Origin of "Noah" in Alex Noah

This board is for general discussion of Lunar. Especially things such as Lunar merchandise, general discussions about the story that span more than one game, etc.
EternalBlue1000
NPC
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Origin of "Noah" in Alex Noah

Post by EternalBlue1000 »

I havent played all the different versions of the Lunar games so I don't know the answer. In what game did they give Alex the last name "Noah"? Tyia

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Re: Origin of "Noah" in Alex Noah

Post by Shiva Indis »

The first place I saw Noa(h) as Alex's surname was the Lunar 1 & 2 artbook. It was published in... Heisei 7. ;^_^; That'd be 1996, right? And the first SSS novel was published the following year, containing the names of both of Alex's parents and the surname.

Now I think the question 'is Alex's father named at all in TSS?' will be on my list of things to research. Not even the 2nd TSS strategy guide gives him a name, and there's all kinds of obscure stuff in there. (Edit: Seek and you shall find. http://www.lunar-net.com/tss/screens/1/ ... AR_168.jpg)
「まあいいけど。」

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Shiva Indis wrote:Now I think the question 'is Alex's father named at all in TSS?' will be on my list of things to research. Not even the 2nd TSS strategy guide gives him a name, and there's all kinds of obscure stuff in there. (Edit: Seek and you shall find. http://www.lunar-net.com/tss/screens/1/ ... AR_168.jpg)
LOL! I came across that playing TSS not too long ago and was all "Wait, Alex's father is Noah Noah??" @_@
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't believe I wouldn't remember this, but what were his parents named in the novels?

Again, I don't see any real discrepancy with Alex's father's peers (e.g. the guy in the screenshot) referring to him by last name, since that's not uncommon. Or in Alex and Luna having Noa as a patronymic similar to what many or most Russians still have as their middle names.

Back to the original question, this is the first US release of the game which has last names for Alex and Luna, among other characters.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:I can't believe I wouldn't remember this, but what were his parents named in the novels?
Noah and Thalia.:mrgreen:
Alunissage wrote:Again, I don't see any real discrepancy with Alex's father's peers (e.g. the guy in the screenshot) referring to him by last name, since that's not uncommon.
It's common in Japanese, may I add.
「まあいいけど。」