Trading Cards (that came with the games..)

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Trading Cards (that came with the games..)

Post by ShindoW »

I checked here:
http://www.lunar-net.com/merchandise/tradingcards.php

And it says the cards listed were included with Magic School Lunar. I just snagged one off Ebay that said it came with the cards (I was wondering if they are random or if that is the set?)

I also heard SSS and EB on the Saturn came with cards, too.

Help is much appreciated. :D Thank you~

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Re: Trading Cards (that came with the games..)

Post by DragonmasterDan »

I still have mine in the baggie they came in. But I believe it's a consistent set.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

The text at the top of that page needs to be changed, because the cards from the Saturn SSS and EB games are also shown. The bottom five are the ones that come with MS, but I'm sure you figured that out. Yes, it's the same set in all of them.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Ah, did you snag that off eBay? I saw one on there earier, lol. Thought about it, but didn't feel like chucking out that much money for cards.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Yeah it was Ebay, but it was the game CIB w/spine and the cards for $40. That seemed fair to me. :D I'm looking forward to playing it after I run through the translated GameGear version (so I at least have some idea what is going on.. at least IIRC Kizr has a guide)

So, am I correct in understanding all the Lunar games for Saturn came with their own respective cards? XD This is gonna take awhile to track down~

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Alunissage wrote:The text at the top of that page needs to be changed, because the cards from the Saturn SSS and EB games are also shown. The bottom five are the ones that come with MS, but I'm sure you figured that out. Yes, it's the same set in all of them.
...I'll add it to the list of updates. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

ShindoW wrote:Yeah it was Ebay, but it was the game CIB w/spine and the cards for $40. That seemed fair to me. :D I'm looking forward to playing it after I run through the translated GameGear version (so I at least have some idea what is going on.. at least IIRC Kizr has a guide)

So, am I correct in understanding all the Lunar games for Saturn came with their own respective cards? XD This is gonna take awhile to track down~
Ah, it was something different then. I saw just the cards. With shipping it'd be $30 or something I think. Have other stuff I rather spend that amount of money on. Considering it was just cards.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

ShindoW wrote:So, am I correct in understanding all the Lunar games for Saturn came with their own respective cards? XD This is gonna take awhile to track down~
Sort of. The first Saturn release of SSS (with the blue-toned art on the cover) did NOT have cards. The MPEG release of it (with the white-background art and "complete" in the title) did come with cards. So if you want all the cards you'll have to get that one, but be warned that it requires the MPEG add-on video card to play that version of the game.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Thanks Alunissage :D Youre the best~

Did the US ever get the MPEG card? Just curious in case I do try to hunt for one, but I will probably just get both versions. :D

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Nope, no MPEG compatible games were released in the US. Gungriffon may be an exception; I'd like to know if it's possible to get it to work. There weren't many compatible games released in Japan in the first place.
「まあいいけど。」