Lunar The Last Hope

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Punisher699
Pao Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Lunar The Last Hope

Post by Punisher699 »

... deleted
Last edited by Punisher699 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

That city layout is nice but I hope its not the first city in the game as its can be a bit intimidating. A little village would be much better, as for the characters, I like the names but I see no need in it unless you change the pallettes of the characters. If I see Kyle and Alex I'm goin to associate them with Kyle and Alex not Max and Samson, follow me? its just weird. Also I posted a program that may be of some help I don't know how to use it or what not but check it out and see if it could help you, here >>>> http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/863/ good luck with everything I'll be checking this thread daily to see what you come up with and hopefully help as much as I can. Maybe the guys Who created this Story could also help check it out.
>>>>>> http://zopharxiii.deviantart.com/gallery/#/dfom5f

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Yeah i know what you mean... but i'm not going to change every single character , with every battle animation... I have already so much job
to do on this game alone ... I have a story in my mind and on a paper , and it's for that reason i need a big big city . And there is something i really hate in lunar's game , that is small villages , with only 4 or 5 houses each , and where you can travel all around in 30 seconds... I love big city , and i need it for my story , that's the reason why is so big . And for the names i can't do nothing about it , you just have to keep in mind the real names in my game , that's it . It's not a sequel or a remake , it's my own game , with new names , new story , nothing in relation about the others.
And i thank you for your links , maybe i will use it in the future , for something else :P

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Hi Guys !! I know it's been a while lol 8-)
But i worked on my project during the weekend ,
I made a start for a menu system , and i've almost finished my CBS (Custom battle system) here a pic !

Everything is functionnal ! Trust me :P But my Command Menu still missing cuz i'm working on it right now
And i need to work on animations , skills , magics , etc.

I will upload a video in a couple of days

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Shaping up quite nice keep it up.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Thank you Eternal for ur support :P

Here it is ! a small preview of my CBS and CMS
But read first please !

-the CBS is at 70% (Custom battle system)
-the CMS is just a start for now , is not complete maybe 20% for now (Custom Menu System)
-Randolf is not one of the first character ! it's just a test
-this dungeon map is not in game ,it's a test map.
-I only have one complete character's animation (randolf)
-the guard option regenerate 5% of your max hp (in that case is 1hp...that's why)
i will try to give 2 options , regenerate hp or sp , maybe depending of your position in the party formation

This video is a fast release... i'm working on a new one , with more characters

Enjoy !

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

I could be wrong....but are you also trying to throw some Final Fantasy in there? Most of the menu system looked to be reminiscent of FF games (even the battle timer/sounds on title screen). I like the way that what you have so far looks and the little touch of adding the word "battle" when you start a fight is nice.
Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 11.18.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 11.18.45 PM.png (226.33 KiB) Viewed 45825 times

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Hi whiteknightleo ! thx for ur comments and here my answers

- There is no final fantasy looks like in my game... my menu is from my own imagination :P

-The battle ready screen was a test ... but you seems to like that , i thought it was a waste of time for
every battle , but why not ? maybe i can put a switch on/off in the option . I will show you that screen
in my next video for sure :P .

-And for the sounds , i just found them on a website... i don't know about it , and
i'm not going to use them anyway.

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Oh no's theres no range...he's returning to his place when he attacks......nooooooooooooooooooo. I'm sorry my friend but this is one thing that I think seperates Lunar from other rpg's. The battle system. Other than that it looks good I'll keep one eye open for now on this.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Yeah i know about that missing part ... im sad about it . I wanted that range system so much , but i think it's going to be hard to reproduce ... i was thinking about a formation system with grids . What do you think ? Or maybe you have a better solution ? I will try to add the numbers of attack like in lunars.This is just a preview of what i can do ... thats all . Many people dont understand that , i want to improve and add so many features to what im showing you . Trust me 8-)

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Here a example of what i'm talking about ! Nothing is real !

Explanations:
- There is 9 positions in the game (3 front , 3 middle , 3 back )
- You can choose the position of each character as you wish in the menu (this will be your own strategy)
- The picture shown an example of a character plus and minus bonus depending on its position in the battle
- More your level up your class , better is the "Plus" and sometimes the same or lower is the minus
- The middle positions are always straight (no bonus)
- The back positions are better for ranged characters , mages and healers .
- Is NOT every characters who got the same bonus !!!
- Samson can get speed bonus instead of attack bonus in the front line
- Sarah will get intelligence bonus instead of defense bonus in the back line
- Hans will get dexterity bonus in the back line
- etc . Each character will get is own bonus !

enjoy ! 8-) 8-)

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Good idea and looks nice but just remember how Lunar legend was and the dreaded Dragon Song. Its just not Lunar without the battle system. Thats why I loved Grandia II so much. It felt like it was Lunar. Do what you can to reproduce the range it should be in it....NAY it must be in it. Also any flying cats abound?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

EternalDragonX wrote:Good idea and looks nice but just remember how Lunar legend was and the dreaded Dragon Song. Its just not Lunar without the battle system. Thats why I loved Grandia II so much. It felt like it was Lunar. Do what you can to reproduce the range it should be in it....NAY it must be in it. Also any flying cats abound?
That's a very good point there. Grandia I and II's (haven't played the others) battle systems really felt like the Lunar battle system updated to use a real/active-time component. Part of me hopes that if another Lunar game ever comes out (remake of TSS or EB or entirely new story), it uses some logical descendant of the Grandia battle system.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

EternalDragonX
Nanza Bandit

Post by EternalDragonX »

Grandia II was just incredible and if my memory serves me right I believe GameArts was the dev. I'd bet my left HOHAH that they considered Lunar's battle system during the talk in development.

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

EternalDragonX wrote:Grandia II was just incredible and if my memory serves me right I believe GameArts was the dev. I'd bet my left HOHAH that they considered Lunar's battle system during the talk in development.
Grandia I and II were both developed Game Arts. Grandia II's battle system was basically a refined version of Grandia I's. I'll agree with you that many Lunarisms, including the battle system, were probably discussed during development of at least Grandia I, with those discussions/design decisions spilling over into Grandia II.

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Sorry guys , but this is not a grandia topic .
If u want to say something about my game , that's the right spot .

I'm waiting about my christmas vacation, it starts this saturday and ends january 8. I will work hard on my project.
And for the range system ... it's really really hard to reproduce that with rpg maker , quite impossible .
I think , the formation system is the better i can do right now ... :|

See ya guys

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Punisher699 wrote:Sorry guys , but this is not a grandia topic .
If u want to say something about my game , that's the right spot .
How about you implement a Grandia-like battle system for your game then. j/k

I know, it's a pain and possibly impossible with RPG Maker... :)

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

What do you like in the grandia 1 system battle ?

- i cant reproduce the ennemy's body parts
- the time bar is quite the same than my atb system, but it's possible

what else ?

Punisher699
Pao Hunter

Post by Punisher699 »

Here a little picture of the menu , it's the basic menu with modifications

another one 8-)

DMAlex
NPC

Post by DMAlex »

Punisher699 wrote:Here a little picture of the menu , it's the basic menu with modifications

another one 8-)

It looks like it's been almost a year since your last update. Did you stop working on the project? It was looking pretty nice.