votre projet. Cela s'est traduit par Google Translate.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

thank u a lot for ur french traduction ! that's really good !So , u want to help me with my game ? Do u have any
knowledges with rpgmaker ,script, or anything else ?

The thing i would like to know ... if there is a way to get voice of each characters in battle , like when ghaleon laugh , or when jessica say in battle "Althena, lend me your power!" . I dont know if i can just record the whole music and just cut the voice ...

And i will post many other pictures et videos soon of what i made so far 8-)
Last edited by Punisher699 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Re: Lunar Rpgmaker project

Post by Punisher699 »

Long long time ago ... in 2002 on "makersfarplace" website . http://makersfarplace.free.fr/

http://makersfarplace.free.fr/index2.ph ... &type=Jour

Was the begining of my first project "Lunar The Memorial" created by rpgmaker 2000

It was a demo , of the entire map of Port Saith from Lunar Silver Star Story Complete
but i lost that project long time ago ... so sad ... :cry:

But in the past ,it was so really difficult to ripped all that stuff , screenshot by screenshot ... so i abandonned the project .
but now is different ! i got so much ressources from lunar 1-2 , and rpgmaker xp is really better , the only problem , the resolution is 640x480 , instead of the psx "320x240" ... but it doesnt matter to me 8-)

PS: And i dont know if i can ... but i will post here all news , photos , and videos of my project , for all the fans of lunar series !!! :P

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Punisher699 wrote:The thing i would like to know ... if there is a way to get voice of each characters in battle , like when ghaleon laugh , or when jessica say in battle "Althena, lend me your power!" . I dont know if i can just record the whole music and just cut the voice ...
You will probably have to rip the voices using a program. There is a program called PSXMC that I think can rip the battle voices. I know it can rip all the voiced dialogue in the game, so I would assume it could also rip the battle voices from the games. However, I do not remember for sure, since it has been a while since I used the program.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

^ This. I don't have much to add, except that I wish you the best. I watched your demo video, and I enjoyed it.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

http://www.spriters-resource.com/psx_ps ... index.html

Here is a great site for Lunar resources. Since getting a girlfriend, I gave up on my game...

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Is it really wise to stamp your name followed by copyright on graphics and potentially the voice acting audio of someone else's work?
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Lord Yggdrasill
Lann Fisherman

Post by Lord Yggdrasill »

This surely looks interesting, good chance it will get done before Lunar 3's official release. Best luck!

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

I know it can rip all the voiced dialogue in the game, so I would assume it could also rip the battle voices from the games
Haha sooo nice !!! great help ! :P
Is it really wise to stamp your name followed by copyright on graphics and potentially the voice acting audio of someone else's work?
I know what u mean...hum anyway i will give copyrights to the guy who made all the rips...but everything from lunar series still the property of working design! it gonna be copyrighted too in my game
Thx , but dont worry , that is the website i already use .There is nothing better !But now i need to find all the main characters :P
This surely looks interesting, good chance it will get done before Lunar 3's official release. Best luck!
sadly but true... i'm still waiting for the release of lunar 3 , but i'm like anyone else ... i know nothing about it :|

Thx to everyone's ! i appreciate it :P

I know somewhere in the game , we can see the young ghaleon(or it was maybe just young leo..) , do you know where exactly in the game ? and if it was in lunar 1 or 2 ? I'm looking for this, is for my introduction. thx

Ps: Greater things have yet to come !

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Re: Lunar The Last Hope

Post by Punisher699 »

Here a preview of my battle system

How u like it guys ?

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

Well, it's nice that you're taking on a big project, and it's neat.

But I don't understand why I should play this when we have two Lunar 2 games. It offers nothing new; you're directly ripping everything from the other games. =(

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

But I don't understand why I should play this when we have two Lunar 2 games. It offers nothing new; you're directly ripping everything from the other games.
I know there is no real explanation about my project for now . It can be a little confused. But dont worry ! i have just taken graphics from both lunars , to make a new one ! "NOTHING" will be the same as lunar but , i will only use the graphics , thats all :P
I gonna change the whole story , i gonna use a part of the same characters, but i will just keep the graphic and the name , some maps gonna be the same ...

The screenshot of the battle system is just a "preview" of the one on my project, a good part of it was maded by photoshop !
I just copied and pasted the characters from lunar 2 lol

Dont worry man :P Its gonna be a new Lunar game from a mix of graphics of both Lunars .Better like that ?

But it was really a good question !

See ya 8-)

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Don't worry guys
I'm working hard with a real good guy , on the whole script of my battle system.
I'm always there ! :P

Stay tuned ! lol

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

I had to register just to leave praise to you punisher. I'm 27 and have played every Lunar game. It has been my favorite series since I was a child, I can't tell you how any times I've played through and beaten the sega cd lunars. Along with Vay, Shining Force CD, & Popful Mail of course. I feel somewhat ashamed of how much little praisse you've gotten on these boards about your endeavor. I couldn't think of anything better than having the old school graphics and a mix of known characters in this Hombrew you have here. I sincerly hope you keep up the great work because The Last Hope looks fantastic as far as I can tell. I can't wait to see more from you and I'm looking forward to playing the first original Lunar story since Eternal Blue for the sega CD. I commend you kind sir and once again thank you so much and keep up the great work I'm gitty at what to expect from The Last Hope.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Thank u very much dude for ur message. I really appreciate it : )
I try to do the best as i can on my project ... I'm 27 too , and lunar is one of my best series with suikoden.
Yeah , not many people came here to praise me and my project ... but anyway , what can i do ? i will going forward with my project anyway .
And i gonna stay here too , you just need to came here often too see every news about it : )

See ya :P

Ps: Right now , im working hard on the battle system

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Great stuff, its a shame these frauds here havn't been trying to give you all the motivation in the world to keep the project going, Just remember you don't have all the recources a normal dev has so try not to bite off more than you can chew hell you could make it a time lapse game and do 2 parts 8-10 hrs each so the old crew meets up with the new crew. This way you can finish part one of the game so you don't feel overwhelmed. Anyway enough from me your the god not me. Thanks for replying and I can't wait to see more from you. Just one small piece of advice in rpg's you spend most of the time in the battle sequence so that and story are the most important thing and needs to be kept fresh. I personally was always a fan of multiple battle music in games and new clothing for the characters mid way through.Also I always wanted thought Tempest was the best character in the game and wished he was more of a main character,perhaps subbing in and out different characters :P ......well I'll be damned I did it again lol Sorry I'll shutup keep it up buddy I'm pullin for ya.........TEMPEST FOR THE WIN!!!!!TIME TRAVEL ANYTHING JUST MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!! :mrgreen:

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

It was a little secret ... This will probably make you more happy , but tempest gonna be
one of the main character in the game , and maybe laike too 8-)
Here my interests for the characters

-Alex or Hiro for the main character ( i dont know yet :| )
-Luna
-Kyle ... I love that guy !! lol
-Laike (Old man)
-Tempest (Archer,i need a ranged)
-Mia (Mage)

And Maybe
-Jean
-and between Jessica n Leo ( my favorite one)

That's what i thought for now
Last edited by Punisher699 on Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

EternalDragonX wrote:its a shame these frauds here havn't been trying to give you all the motivation in the world to keep the project going
I assume you're not serious about this statement, right? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)