Lunar SSH Merchandise?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
dairugger
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Lunar SSH Merchandise?

Post by dairugger »

I wondered why we havent seen any merchandise or figures, keychains for Lunar SSH yet? I was hoping that it'd be successful enough to garner dolls, anime, little figures, etc. so far searches yield nothing.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: Lunar SSH Merchandise?

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You do realize that the game sold poorly in Japan, right?

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Was there any specific reason why it didn't sell well in Japan, like more prominent titles being released at the same time or something?

I've never played the japanese version of ssh, but the us version seemed to be well received. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there's something about the game itself that didn't resonate with Japan, or if it just got lost in the shuffle.

DragnMasterHiro
Iluk Crackpot

Post by DragnMasterHiro »

Maybe since SSH was the 8th release in Japan of Alex and Luna's adventure has somehting to do with it. Mega CD, Saturn, Saturn MPEG, PS, Windows PC, PS Best, GBA, and now PSP versions is alot of Silver Star burnout. I did enjoy SSH and really hope this will pave the way for a EB re-release finally. Give Hiro and Lucia some love!

As far as merchendise, ANY Lunar stuff is near impossible to find in typical anime shops online. I searched for hours upon hours and only found a couple listings for the Art books, novels, Lunar Songs CDs and a out of stock Poster listing. Your best hope, if you have the cash, is to try Yahoo! Japan auctions through a 3rd party company on your behalf to bid and ship to you. Ebay may have the rare Lunar merchendise offering once in a blue moon, so you can try to keep n eye out for that too.

As far as SSH stuff, I have seen a poster, several phone cards, the TGS promo items (fan and a voice card), Demo DVD that came with a small poster / ad, and a PSP strap.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I was hoping for some lunar merchandise when SSH came out. It's almost impossible to get any of the old merchandise, and i was hoping that some new stuff would come out and it would be slightly easyer to get. But it dosent seem likley now

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Xseed shop! Xseed, are you listening?

Produce knickknacks and they will buy... :P
「まあいいけど。」

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

localflick wrote:Was there any specific reason why it didn't sell well in Japan, like more prominent titles being released at the same time or something?
Dragon Quest IX was the big release that summer; I think that dominated a lot of the (handheld) RPG scene at the time. I can't imagine it had too much of an impact, though, considering the different release dates, systems, etc.

I think it had more to do with two things. One is perhaps remake fatigue. Japanese fans just as well knew they were getting a fourth version of a game, and even with some added bonuses, it still detracts from the draw of it--plus, unlike US fans, there wasn't a completely-different team localizing it. Two, well, my theory is that making tons of merchandise just isn't as popular as it used to be. The Lunar series in general is rather comparatively light on merchandise to begin with. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

There were tons of Lunar Silver Star versions in Japan.... but what ever happened to new fans? @_@; You'd think spanning all them platforms it might make a new generation of fans...

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

chiiruchan wrote:There were tons of Lunar Silver Star versions in Japan.... but what ever happened to new fans? @_@; You'd think spanning all them platforms it might make a new generation of fans...
*Turns complain button on. Warning!*

I know right? I'm disappointed with these newcomers and how bad they treat this series.
Maybe most newer generation kids arent as romantic as older generation kids??
If it was for me, I'd be happy to receive more Silver Star remakes if that's what they like to give us.
But if it's for a new generation full of ungrateful children, or even pissed old schoolers that hated SSS compared with TSS, then they both never deserved it!
I rather Lunar is left alone and that it remains a classic. :D No more unfairness to our loved game.

*Complain button off*

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I am so pathetic... lol.. I don't even care for TSS/SSSC/L/SSH that much... but I keep buying them. >< I just want my Lunar 2! They could reprint that forever and I would always buy it lol

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

ShindoW wrote:I am so pathetic... lol.. I don't even care for TSS/SSSC/L/SSH that much... but I keep buying them. >< I just want my Lunar 2! They could reprint that forever and I would always buy it lol
I would do that also! I like 1 and 2 equally

Solana
Student of Vane

Post by Solana »

It's because they keep modifying little things.

Ooh, Luna comes along in this one? How did they do that?

Wait, was that a screenshot of Xenobia and Phacia arguing? Must see!

They added a Four Heroes prologue? What happens there?

Agreed with more love going to Lunar 2.
This is either madness, or brilliance- Will Turner
It's remarkable how often those traits coincide- Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl