winged cats? origin

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Capt.leon
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

winged cats? origin

Post by Capt.leon »

hi sorry for the gramar
i really want to know which is the origin of this winged cats, folk? maybe please i am doing a research of this topic

Lyriel
Lyton Singer

Re: winged cats? origin

Post by Lyriel »

Are you someone that's never played the Lunar games asking about the "cats"? Or, are you asking why the developers chose winged cats as = spoiler = baby dragons = end spoiler =?
One must only believe that the Light of Hope will always shine brightly.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

If it's the second, I think the answer is pretty self evident. Winged cats are both adorable and hilarious.

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

Not to mention that they like fish. :mrgreen:
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Because a winged dog just doesn't work itself into the mix. A winged fox perhaps...

Karthur
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Karthur »

I have a cat named Nall. Despite a deformed heart and 3 vets telling me the cat would die within a year he is 10 years old and can jump six feet straight in the air to get on top of the fridge. He has wings, but they aren't visible to the naked eye. Yeah.

Winged cats are hardy and defy all odds!

Oh, and he loves fish.
"Even if I close my eyes the world will not disappear." -- Mathiu Silverberg, Suikoden I

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

There might be some precursor in literature. Myths and legends have a tendency of sticking wings on things where there aren't. Examples: angels, Pegasus, Griffin, monkeys, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if a winged cat came up before, but I can't think of where that would've happened.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I googled "winged cats in mythology" and found this. :lol:

http://www.messybeast.com/winged-cats.htm

I saw another site where someone where someone mentioned a Bastet statue with wings on the ears and a claim that Freyas chariot was drawn by her winged cats, but thats about it. There are also the Tressym in the Forgotten Realms series.

SPOILERS BELOW!!!
 Don't know of any connection they have to Lunar though. Many of Althena's Dragons have cat-like features, such as pointy ears, fur, and whiskers. The small, winged companions of Lunar most likely aren't cats at all, but rather smaller dragons that just look like cats because they aren't full-sized dragons yet.

The game does a pretty good job telling you that they aren't actually cats and just appear that way.

BTW....Awesome story Karthur!!

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

The winged cats come from a series of JRPGs called Lunar. You may have heard of it.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

ilovemyguitar wrote:The winged cats come from a series of JRPGs called Lunar. You may have heard of it.
Wow, you're a jerk.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

No more of a jerk than anything half of us wanted to say. Except me. I wanted to say that Winged Cats: Origins would be a great movie that if we lobbied hard enough, it may be made into a movie. Directed by Michael Bay. That would be epic.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."