Anyone New to the Series?

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anyone New to the Series?

Post by Monde Luna »

I was just wondering if there was anyone on the board that has not played any version of L:TSS etc. If so please speak up. =) Some people have been marking spoilers and some have not. I just want to make sure we aren't spoiling the story for anyone.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Anyone New to the Series?

Post by Arlia »

I'm working on getting through the Sega CD originals, but I know not to poke my nose too far into things. I'm quite familiar with the PS remakes, though.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

How are you enjoying the music Arlia, and certain changes to the story?

Soul
Burg Farmer

Post by Soul »

Well I beat Lunar Silver Star Harmony a couple of days ago and I am tempted to restart it to see what I missed and because its awesome. Plus I just realized at the end of the game[of COURSEEEE I figure it out then :( ] that I CAN open up those darn red treasure boxes...Oh and a note to all those sprite fans out their The Spriters Resource is a no no when it comes to beating a game, though towards the middle of the game I could start guessing on what happens and be right but it really was sad to see some sprites of characters in the story that where spoilers..im looking at you luna lol.

Arlia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Arlia »

I knew about the story changes, but mostly I'm blown away by the graphics and over all how the game looks. I honestly wondered if it was a beta version or something; it just looked awful. Growing up old school, I understand the limitations, but it looked like pixelated garbage. It couldn't have been that hard to clean it up. Yep; WD busted their *ss on that one. >_>

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Confused... Arlia, are you referring to the TSS graphics? Were you playing games in 1991?

And you know that redoing graphics and such was not in the least WD's specialty, right? They made occasional very specific edits that were required, but would certainly not have had the resources to "clean it up" in the manner you seem to expect.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It also depends on what you're using to play the game, and if you're playing on a standard tv, HDTV, or a monitor. HDTV's are not kind to older game systems, and will exploit all the flaws.

Lunar: The Silver Star was not graphically stellar, but the total package of story, video, and sound is what made it special. Lunar:Eternal Blue is the graphically superior game, but it's still outdated as far as graphic appeal if you're comparing it to modern design. Some people like retro graphics (Mega Man 9,10) and some people prefer state of the art.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Silver Phoenix wrote:It also depends on what you're using to play the game, and if you're playing on a standard tv, HDTV, or a monitor. HDTV's are not kind to older game systems, and will exploit all the flaws.

Lunar: The Silver Star was not graphically stellar, but the total package of story, video, and sound is what made it special. Lunar:Eternal Blue is the graphically superior game, but it's still outdated as far as graphic appeal if you're comparing it to modern design. Some people like retro graphics (Mega Man 9,10) and some people prefer state of the art.
Way I figure you gotta consider when the games were made. Personally I love old school graphics.